• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I look at it like this .....If someone wants to display the REBEL flag it is that persons choice ....Its called " THE BILL OF RIGHTS" it has Alot more than just The 2nd Ammendment .....

and as an american If you don't like what you see turn your head change the channel voice your opinion to someone you think gives a flyin F@@K .....

If you think a rebel flag means someone is a racist you need to hang with nanci and the liberal crew who think everyone who owns a gun is a murderer .....:twocents:
    :+1:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Freedom, period.
    I could care less what someone thinks of another person, family, or racial group.

Same on them? No. We are free to think what we want.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'm still trying to figure out what the "rebel" flag is? If you are talking about the "Confederate" flag, and just don't know what it is, then your opinion and arguments regarding it really mean NOTHING. It's sort of like me knowing nothing about "nucular" power plants voicing my opinion of them and telling people how they work. And yes, I know it's "nuclear", that is my whole point.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    The South was fighting for state's rights. The federal government was coopting power the Constitution did not give it, in fact it was assuming powers specifically prohibited. You may see much discussion about exactly that today, because by waging a war for which it had no Constitutional basis, the federal government threw the document away, and ever since has increasingly treated as an obstacle, not the law of the land.

:yesway: Yes this sums it up well..

Abe Lincoln and his trampling of the Constitution makes him the true traitor.

Who honest Abe? Surely not…The one thing that gets me though is I do believe Lincoln was a man of faith.....It doesnt add up.

Ironically, I think that had the war not been fought, had Abe Lincoln followed the Constitution and allowed the Confederate states to seceed, the Union would be stronger now, and it would certainly be more free. We would not be looking at the distinct possibility of fighting a second civil war, we would not be seeing states trying to reassert rights they hold under the Constitution but will never regain in fact without resort to force. The South had no industrial or economic basis at the time, no way to stand on their own. They would have HAD to rejoin the Union, and we would today be living in a free land governed by Constitutional law.

There is much merit in what you say..:yesway:

051908confederateflag.jpg

I actuall own this shirt, its my dress T-Shirt.

In all reality, the Confederate flag represents what 99% or more of us on this forum believe in.

You nailed this one BIG TIME!!

I have one hanging on the wall behind me

So do I:yesway:

I`ve said on other forums my southern roots resent my Yankee birth.

That is awesome....never heard it put that way.

They basically took the US Constitution and "fixed it". This site does a side by side comparison of the two documents and lists the differences (usually additional restrictions on the power of the federal government by the Constituion) Constitution of the Confederate States of America- what was changed?

REP, Folks read this link and cheek it out.

This will even make MORE sense.
    In all reality, the Confederate flag represents what 99% or more of us on this forum believe in.

Tariffs (which dramatically hampered the agricultural South while aiding the manufacturing North) and the moving of power from the States to the Centralized Federal government was the dream of Hamilton.

Exactly! Well done!

Now lets talk about how fair the Reconstruction was to southern men.

We can not, its not politically correct. Whether its fact or not is irrelavant.

**Great Link**

Mississippi

Flag of Mississippi.

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Confederate Battle Flag became a part of the
    Flag of Mississippi in 1894. In 1906, the flag statutes were omitted by error from the new legal code of the state, leaving Mississippi without an official flag. The omission was not discovered until 1993, when a lawsuit filed by the NAACP regarding the flag was being reviewed by the Mississippi Supreme Court. In 2000, GovernorRonnie Musgrove issued an executive order making the flag official. After continued controversy, the decision was turned over to citizens of the state, who, on April 17, 2001, voted 2:1 to keep the Confederate Battle Flag emblem on the state flag.

I grew up in Missisippi.....they are the last state left that could give a crap about political correctness... :+1: for Mississippi

Last edited:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    From what I have learned in the recent year or so it seems to me that the war was over taxation and the control of the "wild west". On another note being that Abe was a man of faith I do belive he actually made a promise to God that involved the salves and the end of the war :dunno:

It would of took awhile but slavery would of became extinct on its own over with the invention of the cotton gin.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    GET OVER IT ! ! ! ! !

Who cares what the "war" was about. And the O.P has about the same brain activity as a guy in Army Dress wlking into a bar and screaming, "Semper Fi SUCKS" ! ! ! !

Here is the best Top Ten I've seen in a long time::

Top Ten Reasons We Need The Elite
    Alabama Red-neck Special Forces

The latest ploy to drive the Taliban
    and Al Queda out of the mountains of
    BummFockoStan is to send in a volunteer
    team of Elite (pronounced: EE-light)
    Alabama Special Forces: Billy Bob,
    Bubba, Boo, Red, Scooter, and Cooter
    are being sent in with the following
    intell about the Taliban:

1. There is no bag limit.
    2. The season opened last weekend.
    3. They taste just like chicken.
    4. They don't like beer,
    5. They don't like pickup trucks,
    6. They don't likecountry music,
    7. They don't like Jesus,
    8. They don't like pork-barbecue.
    9. They hate women, and act gay.
    10. They were responsible for
    Elvis's, Jesus's, and Dale
    Earnhardt's death.
    The war should be over in about a week.
    [Courtesy of Alabama Redneck's site, used w/o permission]

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Your I.Q. is showing

From what I have learned in the recent year

it would of took awhile but slavery would of became extinct on its own over with the invention of the cotton gin.

Oh, "it would of took [and] would of became..." huh ? And are you saying that Eli Whitney could have ended the war, if his mind worked more quickly? Pat

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For those of you who keep saying that President Lincoln was "a man of faith"... I'd like to add that George W. Bush was too.

President GWB was still a progressive who traded away our freedoms and grew the Federal State. Teddy Roosevelt was also a man of faith. He ran as our first Progressive candidate for President.

