• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I love the movies where the guy with the shotgun pumps it for sound effect to scare people. I forget what movie it was but he did it like 3 times in a couple minutes...I was thinkin "dude...you need to reload that thing and you haven't even fired it!"

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Mark Wahlberg manually chambering a round on an M82A1 in Shooter

Kills me everytime. Also he goes back and forth from shooting right handed and left handed. Not sure if that was on purpose or not though.

Well, since you brought up that movie, how about when he kills two guys in rapid succession from 400 yds. with a silenced .22 while standing in a boat. :n00b:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I rented a bunch of movies this last weekend so cannot remember which one this was in and noticed in one that one of the guys racked his 1911 and in the next film shot, the hammer was down.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I look for things like Outlaw Josey Wales, he has cap and ball revolvers, but spare shells in his belt... I do not think that is accurate, I may be wrong, but did Colt have cartridge revolvers before 1873 Peacemaker......

You could get your cap and ball gun converted to a cartridge gun.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Die Hard 2. After the first gun fight in the airport, back room, Bruce Willis tells the cops that the bad guys are pros. They were using a glock 9, able to be undetectable thru metal detectors.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I have two favorites, one classic one relatively modern.

James Bond, Dr. No. "Walther PPK 7.62 millimeter with with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window." Yeah...love the stopping power on the .32 cal.....

The second is Grosse Pointe Blank when John Cusack is sitting on his hotel bed and someone knocks on the door and he lifts up his Glock and you can hear him cock it. That's one heck of an assasin that figures out how to cock an internal striker.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    how bout in full metal jacket, theres a scene towards the end right after joker meets up with cowboy, on of the background soldiers is carry what looks to an old level action rifle instead of a m16, m14 or m60

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    how bout in full metal jacket, theres a scene towards the end right after joker meets up with cowboy, on of the background soldiers is carry what looks to an old level action rifle instead of a m16, m14 or m60

That's unusual but not unheard of. SF/SOG soldier Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver carried a .444 Marlin in Vietnam.

http://www.ultimatesniper.com/Docs/30.PDF

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I wish I could remember the movie's title, but there is a Chuck Norris movie where he is chasing a BG through a building. He has an M203 (single shot grenade launcher mounted on an M16). The BG runs through a door and closes it behind him. Good old Chuck fires the M203 at least twice in rapid succession, working it like a pump-action shotgun and blowing the door to splinters.

Not only can he magically make single-shot weapons multi-shot, he can withstand the blast from two grenade rounds at close range. I realize it's a well-worn meme, but is there anything Chuck Norris can't do?

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    :chuck:Chuck Norris can shoot a plane out of the sky with his finger and saying "BANG" so anything Chuck Norris does in the movies doesnt apply here(check behind you):chuck:The non-existant most powerful russian pistol arnold governater used in red heat was a desert eagle

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I had to wonder at the new Star Trek movie... in one "firefight", the phasers were generating recoil..... hmmmmm

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Anybody notice in Daredevil that after Elektra's father was killed she picked up a Glock and fired till it was empty. The slide never locked back after it stopped firing and she kept pulling the trigger and you could hear it dry firing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    1.The never ending magazine of movie full auto guns.

2.The thin cover that stops bullets fired at the main characters.

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Opening scene of Dirty Harry. Harry has the drop on the robber, hammer back on his famous "most powerful handgun in the world". Do ya feel lucky? The robber gives up, after the robber is in cuffs Harry lowers the hammer and holsters the gun. The robber says, "I gotta know, man." So Harry takes out the gun and pulls the trigger, "click"

It's not the same chamber....

I've never noticed it, but I heard that in one of the early scenes of Saving Private Ryan there's a M1 Garand floating in the ocean.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i just saw eli. he racked that pump shot gun so many damn times in sucssion but a shell never came out. but it fired when he wanted it to.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The second is Grosse Pointe Blank when John Cusack is sitting on his hotel bed and someone knocks on the door and he lifts up his Glock and you can hear him cock it. That's one heck of an assasin that figures out how to cock an internal striker.

I see that all the time in movies where someone is trying to emphasize a threat and you hear the sound of a hammer being drawn back on a striker fired handgun. The infamous "cocking of a hammer that doesn't exist"

Top Bottom