• What's your party affiliation?

• Total voters

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    Libertarian views, but not Libertarian Party. I checked independent- I don't belong to any political party, and party affiliation has absolutely ZERO effect on how I vote.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Political parties are pure evil when put into practice. George Washington warned us and no one listened.

Political parties are a great way to subvert the protections of a Constitution-based democratic republic. They concentrate power (almost always in the wrong hands) and not only do they effectively eliminate genuine opposition to the status quo, by their nature they produce only bad compromises for candidates.

Political parties suck. The only thing I like about the Republican Party is that they're not Democrats. Unfortunately we are stuck with a corrupt, 2-party system, at least for now, since the challengers don't seem willing or capable of growing viable candidate from the bottom to the top (i.e. town council --> state legislature ---> congress), but instead seem to focus on the big boy seats where they have little or no chance of success because NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA WHO THEY ARE.

Until recently, it seemd like the Republicans did less damage than the Democrats, but the margin has shrunk. Neither party can get enough government involvement . . . as long as it suits their agenda. Some individual Republicans do seem to say some of the right words, but their machine seems intent on delivering "Democrat Lite" candidates and policies, so genuine small gov't conservatives and libertarians don't have much chance of affecting the big picture.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you folks don't like the way the major party represents your views, ask yourself what you've done about it?

Called your senators?
    Called your congressional reps?
    Called your local paper?

None of those folks work FOR you, the voting public.

The elected officials work for: The Precinct committee people.

You can call you County party chair and get on the list to be appointed to empty precinct seats.

Or, you can run to be Convention delegates to that Parties State Convention. Delegates get input on some of the state level candidates.

Here's the link to the CAN-37 form to become a candidate to the State Convention

http://www.in.gov/sos/elections/files/CAN-37_(2009_revision).pdf

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Political parties are pure evil when put into practice. George Washington warned us and no one listened.

Political parties are a great way to subvert the protections of a Constitution-based democratic republic. They concentrate power (almost always in the wrong hands) and not only do they effectively eliminate genuine opposition to the status quo, by their nature they produce only bad compromises for candidates.

Political parties suck. The only thing I like about the Republican Party is that they're not Democrats. Unfortunately we are stuck with a corrupt, 2-party system, at least for now, since the challengers don't seem willing or capable of growing viable candidate from the bottom to the top (i.e. town council --> state legislature ---> congress), but instead seem to focus on the big boy seats where they have little or no chance of success because NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA WHO THEY ARE.

Until recently, it seemd like the Republicans did less damage than the Democrats, but the margin has shrunk. Neither party can get enough government involvement . . . as long as it suits their agenda. Some individual Republicans do seem to say some of the right words, but their machine seems intent on delivering "Democrat Lite" candidates and policies, so genuine small gov't conservatives and libertarians don't have much chance of affecting the big picture.
    :+1:x100

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!:ingo::patriot::banana:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Conservative, that "usually" votes Republican, but I always do my homework and vote for who I think is the best candidate, regardless of party affiliation.

But then, that's just me :rolleyes:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have no party. I'm married with kids.

OH! You mean politically? Nope, still no party affiliation. I've yet to find one that represents me completely. That's not going to happen though. I voted other. I belong to the Savage Party. My family is my party. That is all.

Top Bottom