• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    Any opinions on shooting the xd9sc or the 40sc? I'm considering purchasing one for carry/shooting purposes.

How is recoil/concealability?

I have the 40 sc & it shoots like a champ - recoil is minimal & I conceal carry it all the time with no issues (ankle carry & IWB's). It's not something you'd want to ankle carry in if you were doing a lot of walking, but it comes in handy in certain situations.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    XDM9 & 40. They both have Don's Guide rods,Wolff Spring (.40 #16 9mm #18) .40 has a PRP 3.5LBS trigger kit,Titanium striker indicator, Polished Striker. More bells and whistles to come.

323996057584c451a083b.jpg

1008057.jpg

XDM-45
    Just traded my father-n-law for this who I talk into buying it for his first Polymer. Said he hated it and will never understand why someone would spend the money on a plastic gun! So I did a major overhaul on a 03 Cadillac, Put new carpet in the pontoon, and installed a garage door opener. Labor wise I lost my @**. But not hearing the wife complain about spending another $600 on a gun is priceless. This is my first non 1911 .45 and I'm a horrible shot with it. Why? I don't know. It's definitely me and not the firearm. Anything past 25yrds lives.

Don's Guide rod, Canyon creek spring pack,PRP Ejector,PistolGear Slide Stop, PRP SS pin set, Don's aluminum striker spring.

springfields.jpg

shawnfox12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    greenfield in,
    i have a ton of diffrent guns and i only have two that i cant live with out my xd .45 .edc.. and my sec. wife springfield 1911-a1 fully custom shes my nasty girl springfield has always had my heart sence first shot

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    XDM9 & 40. They both have Don's Guide rods,Wolff Spring (.40 #16 9mm #18) .40 has a PRP 3.5LBS trigger kit,Titanium striker indicator, Polished Striker. More bells and whistles to come.

323996057584c451a083b.jpg

1008057.jpg

XDM-45
    Just traded my father-n-law for this who I talk into buying it for his first Polymer. Said he hated it and will never understand why someone would spend the money on a plastic gun! So I did a major overhaul on a 03 Cadillac, Put new carpet in the pontoon, and installed a garage door opener. Labor wise I lost my @**. But not hearing the wife complain about spending another $600 on a gun is priceless. This is my first non 1911 .45 and I'm a horrible shot with it. Why? I don't know. It's definitely me and not the firearm. Anything past 25yrds lives.

Don's Guide rod, Canyon creek spring pack,PRP Ejector,PistolGear Slide Stop, PRP SS pin set, Don's aluminum striker spring.

springfields.jpg

I really like the green one.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    This is my first non 1911 .45 and I'm a horrible shot with it. Why? I don't know. It's definitely me and not the firearm. Anything past 25yrds lives.

I am also a 1911 shooter and I started off not shooting too good with my XD. For me, it was mostly that my hand isn't big enough to grip the XD the same way I grip the 1911. Basically I was just holding the XD wrong. As many people say, you want the pistol to extend off of your arm in a straight line with the arm.. like it's an extension of your arm. I was not holding it that way at first and had to modify my grip from what felt natural when you just walk over and grab it. Once I realized my grip was not right and fixed it, it just took a little adjusting to the trigger. The 1911 has the obvious "stop" and you know the crisp break is right there just a hair further. The XD is not as easy to feel, so maybe you are not pulling it as smoothly as you should be. I practice trigger control on the XD by pulling the trigger back extremely slowly and let it surprise me when it breaks. If you can have a friend load your mags and mix in a few dummy rounds, this is fun and helps you see & improve on some flaws if you have them.

Sorry if I am restating what is obvious to you, but those two things helped me quite a bit going from 1911 to XD.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I carry a XD40SC. Only mod is plenty of holster wear! Decent gun, though I'm on the hunt for a way to improve the grips.

Are you talking about the short clip? If so, just try putting a Pearce extension on it. The long clip was just too much of a pain to try to conceal. If I'm OC, I'll use the long clip.

image.php

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Any opinions on shooting the xd9sc or the 40sc? I'm considering purchasing one for carry/shooting purposes.

How is recoil/concealability?
    Check my previous post for a pic of my XD9 SC. They can be a bit clunky at first, but you get used to it. I have an inexpensive soft holster for CC but I really like my Blackhawk for OC.

