• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Can't say without defining the SHTF event. Is it personal, regional, national, or worldwide? Am I bugging in, or out?

But playing along, assuming no resupply, garden, or livestock, and no medium term hope of resupply: Perishables. 2 weeks give or take. No biggie there.

Fuel for the generator, tractor, vehicles: 1-3 years.

Food: 9-16 months.

Ammo: Never.

Water: Never.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    12ga. slugs This got me to thinking, I took a quick survey and realized I have a ton of #8, a reputable supply of 00, but very few slugs. Reps to you sir for bringing this to my attention

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Milk, eggs, fresh fruit, and similar perishables. Some essential meds that don't have any subsitutes.

Clearly I need a cow and some chickens. We do have some fruit trees, but they only help for a few weeks during the year.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Other than luxury items, my fear is that the first necessary thing that I will run out of is my blood pressure medicine. I am only allowed to buy so many at once and there are warnings not to go off of it suddenly.

One of my SHTF/TEOTWAWKI problems is being dependent on blood pressure medicine. I am hoping that I could stretch out my supply of pills to slowly ease myself off of it.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Beer, I need to get with Indybeerman. :laugh:

This time of year, fresh fruits and veggies.

Batteries, my only real shortage is electricity, fuel storage for a genny is very limited. :patriot: Don

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Other than luxury items, my fear is that the first necessary thing that I will run out of is my blood pressure medicine. I am only allowed to buy so many at once and there are warnings not to go off of it suddenly.

One of my SHTF/TEOTWAWKI problems is being dependent on blood pressure medicine. I am hoping that I could stretch out my supply of pills to slowly ease myself off of it.

They'll let you refill a few days to a week early. Start refilling early every time, set the leftovers from your old scrip aside.

And hope they aren't too old to work if you ever need them.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Beer, I need to get with Indybeerman. :laugh:

This time of year, fresh fruits and veggies.

Batteries, my only real shortage is electricity, fuel storage for a genny is very limited. :patriot: Don

Do you homebrew? We've been making wine and beer for years. Beer is a little bit tougher in SHTF conditions but wine isn't too hard at all if you aren't a wine snob and don't mind drinking stuff made with things like concord grapes, apples and persimmons. I've even experimented with making Apple Jack, which is a liquor made by letting apple wine partially freeze in the wintertime and then straining out the ice as opposed to using a still to make it stronger. I figure the ability to produce alcoholic beverages would be good for trade in a long term SHTF or TEOTWAWKI.

Top Bottom