We have to look at not only their faith, but also their politics. Ask one simple question: who's politics do they most resemble in their actions: Hamilton - or - Thomas Jefferson.

Our problems come from not following Jefferson - who was a man of "private" faith, and did not wear his faith on his sleeve. But, he had more impact on your freedom to practice the religion of your choice than any other person in this country. He was instrumental in removing the Anglican church as the favored religion of Virginia. Unfortunately, his letter to a Baptist church has been misused to limit your ability to worship at all (see Separation of church and state)

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    For those of you who keep saying that President Lincoln was "a man of faith"... I'd like to add that George W. Bush was too.

President GWB was still a progressive who traded away our freedoms and grew the Federal State. Teddy Roosevelt was also a man of faith. He ran as our first Progressive candidate for President.

We have to look at not only their faith, but also their politics. Ask one simple question: who's politics do they most resemble in their actions: Hamilton - or - Thomas Jefferson.

Our problems come from not following Jefferson - who was a man of "private" faith, and did not wear his faith on his sleeve. But, he had more impact on your freedom to practice the religion of your choice than any other person in this country. He was instrumental in removing the Anglican church as the favored religion of Virginia. Unfortunately, his letter to a Baptist church has been misused to limit your ability to worship at all (see Separation of church and state)
    Just to set the record straight, Abe was not a man of faith regardless of what you've been told. He may have used faith to his political advantage, but a man of faith he was not.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Just to set the record straight, Abe was not a man of faith regardless of what you've been told. He may have used faith to his political advantage, but a man of faith he was not.

My understanding was he knew his Bible and read it often..I could be wrong but that is what I have been taught...

Do you know any different?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My understanding was he knew his Bible and read it often..I could be wrong but that is what I have been taught...

Do you know any different?

I read the Qur'an Quite often and know it fairly well... Nope I still like bacon. Does not make me a Muslim. Gives me a better understanding on how to destroy mine enemy... ;)

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I read the Qur'an Quite often and know it fairly well... Nope I still like bacon. Does not make me a Muslim. Gives me a better understanding on how to destroy mine enemy... ;)

I see your point, I own one as well but use for reference mostly..

Still, my understanding was Lincoln was a very religious man, I wonder if that was true...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think in your post you betrayed your ignorance on so many levels it is laughable. You went off on points not related to my post as way to hide the fact that in modern american culture this flag stands for 2 things...the south leaving the union and refusal to give up there slave holdings to support their way of life. Sure anyone can adopt a flag (symbol) and have their own personal meaning but if you were to ask most people they would link the RF with slavery...and corectly so.

That would be erroneous. See... Symbols can mean many different things; perhaps even different things to each person who uses them.

The South did leave the Union, and IIRC, that government was never dissolved. They did so because the Constitution to which they agreed was no longer being followed. To think that entrance into the Union was irrevocable is fallacious, and to misidentify the whole thing as related to "slavery" is oversimplistic; in short, it's what the government schools teach children who have no information to which they can compare the incomplete information they're being spoon-fed.

For example, the high school I attended was named for General Lee. They had that flag as their symbol for 16 years. Shortly after I graduated, they stopped using it because six of 2,000+ students decided it was "racist". I should note that it is not the "rebel flag", but is correctly called the Confederate Battle Flag. I still have one. I keep it for a variety of reasons, some of which have changed over the years, but one thing that remains unchanged is my understanding that that flag, for me, symbolizes people who knew right from wrong, and what they knew then was wrong was the expansion of power from Washington that was never ever supposed to be in federal hands.

Today, we view slavery as wrong, as being a wretched, God-forsaken institution devoid of any redeeming value. We recognize the humanity and the equality of ALL men.
    All right. No question there. Suppose, however, 100 years from now, someone comes to the decision that plants and animals are sentient and have the same rights as the rest of us. This is not so farfetched, considering that Obama's "regulatory czar", Cass Sunstein, has embraced exactly those beliefs. So since those things now are on a par with humans, WE are as wrong in the eyes of those who follow us as the slave-owners were in our eyes today, considering we "enslave" animals and "abuse" trees today. The point? Our morals today do not tell us that what we do is wrong or we would not do it. Their morals then were similar. No one is going to do evil things for the sake of being evil. They simply did not understand, and no one could convince them, any more than anyone could convince you or me about the trees or the animals, that what they were doing was wrong.

To apply your or my morals to a different age is disingenuous.

Before you accuse people today of linking that so-called "rebel flag" correctly (in your opinion) with slavery, you need to consider that far too many people are misinformed. The way to combat that is with education, not blanket statements and accusations.

Thanks.

Blessings,
    Bill

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Okay, if in the future, we can't eat plants, and can't eat animals,..........pretty bleak future for those that wanna be sissies and put every little thing before human beings. I pray for those short lived people. We are on the top of the food chain because we eat the things below us. If we put those things above us, we are no longer on the top and will be eaten.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Hey "Bill", you aren't "Right."

You state (without citation), "The South did leave the Union, and IIRC, that (WHICH??) government was never dissolved. They did so because the Constitution to which they agreed was no longer being followed. To think that entrance (they didn't 'enter'; they were dragged, kicking and screaming -- just like the Indians were ) into the Union was irrevocable is fallacious, and to misidentify the whole thing as related to "slavery" is oversimplistic; in short, it's what the government schools teach children [now] who have no information to which they can compare the incomplete information they're being spoon-fed."

You are stating exactly what the "Take Los Amerika Back from the gringos" that La Raza is teaching their children -- that Mexico won the Alamo, and Santa Anna is still El Presidente of that whole southwest! And they intend to take it by an ginormous influx of illegals that will soon be censused and approved to vote. Keep your powder dry!! Pat.

Top Bottom