• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I have always been a die hard 1911 man to the core and for the most part I still am. Its almost like trying to remain a loyal husband but still having a secret mistress. My father was adamant about polymer guns when the Glock first came on the market saying "Real guns are made from steel, toys are made out of plastic." I have lived by this my whole life. I never had any interest in Glocks first of all they are polymer but even more so because they are God awful ugly things. I was raised to always look at guns as a craftsman work of art and excellence, 1911's, Hi Powers, Beretta's, old Walther's, Mauser's and Lugar's all Works of art. Beautifully machined and hand crafted metal and wood all fitted together in a symphony of perfection and function-ability. Then one day about 3 or 4 years ago I came across an XDM. Unlike the Glock I found it esthetically pleasing and if fit my hand like no other pistol I have ever held. I was intrigued but Pop's words still rang in my head, an unconscious fear of my father rolling over in his grave dissuaded me for some time.

Then last year I took an XD in trade saying to myself ahhh its the same as an XDM only without the interchangeable back-straps and it holds a few rounds less. Ehhh same thing right?.. I am here to tell you no its not. I liked the XD very much but I still longed for an XDM. Its just something about the way it feels in my hand that I cannot fully explain.

I traded the XD about 6 months ago to a family member for one of my fathers old shotguns actually the shotgun I learned how to shoot with that I hunted with my first year when I was 12 years old. I didn't think I would miss that old XD-9 I liked it but I still longed for an XDM. (My father is rolling over in his grave as I type this.) Today I traded a Beretta for an XDM (Now pop is flipping in his grave.) and every time I pick it up and hold it in my hand it just feels right. It feels right like that first girl I made love to as a teen and couldn't get enough of. I got this for my son and I fear he is going to have to either fight me for it, wait till I keel over or until we can get another one. For now well.... Its a gun not a girl so I guess we can share it.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I only have 3 of them at this moment but Im a 1911 convert. The 5.25 is a 9 but the other 2 are 45.
    Sorry bout the thrown up pic

5cd04c65.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    XD .45ACP Compact that is my usual EDC. And my son bought one, also for EDC. I've seen the upgrades from Powder River, Springer and Springfield Custom Shop, but the gun just works so well in stock form that i have not messed with it. Great gun. Easy to shoot well.

Jdrex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Brownsburg, USA
    XDm 40 3.8

Just picked mine up last weekend and can't wait to get to the range. No accessories yet but I don't like the holster that came with so that will be first. The night sights will come next...

Last edited:

PastorBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Wabash
    I picked up my XDM9 a few weeks ago and absolutely love! I just ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck for CC so I can actually carry it without the free holster. I only have two problems with the gun: 1) I don't have enough time to spend at the range 2) Now I want a compact or subcompact for easier carry!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    :wrongdoor: Oops I thought this was the I love Glocks thread. :): I love my Glocks but I have been missing my XDM 45 lately, I think I will try and pick up another next month. A lot of great posts in here! Springfield offers great guns. :yesway:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I'll jump in here have 2, don't even think about Blocks. Oops, did I spell that wrong?
    A 357sig and 45 both service models. Going to look at the new XDm 3.8 in 45.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had my XDm 40 3.8 for several months and shot it recently. Put about 300rds through it and was pleased. Its EDC in the factory paddle if I OCB (ext mag) or in a Blackhawk bag on my belt (short mag). Bought 2 other mags from Springfield. Didn't know there was already an aftermarket of parts for it.

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Newest XDM owner on the site?

I just plunked down my CC tonight for the XDm 9mm 5.25" bitone online. Can't wait to take possession. Just need to find a near northside indy place to shoot the darn thing.

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    Just got an XD 5" 45acp to go with my XDm 4.5 9mm. I just put in a PRP match trigger kit and ss guide rod and 20lb spring and Xtreme grip tape. Nice

Top Bottom