• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have talked to sales people at Rock River Arms, Stag Arms and DPMS and all three are telling me that the popular rifles are out as far as eight months due to shortage of parts, especially barrels. I don't believe it is a volume problem as much as s supply shortage. :dunno: Some people have stripped lowers and LPK's available with less than a month wait but even that changes by the month.

i guess i assumed that since prices were falling so fast the supply problem was cought up or close to. i know in febuary/march you couldn't find enough parts (especially uppers) in the classifieds here to build a ar and now you can build quite a few with the parts listed. but to be honest i dont pay alot of attention to ar parts anymore so i could be wrong

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Bud's has Armalites, Bushmasters, Colts, and Olympics in stock. All for less than $900 on some models (except the Colts). Impacts has DPMSs and a few RRAs in stock. I didn't even check my other usual places.

GBultra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    I was at Whittaker guns in KY today and they had alot of AR's under $1000 with quality parts and manufacturers.

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I was in Class III sales in New Carlisle last week. He had ar's with 5.7x28 uppers on them for $1,000. That seemed like a decent price.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I must be doing something wrong

Bud's has Armalites, Bushmasters, Colts, and Olympics in stock. All for less than $900 on some models (except the Colts). Impacts has DPMSs and a few RRAs in stock. I didn't even check my other usual places.

I have had one of the most popular RRA styles on sale for $850 the past two weeks and zero response yet I am reading about AR's on sale as in the above posts for similar pricing. I have to be doing something wrong. :dunno:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Is the AR 15 for $599 being advertised at Bradis, the Olympic Arms Plinker Plus? That price is a couple of hundred less than the MSRP if it is. From what I have read, it is a pretty good little firearm. I still have not heard which is the better of the Plinker Plus or the Sportical. I can not find my way back to the thread on which I first asked that same question.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I have had one of the most popular RRA styles on sale for $850 the past two weeks and zero response yet I am reading about AR's on sale as in the above posts for similar pricing. I have to be doing something wrong. :dunno:

That's a pretty good deal I think:patriot:

Don't the RRA's come with 2-stage triggers as well?

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Anyone hear about the Sig 522?

Yeah, what is up with the Sig's...man you can't pick one up for less than $1800 and that's a deal.

I saw the Sig 522's in January down at the SHOT SHOW and I don't believe they are out yet. Anyone hear different?

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Is the AR 15 for $599 being advertised at Bradis, the Olympic Arms Plinker Plus? That price is a couple of hundred less than the MSRP if it is. From what I have read, it is a pretty good little firearm. I still have not heard which is the better of the Plinker Plus or the Sportical. I can not find my way back to the thread on which I first asked that same question.

I have an Olympic Arms AR and I think it is great for the money. I don't know how it would compare to the DPMS though.

Top Bottom