• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Shooting or owning any revolver with S&W, Colt, or Ruger stamped on it is always awesome!(I reserve the right to say awesome because I rarely say it.) But my favorite gun is a revolver, my beloved Ruger Bisley(surprise!) Vaquero,5.5" barrel in .357 Mag. with Ajax polymer ivory stocks. I sanded the bottom half of these stocks to fit my hand.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Well, the only one apart from J-frames I've ever shot is my dad's S&W 686 .357, so I guess I'll have to go with that one.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    1968 Manufactured S&W Airweight model 37

The gun was bought in DC and registered there in my Grandpa's liquor store until he retired 3 years ago. It has great sentimental value, and I still carry it. I know that it has been used to stop more than one robbery/attempted robbery.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    ANDYRPING: I really like the GP100 3", with the Badger Grip, in your photo...I've been wanting a 3" SP101, but have been debating getting a GP instead. My only hesitation is that I am already set up with holsters, etc. for the SP! Have you been able to find a NS for the GP 3"? Thank you.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Favorite Revolver

I have 4 Ruger S/A revolvers, a S & W Mod. 19 Combat Masterpiece,
    and a Taurus Mod. 85, and I love to shoot them all..... I guess the S&W is my fav.....

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    ANDYRPING: I really like the GP100 3", with the Badger Grip, in your photo...I've been wanting a 3" SP101, but have been debating getting a GP instead. My only hesitation is that I am already set up with holsters, etc. for the SP! Have you been able to find a NS for the GP 3"? Thank you.

Right here:

Ruger GP100 .357 Mag 3" Satin Stainless, Fixed Sights (KGPF-331) for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $500.00

I know this is a bit more of a "rarer" configuration and Bud's has had these for a little bit, so if you have the means I'd hop on it quickly... They come with the big old ugly Hogue grip, not what is pictured. The GP100 boot grips aren't shown on Badger's website for some reason and you need to ask for them, but the do stock them and are GREAT to work with.

As far as N/S, I haven't looked into those because I have a paranoia they are radioactive and will mutate my reproductive organs... :) But in all actuality, I bet the SP101 would probably be the same one.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    My Favorite Fun to Shoot Revolver: Taurus M990, 9-shot .22lr with 6.5" barrel - I can shoot it all day, have a blast and only spend 15.00 on ammo.

My Favorite Hunting Revolver: Don't Hunt with Revolvers... except for the varmint here and there... then it's back to the Taurus M990 for that. (i.e. raccoons, opossum, etc)

My Favorite Personal Defense Revolver: my current BUG is a Smith & Wesson 642, 5-shot .38 special

My Favorite Light-Weight / Carry Revolver: S&W 642

My 'To Buy' Revolver: Two are currently on my wish list. Fist is a Taurus .45/.410 public defender (would be new varmint revolver) and the second is the Smith and Wesson 686+ .357 with 4" barrel (home defense revolver)

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Favorite revolver? Has to be an 1860 Army .44 for flat out fun...smoke, smell...all the good black powder traits, followed next by a classic Colt SAA in 45 Colt, or .44-40! For a carry revolver...I have always loved the S&W Mod. 65 .357. Favorite hunting revolver...a Freedom Arms .454 Premier Grade...followed closely by ANY of the Ruger Blackhawk big bore revolvers. For me...for the $$...you can't beat a good quality Ruger SA six-gun for feel, fit, and function!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    They are all S&W. Favorite to shoot is probably my 66 w/ 3" barrel. My model 60-10 in .357 mag. w/ 3" barrel and Crimson Trace grips runs a close second. For hunting, my 629 Classic with 5" barrel and Ultra Dot scope is the bomb. For daily carry and light duty, my 642 with Crimson Trace grips does it for me.

Top Bottom