Whats your favorite food you eat as a kid and still eat today ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I knew all 4 of my great grandmas and all were good cooks. 2 were great bakers also. None of them measured anything. Mom says when she would ask how much of something, the answer was always a pinch, a smidgen, until it's thick/thin, so it looks right, etc....

They also used Lard as a base oil. Real sugar. Made their own Ice Cream.
    Damn it my mouth is watering.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Kielbasa ( real polish sausage handmade). And pierogi love them today as much as a kid. Makes me think of my late Busia. She lived to be eighty seven eating what ever she wanted and drinking a warm beer every day!

Reactions: oze

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    My mom always made a simple meal of macaroni, hamburger & onions and tomato juice with salt and pepper. Some call it American goulash or macaroni soup. Really simple and always taste great. Especially with some bread and butter !!

:drool::drool: Damit. I am hungry now!

My mom made something like that, only we called it Marzetti. And you're right, great with bread and butter.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Only in my dreams.
    5 cent Castles...15 cent McDonalds.

Yeah....I am an :fogey: Fart.......:)

yeah, I remember those too but they weren't my fav food... :)
    heck McD used to advertise you could get a meal and change back from your dollar

My favorite food I still eat today would be crispy pan fried potatoes and onions. My mom still makes those a way I can't seem to duplicate.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    My Mother's homemade egg noodles and cooked in beef broth. YUM-EEE! Could eat me a mess of them.

Then she would once in a great while make me, and my brother till he left home, Creamed Chipped Beef Gravy on toast! LOL! He and I would go through almost a whole loaf of bread!

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    Liver Ring Sausage. My dad used to make it when we butchered. I now buy it at Dewigs in Haubstadt. It doesn't get any better than that with a couple fried eggs.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Kielbasa ( real polish sausage handmade). And pierogi love them today as much as a kid. Makes me think of my late Busia. She lived to be eighty seven eating what ever she wanted and drinking a warm beer every day!

Hey you have to go to the pierogi fest... They have everything there... Finally went this year!!!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Macaroni and cheese.

Loved it as a kid, love it as a dude in his mid-to-upper 20's.

Granted, I'm too lazy to take time to make it like my Mom and Grandma made it. They went all out with the noodles, milk, butter and Velveeta cheese. I'm lazy and just make the stuff from the box, lately the gluten free Annie's stuff which is pretty good:

tumblr_ln7fyhQphH1qdfzsh.jpg

But I'll also make the blue-box crap too. I only buy the stuff above to trick myself into thinking I'm eating healthier.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade egg noodles. Whole chicken in a big pot cooked until it fell off the bone. Bone and skin removed then add celery, onion, a little pickling spice, fresh ground pepper, a couple of bay leaves, and let simmer until celery and onions are soft. Cook noodles in a separate pot of canned chicken broth and then serve noodles separate from soup...heaven in a bowl!

Top Bottom