• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If you are worried that you do not have enough magazines you better buy a few more. Don't by junk magazines get good quality ones. I had a neighbor who just bought an AK 47 underfolder. He ask me where he could get some more magazines. I gave him several links to Magpul and Bulgarian, Croatian mags. So he decided they were to much and found some unknown brand that would fall out every time he shot. I told him maybe he can keep the springs for good magazines if they are any good from those cheap magazines he bought. Now he's bought 4 Bulgarian mags that are working good. So buy a quality product not cheap promag or similar problem magazines.

It's an unfortunate learning process to find out all magazines are not created equal. I am amazed that a company that puts out nothing but crap products like "Pro-Mag" is still in business.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It's an unfortunate learning process to find out all magazines are not created equal. I am amazed that a company that puts out nothing but crap products like "Pro-Mag" is still in business.

The supply of cheapskates who always order from the right side of the menu is endless.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree. The only way I can rationalize it is that people are buying them and not ever using them.

I just looked at Indy Gun Bunker's website. This part bothers me:

• Firearms must be paid in full before background check can be called into NICS
      Background checks can take from 5 minutes UP TO 3 business days to complete
      Straw Sale: It is a felony to purchase a firearm for a person who is restricted by law from purchasing or possessing a firearm.

• It is purchaser’s responsibility to be aware of their personal history, not the FFL holder. There will be a 25% restocking fee for all sales DENIED by FBI. If denied, the dealer will provide purchaser with the NICS appeals form. Appeals can take up to 6 months.

I've never heard of a shop doing that before. Is this a common practice? I mean, I guess the purchase has to be completed in order to report the sale to NICS, but the restocking fee is a bit much.

ETA: Wrong thread! I don't know how I put it in this one. :ugh:

Last edited:

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I just looked at Indy Gun Bunker's website. This part bothers me:

• Firearms must be paid in full before background check can be called into NICS
      Background checks can take from 5 minutes UP TO 3 business days to complete
      Straw Sale: It is a felony to purchase a firearm for a person who is restricted by law from purchasing or possessing a firearm.

• It is purchaser’s responsibility to be aware of their personal history, not the FFL holder. There will be a 25% restocking fee for all sales DENIED by FBI. If denied, the dealer will provide purchaser with the NICS appeals form. Appeals can take up to 6 months.

I've never heard of a shop doing that before. Is this a common practice? I mean, I guess the purchase has to be completed in order to report the sale to NICS, but the restocking fee is a bit much.

I believe Blythe's in Valpo has a sign up that says they charge like $25 or something if you get denied. It's a flat fee not a percentage.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Only thing I see is it keeps people who know they will be denied from wasting their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see this. Otherwise, it reminds me of cheaper than dirt putting the screws to the customers that built the place, but they aren't in my town and I'm not worried about having to shop there.

Back to the magazine topic, the mags I wasn't seeing are now back in stock across the board as plentiful as ever.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Buy all the mags you want....no ammo to put in them........:dunno:

Don

Ammoseek is showing 118 choices in 5.56 and 185 in .223 right now.

Plenty of ammo out there.

No cheap ammo, I'll give you that.

You didn't say anything about price, though. :)

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I believe Blythe's in Valpo has a sign up that says they charge like $25 or something if you get denied. It's a flat fee not a percentage.

That seems fair. Flat fee for wasting their time.

25% restocking fee seems ridiculous. I think if restocking actually cost a business that much in labor, they'd go out of business pretty quick, because after moving a gun from their showcase to the vault and back for 4 days, the gun would have lost 100% of it's value to labor costs. Might as well give it away at that point, before it starts costing you money. Well, unless the 100% is calculated on the value of the gun when it's vaulted for the night. So a $1000 gun becomes a $750 gun on day two, but a $562.50 gun on day three, because the value is based on the previous day's value, rather than the original value. It might get them an extra week or two in business.

Does the employee who has to transfer the gun from the showcase to the vault and back get any commission on that 25% restocking fee? Wouldn't it be more lucrative to encourage felons to visit the shop, as the profit from non-sales would certainly exceed the profit from actual sales? Do the guns that have had someone pay a restocking fee of 25% get discounted 25% to an actual buyer who arrives before they've been restocked?

It's all so confusing. :scratch:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    This panic is weird. I've been all stocked up as always, but as I posted in a couple earlier threads, it didn't seem to be hitting Indiana as badly as other areas. Online vendors seem to be able to produce or procure and deliver product, and local sales don't look to be too outrageous. NICS checks are through the roof, which would seem to indicate a national phenomenon, but I'm not really seeing it affecting me.

Then I look at national sales sites, like Gunbroker, and see things going for outrageous prices. It makes me wonder if it's profit-taking time for some of my "extra" guns. When I can easily get 4 times what I paid for one of my "fun guns", is it time to sell?

I kinda feel bad for the guys who are true 2A supporters, and just got to the age where they can exercise their gun rights, and now they have the current situation.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This panic is weird. I've been all stocked up as always, but as I posted in a couple earlier threads, it didn't seem to be hitting Indiana as badly as other areas. Online vendors seem to be able to produce or procure and deliver product, and local sales don't look to be too outrageous. NICS checks are through the roof, which would seem to indicate a national phenomenon, but I'm not really seeing it affecting me.

Then I look at national sales sites, like Gunbroker, and see things going for outrageous prices. It makes me wonder if it's profit-taking time for some of my "extra" guns. When I can easily get 4 times what I paid for one of my "fun guns", is it time to sell?

I kinda feel bad for the guys who are true 2A supporters, and just got to the age where they can exercise their gun rights, and now they have the current situation.

What guns are going for 4 times the normal price? I honestly haven't seen that anywhere, even on Gunbroker. Prices are higher, but not 4 times higher. Not even 2 times higher on most things.

Top Bottom