• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Comparing the Stars and Bars to the Nazi flag betrays some of the bigotry you claim to be so distressed over, as well as an utter ignorance of history. The War of Northern Agression was only loosely linked to slavery, despite the attempts of those who support the illegal and un-Constitutional actions of the oppressors to try to put some sort of noble face on their war of conquest.

I always enjoy pointing out to those who like to try to re-write history and disparage Southerners as slavers that the last slave states were Northern states, and they had slaves until after the War. The Emancipation Proclamation did not free the slaves in the North.

I think in your post you betrayed your ignorance on so many levels it is laughable. You went off on points not related to my post as way to hide the fact that in modern american culture this flag stands for 2 things...the south leaving the union and refusal to give up there slave holdings to support their way of life. Sure anyone can adopt a flag (symbol) and have their own personal meaning but if you were to ask most people they would link the RF with slavery...and corectly so.

Last edited:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    My family has been here for only four generations.
    The rebel flag does not bother me nor inspire me. I have only one flag that I live under and I am becoming saddened on how it's being trampled on by our politicians and world "leaders".:twocents:

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    mainly ignorance of the past and mixed in with a bit of trying to be cool. I get so sick of seeing HS kids displaying the flag and at the same time failing history class.

Just like the "Peace Sign" How disrespecting that is to out Vietnam Veterans!!! I guess either the meaning changes to the modern generation or they just dont have any respect anymore.

Personal opinion, BOTH! Then again maybe i am sensitive and old fashion. There are some good things about the ways things used to be. Dont get me wrong i love the Era i live in, but: Honor, Integrity, Character (when nobody is looking), where did they all go?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I think in your post you betrayed your ignorance on so many levels it is laughable.

That really hurts. There might be tears. Sniff. Sniff. Are you really so dense that you can't see the difference between the lies you are spreading, and actual history shows you to be doing so, and the hatred in your speech and that of some Klukker talking about African-Americans? The only difference between you and them is that you hate different people.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just to swing this discussion away from the potential fight (I know you'll still go there, but I thought I'd try):

States rights is currently making a comeback - the Tea Party and 9.12 folks see the only way to stop the out of control Progressive-Federalists is to reassert Jeffersonian States Rights - and place the power of the people - via their state legislators.

The Patrick Henry Caucus is a recent organization that is heading up efforts to get like minded state legislators elected.

The new Montana and Texas state-only firearms and ammo laws are an attempt to push the states rights issue against the 2nd amendment.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    That really hurts. There might be tears. Sniff. Sniff. Are you really so dense that you can't see the difference between the lies you are spreading, and actual history shows you to be doing so, and the hatred in your speech and that of some Klukker talking about African-Americans? The only difference between you and them is that you hate different people.

:+1:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    You know historians dont even agree with how the war started and what it was fought over.

Although I did beat a kid up back in bible camp as a young tike for saying the south will rise again (ya I got in some trouble for that one but it was worth it, LOL).

This cannon fired on the United States in Pensacola, FL. Wonder what the motive was for the guy who pulled the cord? Slavery, money, greed, economic issues, or honor, we dont know and most likely never will. All I know is that I had family who fought for the United States of America and that from letters they wrote home describing things, im proud of what they did.
    15747_206522051600_581381600_3532193_5464482_n.jpg

FYI, you can read the actual letters soldier wrote home at the IUPUI library, just ask.

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009

Let me hand you a Tissue...blow...feel better? :)
    You have me hating people now and I don't think you can back that up buddy.
    Me thinks the gentleman doth protest too much!

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.

Lets remember, you being the OP, brought this upon yourself, if you didn't want other peoples opinions then you should have kept yours to yourself.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    In many ways this flag is not that different than a german swaztika

Is that some sort of of greek dish..?..:dunno::D....just giving you a hard time. The rebel flag is a sign of southern pride. It's not always associated with racism, but not unreasonable to draw that conclusion. The Civil War was about far more then freeing the slaves.....That being said, comparing it to a swastika isn't so unreasonable. The Nazi's stole the swastika for their official symbol. It existed long before Hitler.....I believe it came from early India. It is still even used in Buddhism. Some would argue that the confederacy primarily stood for states rights...(I know, I know...the right to have slaves)...Either way, symbols can offend some people for one reason or another. I think alot of "good ole' boys" like the confederate flag simply because of the term "rebel" associated with it. :twocents:

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
    I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
    I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line
    I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
    As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President
    so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
    but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA
    they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?
    Why can't we be friends?

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i dont understand those that have never left the state of indiana, or probably the county they were born in in indiana flying them. at that point, its not your heritage. youre either supporting the flags current racist connotations, or rebellion, or both. it cheapens it to me to see so many of them up here.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

So now you are hating "people"(not sure who are you talking about) because of comments made by someone posting on the internet?

You might want to rethink your priorities.:n00b:

Lets remember, you being the OP, brought this upon yourself, if you didn't want other peoples opinions then you should have kept yours to yourself.

Exactly.

Is that some sort of of greek dish..?..:dunno::D....just giving you a hard time. The rebel flag is a sign of southern pride. It's not always associated with racism, but not unreasonable to draw that conclusion. The Civil War was about far more then freeing the slaves.....That being said, comparing it to a swastika isn't so unreasonable. The Nazi's stole the swastika for their official symbol. It existed long before Hitler.....I believe it came from early India. It is still even used in Buddhism. Some would argue that the confederacy primarily stood for states rights...(I know, I know...the right to have slaves)...Either way, symbols can offend some people for one reason or another. I think alot of "good ole' boys" like the confederate flag simply because of the term "rebel" associated with it. :twocents:

Yep...

Unfortunately (just like the rebel flag), you can't represent it without people looking at you negatively because of all the racist stigma behind it.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    the flag is a symbol of the south diffidence to the north. it has nothing to do with slavery. actually the civil war (where it was born and used) had very little to do with slavery, it was about the states right to not follow the feds.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom