• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Let's say you're hitting the woodline for the afternoon. Nothing special, just ambling about. What firearm do you normally pack along? Pistol, shotgun, camp carbine?

Myself? I usually open carry a Ruger Single Six .22...sometimes with the LR cylinder, sometimes with the mag. cylinder. I also carry several dozen loose rounds in a belt pouch and a pocket knife. I hardly notice it on my hip and it's there if I need it.

Let's hear about your hiking rig.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i have a marlin 39 carbine,1964.carried it as a kid,carry it now.one of the guns that mean the most to me.the only gun i dont want a scope on.unless i find another 3/4 in. tube redfield scope.i am just now starting to need binoculars,so i got quite a few pair.going to try the steiners next.i love to go fishing down at the pond w/ my 39 leaned up against a tree.what could be better?i'll answer that,nothing

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    My favorite was always a S&W model 10 with some mild loads for rabbits and such. Carried a few hotter loads just in case. I bought it used with a custom scabbard type holster that just seemed to fit perfect.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Used to be my SP101, which I miss dearly. I'm pretty much certain to have another one soon.

For now, it'll have to be my Star PD. I'm going to have to find a holster for our Ruger Bearcat, though. It's a real sweetheart of a little gun. Doesn't weigh anything, accurate, and fun.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My lcp is in my pocket at all times ..
    Also carry a S&W 442 when walking around in the woods ...

If in the woods on the ATV i have the JUDGE with me also ..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The same Glock 19 I carry everywhere else.
    Ditto, the same Kimber 1911 that does everything else for me. Also, the same double mag holder that backs it up and balances it. It'll handle snakes of all kind and everything else in between.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Let's say you're hitting the woodline for the afternoon. Nothing special, just ambling about. What firearm do you normally pack along? Pistol, shotgun, camp carbine?

Myself? I usually open carry a Ruger Single Six .22...sometimes with the LR cylinder, sometimes with the mag. cylinder. I also carry several dozen loose rounds in a belt pouch and a pocket knife. I hardly notice it on my hip and it's there if I need it.

Let's hear about your hiking rig.

Use to be my single six but now it's a cap and ball 44.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Used to be my SP101, which I miss dearly. I'm pretty much certain to have another one soon.

For now, it'll have to be my Star PD. I'm going to have to find a holster for our Ruger Bearcat, though. It's a real sweetheart of a little gun. Doesn't weigh anything, accurate, and fun.

The Ruger on-line store has got you covered...

Ruger On-line Store - Single Six or Bearcat Holster

I went here to get holsters for my MkI, .45 Blackhawk and Single Six. Good holsters.

357Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Most of the time its my .357 Blackhawk and every now and then 1892 Puma carbine, also .357, I kinda like .357

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Glock 29 or 33, maybe my P7. Might throw my NAA Mini .22 in my pocket, trusty Kershaw clipped in my other pocket and my CZ452 rifle. I have a 10x monocular I hang around my neck and my trusty Canon 30D with a 17-85mm lens in a small camera bag.

Top Bottom