• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    What guns are going for 4 times the normal price? I honestly haven't seen that anywhere, even on Gunbroker. Prices are higher, but not 4 times higher. Not even 2 times higher on most things.

I could close to quadruple my AK. Easily make hundreds on a lot of stuff. I think it's going to get worse up until the election.

That said, if things go badly on November 3rd, we all may need everything we've got more then we need any profits we could make.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I could close to quadruple my AK. Easily make hundreds on a lot of stuff. I think it's going to get worse up until the election.

That said, if things go badly on November 3rd, we all may need everything we've got more then we need any profits we could make.

Yeah, you may be right about that one. I forgot about my MAK-90 that I gave $350 for way back when. Those things are quite a bit saltier on Gunbroker now.

I'm holding out for November 4 and beyond. They may indeed go from 4x the value to irreplaceable. Or indispensable, if things get sporty.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah, you may be right about that one. I forgot about my MAK-90 that I gave $350 for way back when. Those things are quite a bit saltier on Gunbroker now.

I'm holding out for November 4 and beyond. They may indeed go from 4x the value to irreplaceable. Or indispensable, if things get sporty.

People just don't realize...

attachment.php

album.php

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Thanks for the tip. I just ordered an extra 20 mags.

I got mine today and I was about to be really disappointed because they weren't seating into my PSA AR. I then remembered someone said on another thread about these that they had to unload them 1-2 rounds. I Loaded them all to 29 rounds and tested all 12. They seated correctly at 29 rounds. Perhaps it's firearm specific but my AR didn't like them at 30 rounds. I'm still happy about the purchase for 29 round magazines.

I also weighed them and compared them to my other mags.

Fully Loaded Steel - 19.85 oz
    Fully Loaded Aluminum - 15.85 oz
    Fully Loaded Hexmag (plastic) 16.25 oz
    Fully Loaded Magpul M2 (plastic) 16.50 oz

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got mine today and I was about to be really disappointed because they weren't seating into my PSA AR. I then remembered someone said on another thread about these that they had to unload them 1-2 rounds. I Loaded them all to 29 rounds and tested all 12. They seated correctly at 29 rounds. Perhaps it's firearm specific but my AR didn't like them at 30 rounds. I'm still happy about the purchase for 29 round magazines.

I also weighed them and compared them to my other mags.

Fully Loaded Steel - 19.85 oz
    Fully Loaded Aluminum - 15.85 oz
    Fully Loaded Hexmag (plastic) 16.25 oz
    Fully Loaded Magpul M2 (plastic) 16.50 oz

For competitions or rucks I always used a rule of thumb of 1# per loaded mag. If the mags are worth a darn at all they should work fine with 30 loaded rounds. I agree they'll seat and lock in better with 28 or 29, but should still work with 30. I've never heard of SHK mags and I'm all for saving money but for another dollar or two per mag I'd rather know I've got an OKAY, or D&H that's as good as it gets then end up with something that kinda works if you use it a particular special way. Hopefully the SHK mags work out for you and everyone else who bought them.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    November 4th if Biden gets elected. That's when the shortage will take effect.

The Biden Plan to End Our Gun Violence Epidemic
    Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

If this were actually to come true, there would be plenty of mags available as demand would crash due to having to pay a $200 tax for each existing mag and any new mags you may want to purchase.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Perhaps require you to also pay to have an identifier engraved on it?

Yeah no. They aren't going to be able to regulate accessories other than straight up banning them. The firearms they plausibly could. The magazines they could try and ban, but then again I think this would go to the supreme court and they would shoot it down. No pun intended.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Millions, and I do mean MILLIONS of Americans own standard capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

How many bump stocks are out there? How many have been turned in? Look it up.

Let's see how turning millions of Americans into instant felons works out for the government.

Top Bottom