• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm new to the site and I've read a lot of postings from individuals about their personal likes and dislikes regarding semi-auto's. Auto's are great, but I've been a 'wheel-gun' fan for years, having owned several, and I'm just curious as to what other people have, why they like it, etc...

Just a few thoughts from myself to get things started: :twocents:

My Favorite Fun to Shoot Revolver: Taurus Judge in .410/.45LC...it doesn't kick as bad as I thought it might and it's a blast to shoot!

My Favorite Hunting Revolver: Ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel...nothing like that big barrel sticking out there directing traffic. Nothing against S&W (they make excellent guns) but I started with Ruger's and I prefer them. I want one with a 5" barrel, so I sold this when I had the chance.

My Favorite Personal Defense Revolver: Ruger SP101 in .357 mag. with Badger Grips and a Meprolight Front NS...it shoots .38's as well and is very accurate. I've had it for 15+ years. (My wife's PD gun is an SP101 in .38 +P)

My Favorite Light-Weight / Carry Revolver: - it's a toss up between Ruger's new LCR and the S&W 642...both in .38 +P. Ruger's is lighter (1.5 oz.) and has a (slightly) nicer trigger pull. I had a Taurus 850 Titanium, but it kept jamming on me (after 3 attempts to fix it...I traded it...you gotta be able to trust your firearm!)

My 'To Buy' Revolver: I really would like (when I get the $$) is a Ruger GP100 with a 5" barrel. I've had one in 4" and one in 6" and I think the 5" is a nice balance between the two, both for comfort in shooting and maintaining accuracy.

Please include some photos to show off your pride-n-joy! :D

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    its probably not my favorite but its definitely the coolest...it was that 63 caliber revolver ..worlds largest i think too...it was 14 grand and as big as your chest cavity

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    3" Ruger GP100 (pictured on right) just may be my favorite gun period- Jack of all trades, master of none (sort of like myself). Second favorite would be the 3" SP101 (not pictured).

badger1.jpg

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    My Favorite Fun to Shoot Revolver: Smith and Wesson 629 4" barrel .44 mag

My Favorite Hunting Revolver: Same - the 629.

My Favorite Personal Defense Revolver: When I carry my revolver it's my J frame airweight with crimson trace grips and FBI load.

My Favorite Light-Weight / Carry Revolver: Same as above.

My 'To Buy' Revolver: BFR 45-70 so I can have a revolver to match my Marlin 45-70.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    My former S/S 44. mag Colt Anaconda W/ a 6" barrel,I miss that gun.It was nice shooting for a 44 magnum, not as violent as some of my former pistols chambered in that round

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    My favorite revolver is between a S&W 629 and a Ruger Redhawk. The S&W was the first revolver I ever shot. I love the sleek design. The Ruger on the other hand is a tank and handle the hottest loads.

I own a S&W 629 and will one day get me another Redhawk. ;)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Awesome thread!! Love revolvers. I don't have quite enough experience with enough of a variety to really choose a favorite, but I like the sp101 and I love snubbies. I have a Taurus m85 that I really enjoy, but I know it is not a high end revolver. I still enjoy it though.

Top Bottom