• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Here's a picture of it (the 18-inch version with wilson combat sights) not a great picture, but gives the general idea. I changed out the Remington fore end with a surefire fore end. I feel a little uneasy about using the light, but its there if the situation warrants it.

Remington Law Enforcement - Shotguns - Model 11-87
    Lights have pluses and minuses....
    Especially White Lights...

Might think of trying a Red Light Filter on it.
    Surefire Red Flashlight Filter - F05

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Motion detector lighting outside. German Shephard and Pitt Bull inside with trained attack cats as backup. If they aren't begging for mercy to get the animals off of them then they will be greeted by me with a Remington 12 ga with 00 buck shot and tactical stobe with S&W 38 special sidearm and my 25 year old son with an AR15 and Glock 21. Wife will stay barricaded in bedroom with Remington 20 ga shotgun and Ruger .357 magnum backup. She will call 911 after the shooting has stopped.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Wow, this thread has a life of it's own. OK then I'll play....Looking back at the OP
    it seems he mentioned a .44 wheel gun. That's my first choice if you have to go looking
    /need to check on the kids. A long barreled gun is easier to lose in a scuffle and needs 2
    hands. Makes it hard to handle a flashlight. It's hard to grab a short barrel without getting your hand blown off..
    If you don't need to leave your bedroom a shotgun and a barricade seem best.
    Small shot will work at close range and less likely to kill the guy next door.
    An AR in the house might penetrate your walls but unlikely to go through two house
    walls. Inside walls might be different. After the first shot you won't hear any of those
    annoying "I surrender" whimpers...or anything else for a while

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Chobham armour siding, claymores in the bushes, and CS gas emitters in the door jambs around each entrance.

Naw. A good 12 ga. loaded with 00 Buck and a handgun loaded with JHP will suffice for 95% of home incursions. A good dog and/or a proper home security system whose sensors reach beyond these four walls would help prepare you to prepare the guns for defense.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I prefer the 12 ga. However my shotguns are for hunting, I don't have any tactical shotguns. Therefore I would grab for my stun gun, oc spray, and cell phone and give it to my would be freaked out girlfriend along with an escape route for her if she hears shots. I then would grab my glock 19 and maglite to clear the house.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Ruger LCR on the nightstand and Remington 870 with #4 upland game shot in the closet.

I like the thought of #4 shot because I would think it would have a hard time penetrating drywall and still doing much damage.

buffalohump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    I live in the country so Colt 380 left hand for warning shot, Ithica 10 ga. side X side if warning shot doesn't work. Seems fair to me.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Shepherd, 12ga, .40, .380, mace, knives, chair, etc. No given order other than the dog alerts before you are even at the door. Then depending on where i am you get either the 12ga or the .40 everything else is to back me up/protect my backside and alert the police.

buffalohump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    When I'm in my shop whitch is seperate from the home, I have a llama 44 mag. It has shot in every other chamber. Just tring to be fair.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I just bought an SR9 with the intentions of being primarily for home defense. I'll probably get the rail light from Ruger since I don't have a tactical flashlight right now. As others have said, a gun that can be used one handed is ideal as grabbing the kids will be necessary. It currently stays on a nightstand by the bed in a GunVault. Loaded with Critical Defense, 25 rounds in two mags

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Mossberg 930SPX and a Sig railed 1911 with attached light. Hopefully, that will be enough. If not, I have an attack Jack Russell Terrier that, once woken up and walked, could be quite fearsome. Hopefully, I never need to let slip the dog of war.

Top Bottom