• What's your party affiliation?

• Total voters

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I understand what you are saying both parties are horrible but when it comes down to a general election the way I see it you have two choices only.
    This is a common misconception. We must get a third party in at state level, once this is achieved in 2/3 of the states, there is equal chance of getting a third party in at federal level. This is where Jesse Ventura screwed us. The Independence party was gaining steam and support and was well on the way there until he came along and made a joke and a mockery of them with his antics...Sure, a vote for a third party candidate in a presidential election is sort of a wasted vote, you must start at the bottom and work up....

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I agree with you on that we need a third party. For this to work we need a third party canidate that gets his name out so that when we write in they have a shot at at least gaining more votes. I would deffinetly consider this at a primary but when we get to a general election I am more prone to vote for one of the canidates on the ballot. I believe part of the reason we had to deal with Clinton was because of Ross perot running. Now I do not have a problem with voting for a third party for at least it does show that we are unhappy with our choices. It is deffinetly food for thought. You are right we should not vote for a lessor of the two evils we should vote for someone we believe in. I am guilty of voting for lessor of two evils but I do believe that this is not a good thing to do. ( I am refering to voting for the lessor of two evils)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    ^^^NO, you still don't get it. Voting for a third party in a presidential election is EXACTLY throwing your vote away and making it easier for the worst one of the bunch. Your vote doesn't count per se in a presidential election. You must first give a third party a bit of power at the electorate level by getting them into your state congress, then in Federal congress. This is the only way to get the electorate votes needed for a third party to reach the white house. There's no point in even including a third party on the ballot until they are at least REPRESENTED in two thirds of the states.....I still haven't got my tiny little mind wrapped completely around it, but it really amazes me how well I get it compared to most. We do not vote for a president, we vote for a party, we do not really vote for the president during a presidential election, we cast our vote for president at the electorate level, most without even knowing it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's not like our vote for President even matters anyway. Might as well for the best person. It's the Electoral College that votes for the President. Not us.

Top Bottom