• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That game yesterday was painful to watch. First half was okay. Not stellar, but okay. I swear they switched teams in the locker room during halftime though. I don't know who those guys were that came out for the second half. And Hasselbeck getting hurt (again!) was just the nail in the coffin. But you know what hurt worse than seeing the Colts lose? Having to root for the Cheatriots to beat Houston! :xmad:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Da Bears had their issues the last two weeks. Robbie Gould choked in both games. They have some serious personnel decisions to make.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Da Bears had their issues the last two weeks. Robbie Gould choked in both games. They have some serious personnel decisions to make.

Was raining pretty hard for a 50 yard'r. But yeah, it was a pretty ugly kick. I really had to question the play calling on some key 3rd downs. Offensive line didn't play that well. Defense was really soft.

One good note, Jay Cutler wasn't really the problem. He's actually played closer to his potential this year.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    As "Dandy Don" Meredith used to sing..."Turn out the lights....the party is over"
    I actually feel sorry for the Colts. I feel sorry for Pagano. I don't feel sorry for Grigson at all.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    As "Dandy Don" Meredith used to sing..."Turn out the lights....the party is over"
    I actually feel sorry for the Colts. I feel sorry for Pagano. I don't feel sorry for Grigson at all.

Chuck tried hard with the cards he was dealt, but other teams are winning with back up players. Thinking the Colts will clean house in the off season. Grigson, Pagano, and Manusky are all going to need to update their resumes.

We can win with Pagano, but Grigson has absolutely hamstrung him with some completely mind numbing personnel decisions. I can squint and see that getting Johnson and Gore to help provide some experience on the offense is helpful for an all out play-off run. But without an O-line to block, all the talent in the backfield is worthless.

Our Defense had some hot and cold streaks this year, and was put in some bad spots by the offense's lack of production. But where is that shut down corner, or game changer linebacker or d-lineman that the opponents have to game-plan around?

The strategy of a track meat and we'll just outscore everyone worked 10 years ago with Manning. The league has changed and particularly in the AFC, has gone back to gridiron football where a hard nose running game is key to a passing game, and a tough defense always puts the opposing teams offense on their heels.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think lack of depth really killed the Colts on both sides of the line.
    Give the Colts a couple more healthy linemen on both sides of the ball it could make a heck of a difference.
    Switching Offensive coordinators mid season didn't help any. Play calling came into question all year long.
    There is hope here. There's hope for the Cubbies too. Wait 'til next year?
    OOPS! I forgot to ask Santa for a pass rusher.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    So they're playing for the draft again?

At this point that is all they have left to play for. They might as well sit luck for the rest of the year and make for damn sure he is fully recovered. Let Whitehurst start the last two and at least have some actual game time experience in case they need him for a back up next year. I can't imagine we'll keep Hasselbeck another year.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    That was a hard game to watch yesterday --- even for a noncolts fan . I don't know if they just thought they didn't need to play hard cause of the Texans record in indy or what .. Well as we all saw , the Texans broke that loosing streak . I'm with jb , bench luck the rest of the season - let him heal up good , play your 3rd string QB so he can get the experience.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The Colts are still in the play off hunt. Miami is a "Must Have" game.
    Luck coming back healthy will be a welcome body at QB. IF IF IF the Colts somehow beat Miami and Tennessee without Luck they can still make the playoffs. Get a few healthy players back will make a difference in the team.
    The offensive MUST sustain drives to give the defense some rest. The Colt's Defensive just wore out and had nothing left in the 3rd quarter. It's shown the past few games.
    No one can play at maximum levels when injured. All the talk about benching Luck for Hasselbeck qot quiet real fast.
    No pass rush doomed the Colts D. Even our Dbacks and Safetys just wore out. Any receiver will eventually get free if the QB has all day to look for an open man.
    This list can get a lot longer but I don't want to go there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Luck coming back healthy will be a welcome body at QB. IF IF IF the Colts somehow beat Miami and Tennessee without Luck they can still make the playoffs. Get a few healthy players back will make a difference in the team.
    The offensive MUST sustain drives to give the defense some rest. The Colt's Defensive just wore out and had nothing left in the 3rd quarter. It's shown the past few games.
    No one can play at maximum levels when injured. All the talk about benching Luck for Hasselbeck qot quiet real fast.
    No pass rush doomed the Colts D. Even our Dbacks and Safetys just wore out. Any receiver will eventually get free if the QB has all day to look for an open man.

It is very painful to watch. Hasselback was having a hard day and can not throw the ball down field from his back.
    I watched the Raiders game yesterday and was actually interested and entertained.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It is very painful to watch. Hasselback was having a hard day and can not throw the ball down field from his back.
    I watched the Raiders game yesterday and was actually interested and entertained.

Rough game for the Colts.
    The Raiders on the other hand have made some progress. I called it last year that they'd be a .500 team and no one's push over.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree with most of the assessments above about yesterday's game. The also need to learn that there are TWO halves in a football game. All year, they've done at least okay in the first half, but then it's like they field a team full of rookies for the second half or everyone just quits trying (maybe as Harry said, they're just worn out). Now I have heard of basketball teams playing a half court strategy, but I've never heard of a football team playing a half game strategy.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

True, they still are in the hunt for the AFC South, which has quickly become a race to see which team is the least bad in the conference. A win yesterday put us in the driver's seat, but now we have one of those goofy scenarios that if we win both, Houston and Jax lose this that and whatever game, and if the second coming of Christ happens then might make it in.

Honestly I'm to the point now where I just think the Colts need to keep Luck on the bench and not risk a more serious injury that could end his career, and do another "suck for Luck" season and use the draft picks to boost the team a bit.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I have tickets for the Tennessee game in 2 weeks, I really don't know if I even want to go anymore. It's too expensive to drown my sorrows at the stadium.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True, they still are in the hunt for the AFC South, which has quickly become a race to see which team is the least bad in the conference. A win yesterday put us in the driver's seat, but now we have one of those goofy scenarios that if we win both, Houston and Jax lose this that and whatever game, and if the second coming of Christ happens then might make it in.

Honestly I'm to the point now where I just think the Colts need to keep Luck on the bench and not risk a more serious injury that could end his career, and do another "suck for Luck" season and use the draft picks to boost the team a bit.

I am not sure anyone on staff has the marbles to properly use the draft picks. Remember the running back debacle from last season.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I say we hold a Wake and invite Jim Irsay to grieve for the Colts death this season.
    Honestly, this season is what I expected for the first two seasons to be like.
    And Imagine that all the sports casters predicted the Colts to go to the Super Bowl.

Top Bottom