• ...and so much more!
  • Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Nicotine Fix

Copenhagen and tolerance of BS

My tobacco store sells little snuff pills called "Stonewall". You use them like Copenhagen. I think they're about $3 for a pack of $20, and I also use them to get through long meetings at work. They store extremely well, and every smoker or dipper ought to have at least a couple of boxes to help if SHTF.

I don't want a bunch of stressed out well-armed guys jonesing for nicotine; we're all going to have enough problems as it is.

Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    OPSEC

Graves sights.
    I have had to many people tell me, "if SHTF I'm coming to your place!"
    I figure for every five who has said it to me there will be thousand show up wanting a hand out and the herd thinning will begin.

You can tell people here about your preps; but you need to be quieter with people who know you.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My tobacco store sells little snuff pills called "Stonewall". You use them like Copenhagen. I think they're about $3 for a pack of $20, and I also use them to get through long meetings at work. They store extremely well, and every smoker or dipper ought to have at least a couple of boxes to help if SHTF.

I don't want a bunch of stressed out well-armed guys jonesing for nicotine; we're all going to have enough problems as it is.

thanks for the tip. much appreciated, especially by anyone that would be near me if SHTF. i need my nicotine

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Depending on how it goes down we would be out of perishable foods in 1 week, fuel in 1 week to 2 years, food 1 year to never, allergy meds 1 year, birth control(!) 3mo. One issue that is in my mind is that we carry a mortgage. If we don't pay on that it is hard to say what might happen, as at some point we may be put off our land by some interest out of NY, kinda like the Irish during the famine.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Those of you worried about meds, you might not be aware of it, but some insurance companies will allow you an extra refill on some meds-they call it a "vacation refill", presuming you won't be near your pharmacy to refill when you run out. I think they'll let you do that once a year. Also, good suggestion about refilling a couple of days early and putting the extras away for SHTF: One person said, "hope they aren't too old to work when you need them." I have seen the suggestion of rotating canned goods-why not pills, too? Take the extras from last month, put them in with the new stuff and take an equal number of the new ones out of the bottle for your backstock.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    One person said, "hope they aren't too old to work when you need them." I have seen the suggestion of rotating canned goods-why not pills, too? Take the extras from last month, put them in with the new stuff and take an equal number of the new ones out of the bottle for your backstock.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

Doh!!! I'm feeling dense right now LOL. Never occurred to me to rotate my meds.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany

Hey, thanks for the tip. I will look into that.

Yep, have sat through some of those same loooong meetings myself. After all the discussion, arguing, etc the end result of that meeting is to hold another.:rolleyes: After several of these I decided to bring a cup and set it on the table. When people started to get annoyed with my cup, the meetings did not last so long.

And you're right about the jonesing too.:D

Top Bottom