The Pearce has been a big help too. Recoil, no big deal.

I would suggest that you go with the Hornady Critical Defense rounds for personal protection. They kinda have a good "splat factor" against the 9MM velocity.

Loopie159753

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    South Bend, Indiana
    Carry the XDm .45 bi tone. Everything still stock until I get back to working again. Got an interview tomorrow so maybe soon.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction I'm looking for IWB holster for this gun. Maybe someone has tried one and liked it. Or even just a website I can look at.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Carry the XDm .45 bi tone. Everything still stock until I get back to working again. Got an interview tomorrow so maybe soon.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction I'm looking for IWB holster for this gun. Maybe someone has tried one and liked it. Or even just a website I can look at.

I carry my XD in a Kholster..
    Products

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Aco
    I am also a 1911 shooter and I started off not shooting too good with my XD. For me, it was mostly that my hand isn't big enough to grip the XD the same way I grip the 1911. Basically I was just holding the XD wrong. As many people say, you want the pistol to extend off of your arm in a straight line with the arm.. like it's an extension of your arm. I was not holding it that way at first and had to modify my grip from what felt natural when you just walk over and grab it. Once I realized my grip was not right and fixed it, it just took a little adjusting to the trigger. The 1911 has the obvious "stop" and you know the crisp break is right there just a hair further. The XD is not as easy to feel, so maybe you are not pulling it as smoothly as you should be. I practice trigger control on the XD by pulling the trigger back extremely slowly and let it surprise me when it breaks. If you can have a friend load your mags and mix in a few dummy rounds, this is fun and helps you see & improve on some flaws if you have them.

Sorry if I am restating what is obvious to you, but those two things helped me quite a bit going from 1911 to XD.

Thanks for the advice Mike. I'll try anything at this point. With the 9 and 40, I can pretty much place the shot were I want it up too 40-45yrds. I'm trying to build them all to be exactly the same so nothing feels foreign when going from one to the next. The 9mm came with the X2 setup and that went to the classifieds after it's first outing. So virtually they are the same, but I just can't get a handle on the 45. According to my notes, All these targets were set up at 25yrds at three different ranges.

Winchester Ranger -T 147gr 9mm (outdoor range)
    4025yrds.jpg

I belive this was Federal 180gr FMJ FN .40 (indoor range)
    shottarget40.jpg

Winchester Ranger-T 230gr .45 (backyard range)
    xdm45.jpg

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Damn you shoot great in my opinion. I think you did great with the .45 too, just all low for some reason. I don't know what causes someone to shoot low like that but i assume your grip and trigger pull are all sorted out! That is really good shooting. I am not on your level. :yesway:

Aco

Thanks for the advice Mike. I'll try anything at this point. With the 9 and 40, I can pretty much place the shot were I want it up too 40-45yrds. I'm trying to build them all to be exactly the same so nothing feels foreign when going from one to the next. The 9mm came with the X2 setup and that went to the classifieds after it's first outing. So virtually they are the same, but I just can't get a handle on the 45. According to my notes, All these targets were set up at 25yrds at three different ranges.

Winchester Ranger -T 147gr 9mm (outdoor range)
    4025yrds.jpg

I belive this was Federal 180gr FMJ FN .40 (indoor range)
    shottarget40.jpg

Winchester Ranger-T 230gr .45 (backyard range)
    xdm45.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Are you talking about the short clip? If so, just try putting a Pearce extension on it. The long clip was just too much of a pain to try to conceal. If I'm OC, I'll use the long clip.

image.php

Actually, I'm more worried about the texture. It just seems hard to hold onto. The short grip of the subcompact doesn't really bother me too much. I just tuck my pinky under it.

Does anyone make something to add some "grip" to the grip?

f anyone can lead me in the right direction I'm looking for IWB holster for this gun. Maybe someone has tried one and liked it. Or even just a website I can look at.
    I use a Crossbreed Supertuck for CC days. Works well. The XD is pretty "fat" and harder to conceal than some guns. It will still disappear under a loose shirt with the Crossbreed, though.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I used to carry my XD 9mm. Now I carry a CZ Rami 9mm.

I have quite a few different XDs now. I have the 9mm and 40 XDM, XD 9mm and XD 45 acp SC.

The XD line is my favorite striker fired pistol. I prefer a steel frame at this point in my life but still love my XDs.

Top Bottom