Whats your favorite food you eat as a kid and still eat today ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    When I was a kid my mom use to fix me Tomato soup with hotdogs cut up in it and to this day I still eat it and as I type this I have some heating up on the stove... Still love it and it brings back great memories of my mom and just being a kid, plus it yummy.. What your favorite food as a kid that you still eat today ??? My grandma use to fix me animal pancakes, she would make animals out of the pancakes and I make them for my grandson now, it was so cool when I was a kid... I will never forget that, they never really looked like real animals but when I was a kid in my mind they sure did, allagators, dogs, bears, snakes... Sure miss my mom and dad and my grams...

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My favorite food as a kid was my great grandmothers apple cinnamon cake. The only recipe she left behind was just the ingredients without any amounts. My mom has it pretty close, so that's as good as it gets for me every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In the tomato soup vein... When I was a kid my mom used to make something she called "balls of gold". (Yeah, yeah, I know... :rolleyes:) You make a can of tomato soup and heat it up, and then you make dumplings (maybe about 1" diam) out of Bisquick and milk. Stuff a cheese cube into each dumpling and drop the dumplings into the hot soup. Simmer until the dumplings are fluffy.

I still make this sometimes. I've also always wanted to try it with cream of chicken soup, but I never have.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My favorite food as a kid was my great grandmothers apple cinnamon cake. The only recipe she left behind was just the ingredients without any amounts. My mom has it pretty close, so that's as good as it gets for me every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Your Gramma most likely did not measure much of anything. Mine and the wifes G-Moms were wonderful cooks. I never saw her do much in the way of measuring.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Haven't done it in years but when I was a kid and we went to McDonalds I would pull the top bun off of me cheeseburger, put about half a small order of fries in there, put the bun back and chase every bite with a swig of chocolate shake. I tried it several years ago and it took me right back to being 8 years old.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My mom always made a simple meal of macaroni, hamburger & onions and tomato juice with salt and pepper. Some call it American goulash or macaroni soup. Really simple and always taste great. Especially with some bread and butter !!

:drool::drool: Damit. I am hungry now!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My mom always made a simple meal of macaroni, hamburger & onions and tomato juice with salt and pepper. Some call it American goulash or macaroni soup. Really simple and always taste great. Especially with some bread and butter !!

:drool::drool: Damit. I am hungry now!

Goulash!!! We still have that too, and that's exactly what we put in it.

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    My favorite foods are chocolate and Peanut Butter, together or separately. If it were a prepared meal then I'd just as soon have cheese lasagne.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Your Gramma most likely did not measure much of anything. Mine and the wifes G-Moms were wonderful cooks. I never saw her do much in the way of measuring.

I knew all 4 of my great grandmas and all were good cooks. 2 were great bakers also. None of them measured anything. Mom says when she would ask how much of something, the answer was always a pinch, a smidgen, until it's thick/thin, so it looks right, etc....

Top Bottom