• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    my 2 cents is that tons of people rushed out to buy all the ar's and ammo a few months ago. so they ramped up production to meet demand. after the inital burst of buyers got all there ar's or ak's or ? bought now we have a surplus due to the ramped up production.

not to mention that the people who have never even shot a gun but NEEDED X amount of ar's are now saying. "i dont shoot what the hell am i going to use 5 ar-15 rifles for" so they are selling into a market that is still over stocked due to the ramped up production.

again my opinion is probably far from the truth but it makes sence to me.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    my 2 cents is that tons of people rushed out to buy all the ar's and ammo a few months ago. so they ramped up production to meet demand. after the inital burst of buyers got all there ar's or ak's or ? bought now we have a surplus due to the ramped up production.

not to mention that the people who have never even shot a gun but NEEDED X amount of ar's are now saying. "i dont shoot what the hell am i going to use 5 ar-15 rifles for" so they are selling into a market that is still over stocked due to the ramped up production.

That about sums it up really.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    in my case, i just decided i wanted a Colt 6920. and once i got one, i realized i didnt want or need my other BR. so i sold it to another member in order to fund other purchases.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen

There were also a lot of people that thought prices were going to keep going up so they bought a bunch as an investment. When they saw the prices start falling they started feeling panicked and began to sell trying to avoid a huge loss which helped to drive the price downward some more. just my :twocents:

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Looks like I am getting into AR's at the right time.(with the price drops)

In the last month, I have bought:

-Colt 6920 LE
    -I have built 5 complete lowers w/6 pos stocks (still need uppers)
    -I have a RRA 9mm carbine on order thru Michiana
    -I have a RRA 9mm complete lower on order thru Michiana (for a SBR build)
    -I have also bought a Colt Umarex AR-15 .22lr (it doesn't really count though)

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I sold mine because I bought a complete lower receiver. Since I already had factory built AR I wanted to build my own. I bought a stripped lower at a good price since all of the prices are dropping.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Looks like I am getting into AR's at the right time.(with the price drops)

In the last month, I have bought:

-Colt 6920 LE
    -I have built 5 complete lowers w/6 pos stocks (still need uppers)
    -I have a RRA 9mm carbine on order thru Michiana
    -I have a RRA 9mm complete lower on order thru Michiana (for a SBR build)
    -I have also bought a Colt Umarex AR-15 .22lr (it doesn't really count though)

Did you win the lottery?

Just kidding.

Someone tell me when we reach the bottom. I want one, but not enough to spend $900.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Are you talking about the 6920's? I havent seen them for $900 recently, more like $1200. There are a few different ARs on here at reasonable price around $700.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Mfg's still have long wait times

I have talked to sales people at Rock River Arms, Stag Arms and DPMS and all three are telling me that the popular rifles are out as far as eight months due to shortage of parts, especially barrels. I don't believe it is a volume problem as much as s supply shortage. :dunno: Some people have stripped lowers and LPK's available with less than a month wait but even that changes by the month.

Top Bottom