• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    In the movie The Getaway (the original with Steve McQueen) the curly haired guy who takes the veternarian and his wife hostage carries a Python the whole movie except at the hotel the Python turns into a N frame smith and then back into a Python.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Personally, I loved "The Adventures of Superman", with scenes of the bad guys shooting their pistols dry at the stoic man of steel, then Superman having to duck out of the way when the bad guys threw their pistols at him.

You don't know about that?!? The guns were made of Kryptonite.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Well we all know not to believe anything you hear from a lawyer...:):

+1

I wonder if the script for A Few Good Men was written while the 1911 was still the main military handgun, but the movie was made after the switch to the M9? Someone forgot to update the script to match the props.

Yeah, it's a geeky question. Sorry.

Kmann

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Denver,IN
    in the movie "confidence" Ed Burns is about to be shot in the head by the bad guy. BG racks the slide....slide stays open for lack of ammo...and still puts it to his head like nothing just happened.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    How about "Hot Shots Part Deux". During the main gun fight Topper(Charlie Sheen) runs out of ammo when about 10 guys charge at him. He sees an ammo box, grabs a handfull of bullets, throws them at the bgs and they all are shot dead. HAHA. Brings a new meaning to "handgun".

He also shoots a chicken out of a bow. But other than that, the movie was pretty realistic.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How many times have we seen revolvers in westerns fire 10-15-20 shots without reloading? The accuracy of these wheel guns was also legendary as they made it easy to ride a horse at full gallop down main street picking off snipers hiding behind the facade of the local saloon.
    And don't you just love Civil War movies that have Colt SAA's in them! This ones not really a blooper but not historicly correct. In Sgt York, Gary Cooper kills several Germans comming at him with a Lugar. In reality York used his 1911. At the time the movie was made, 1939 I think, they couldn't get the Colt to fire blanks, but could get the Lugar to work so that's what they used.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Syfy network is running the series The Sentinel all day today. The last episode was about the main character visiting his friend, a light-keeper, on a small island run by the Coast Guard. The island is attacked by drug runners looking for their stolen boat and stolen drugs after the BG's girlfriend runs off in the boat with a stolen copy of his log of drop points, contacts, etc.

The girl is a hidden "baddy", waiting for her boyfriend to show up with the BG so they can kill the BG together on the out-of-the-way island and then sail off into the sunset together with the BG's drug profits.

Still with me? Yeah, I know... but there's not much else on tv today.

Anyway, near the end, the bad girl picks up a tec-9 that the main character had set down on a log and points it at him. He taunts her. She pulls the trigger.

{{CLICK}}

"That's okay, I put a blank clip in it when she wasn't looking."

My son, snowed in home from school, looked at me and asked, "Dad, what's a blank clip?"

I am proud of him. :)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had to drag this one back up after something I saw on TV last night. My girlfriend was watching that show "1,000 Ways to Die" and they did the story of a guy who was killed after someone shot a bullet into the air on New Year's Eve. They brought on a "firearms expert" :rolleyes: who stated that a 9mm bullet leaves the muzzle at over 2,000 ft/sec!!! I want to know what kind of 9mm ammo this "expert" has been using.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I didn't read all the posts so this may have been already posted but I find it funny when they are shooting a semi auto handgun. The gun is empty. Bolt locked back and they keep pulling the trigger and the sound effects dubs in a clicking noise. I have never had a semi auto that continued to click like a revolver. LOL
    Also when they have a double barrelled shotgun and then dub in the sound of a pump shotgun.
    I will also agree with the others on how many rounds can be fired from a revolver.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had to drag this one back up after something I saw on TV last night. My girlfriend was watching that show "1,000 Ways to Die" and they did the story of a guy who was killed after someone shot a bullet into the air on New Year's Eve. They brought on a "firearms expert" :rolleyes: who stated that a 9mm bullet leaves the muzzle at over 2,000 ft/sec!!! I want to know what kind of 9mm ammo this "expert" has been using.

There was a Mythbusters on this. They fired .30-06 straight up and measured the penetration into the dry lake bed they were on. It was only 1-2" IIRC. Terminal velocity of a falling object, something wil only go so fast coming back down.

Now if fired at a 45deg arc, it might have had enough power left to kill.:dunno:

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I've read quite a few cases of bullets shot up into the air coming down on people and only causing minor injuries.

A bullet shot at just about any angle other than straight up can and will kill.

daclamdvm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Cap and ball cartridge conversions

Yup. While I can't attest to the accuracy of that movie, there were cartridge conversions of cap and ball revolvers. I'll bet you Clint knew what he was doing on that one. :twocents:

I look for things like Outlaw Josey Wales, he has cap and ball revolvers, but spare shells in his belt... I do not think that is accurate, I may be wrong, but did Colt have cartridge revolvers before 1873 Peacemaker......

daclamdvm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Anyone ever try to hit anything holding the gun sideways, "gangsta" style? I don't get the point of that.

Any time someone gets shot and flys back a few feet. I've never been in combat so I can't attest to what people do, but deer and squirrels seem to absorb the kinetic energy of a bullet pretty well without catapulting into the stratosphere.

Books are worse than movies. Safeties on revolvers, and some very creative types of guns. These authors research all sorts of other stuff but can't open a Gun Digest to see whether a type of gun exists or not.

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    Ah, you beat me to it. I was going to mention one of the many scenes (Deathwish series has lots of examples) where the person shot gets "knocked back" by the bullet. Simple physics: if the bullet had enough energy to actually knock someone down, it would also knock the shooter down (for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction).

Not necessarily a blooper, but does anyone besides me notice whether or not actors observe the "keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot" rule? I actually talk to the TV sometimes: "get yer booger hook off the bang switch!" If you don't, start looking for that. I was surprised how many actually do it right.

Last thing: I don't know about the accuracy of the guns in Outlaw Josey Wales, but I still think it has one of the best one-liners ever uttered in Hollywood: "buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

Top Bottom