• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Elmer Keith inspired....New Model Blackhawk Flattop in .44 Special with a 5.5 inch barrel...Spent an hour last night working on this over the shoulder rig...In the pouch are another 10 rounds, fire striker, match case, and lighter....

Dh6BAUzX4AI5ow4.jpg
    Dh6BAU0XcAAeHZA.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Elmer Keith inspired....New Model Blackhawk Flattop in .44 Special with a 5.5 inch barrel...Spent an hour last night working on this over the shoulder rig...In the pouch are another 10 rounds, fire striker, match case, and lighter....

Dh6BAUzX4AI5ow4.jpg
    Dh6BAU0XcAAeHZA.jpg

Nice! I've got a Blackhawk convertible (45 colt/45 acp) with a 7.5" barrel that I need a holster for.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nice! I've got a Blackhawk convertible (45 colt/45 acp) with a 7.5" barrel that I need a holster for.

Not counting .22's I've got 5 Ruger single action revolvers...All in a different caliber!!! 45 ACP only birdshead new vaquero, 45 Colt New Vaquero, .357 New Vaquero, 44 special flattop shown, and 44 magnum Super Blackhawk shown above...

That's messed up...How the heck did I manage this????

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not counting .22's I've got 5 Ruger single action revolvers...All in a different caliber!!! 45 ACP only birdshead new vaquero, 45 Colt New Vaquero, .357 New Vaquero, 44 special flattop shown, and 44 magnum Super Blackhawk shown above...

That's messed up...How the heck did I manage this????

Man, it's like you own your own gun shop or something! :):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Found a relic of my younger days, a DeSantis shoulder rig for the short S&W Model 19. Switched from the Model 19 to a 1911 when I had to start leaving firearms in the car at work. The shoulder rig was too cumbersome to get out of.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Found a relic of my younger days, a DeSantis shoulder rig for the short S&W Model 19. Switched from the Model 19 to a 1911 when I had to start leaving firearms in the car at work. The shoulder rig was too cumbersome to get out of.

Love it....The only kind of shoulder rigs I can wear are the one strap with a ring over the shoulder rigs my buddy made for me...Just slip your favorite holster onto it and sling it over your shoulder....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Light woods carry...My dad picked me up the knife at SMKW's...Had is 5th chemo treatment then he and mom left the Doctor and drove 4.5 hours to the Smokies and hiked up a mountain....I love my dad...Tough old hillbilly he is.....He picked me up this Morakniv and I filed the spine at a, 90 degree angle so as to spark a ferro rod, darkened the blade with mustard, vinegar and a dash of cold blue...I found some half moon plastic and fashioned a ferro rod holder that the rod literally snaps into place...The NAA is the Earl..I dyed the holster and carry it up under my arm by looping the cord through my arm and shoulder...

The revolver tucks in nicely and with the 4 inch barrel is surprisingly accurate....The whole rig weighs nothing...I've since wrapped a little paracord over the electrical tape...These Morakniv's are a lot of knife for $20....
    DqMWrjdXgAA4-5r.jpg

DqMWrjcXQAAyLEf.jpg

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Have you shot the NAA after dark? Big 'ole fireball, and louder than hell; you'd of thought it was a 44 mag (OK, slight exageration). I have the 4" Mini-master, lives in the wife's nightstand loaded with Gold Dots, as a backup.

Light woods carry...My dad picked me up the knife at SMKW's...Had is 5th chemo treatment then he and mom left the Doctor and drove 4.5 hours to the Smokies and hiked up a mountain....I love my dad...Tough old hillbilly he is.....He picked me up this Morakniv and I filed the spine at a, 90 degree angle so as to spark a ferro rod, darkened the blade with mustard, vinegar and a dash of cold blue...I found some half moon plastic and fashioned a ferro rod holder that the rod literally snaps into place...The NAA is the Earl..I dyed the holster and carry it up under my arm by looping the cord through my arm and shoulder...

The revolver tucks in nicely and with the 4 inch barrel is surprisingly accurate....The whole rig weighs nothing...I've since wrapped a little paracord over the electrical tape...These Morakniv's are a lot of knife for $20....
    DqMWrjdXgAA4-5r.jpg

DqMWrjcXQAAyLEf.jpg

Top Bottom