What Will You Do? What Example Will You Set For Your Children?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    bvbcv.jpg

What will you do?

What example will you set for your children?

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    my example/teaching for my 2 teenage kids with regards to the government has been and will always be the same as mine ---- DO NOT TRUST THE GOV'T EVER!!!!
    If I succeed in getting that thru their heads then I consider it a good education for them.
    And I think they are starting to realize what I have been teaching them for the last few years --- because I can tell by the questions that they ask me about those types of things.
    In fact last week my 18 yr old was starting to ask me a question about something in the news and before she finished she said "never mind" I already know what you would say. I just smiled and thought "good job"
    Next training at the dinner table will be why FDR was a crap president - LOL

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    The example we set for our children is amongst the most important responsibilities we as parents have.

I have done my best to teach my children to be respectful of those in government, but am mindful to remind them that their rights come from a greater authority and that the government is their employ, not their master.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    What is often missed about this photo is that it is not a photo of German Nazi soldiers.

It is a photo of Latvian soldiers executing Latvian citizens at the command of a German government.

Avar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    I believe we instill in our children what our founding fathers had our Members of Congress, commissioned military personnel and our president repeat... to "solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic [emphasis added]: that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion: So help me God."
    Our allegiance is to the constitution. We must continue to impart that to the generations to come.

ar15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Obey the law but keep your freedom.... Vote.. Get education... Work hard... And train :-)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I believe we instill in our children what our founding fathers had our Members of Congress, commissioned military personnel and our president repeat... to "solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic [emphasis added]: that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion: So help me God."
    Our allegiance is to the constitution. We must continue to impart that to the generations to come.
    ^^^^^^
    This. We follow the example of the founding fathers. We do not submit to tyranny. We do not submit to unjust laws. We will be successful if we stand together.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    ^^^^^^
    This. We follow the example of the founding fathers. We do not submit to tyranny. We do not submit to unjust laws. We will be successful if we stand together.

I'm not directing this at you personally, and I'm not advocating unlawful resistance either.

So, I hear people make statements like this all the time, then they line up to be molested by the TSA, get fingerprinted and pay $125 for a license to bear arms etc.

Not submitting to tyranny and unjust laws will get you killed or thrown in prison in short order. I don't see anyone on INGO lining up for that outcome, despite the internet tough talk.

Let's face it, you live within a system. The best hope you have is to educate yourself, try to educate others, and vote to change the system. That is the only lawful power you have.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I'm not directing this at you personally, and I'm not advocating unlawful resistance either.

So, I hear people make statements like this all the time, then they line up to be molested by the TSA, get fingerprinted and pay $125 for a license to bear arms etc.

Not submitting to tyranny and unjust laws will get you killed or thrown in prison in short order.I don't see anyone on INGO lining up for that outcome, despite the internet tough talk.

Let's face it, you live within a system. The best hope you have is to educate yourself, try to educate others, and vote to change the system. That is the only lawful power you have.

Your statement is the same crap the powers that be have been trying to instill in peoples heads since government was created.
    "Not submitting to tyranny and unjust laws will get you killed or thrown in prison in short order"
    Man did you even think about that before you typed it?

So you think we should submit to tyranny?? Thats what you said..... defend that position. WE SHOULD SUBMIT TO TYRANNY????
    You go ahead see how it works out for you. I wish you the best.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Your statement is the same crap the powers that be have been trying to instill in peoples heads since government was created.
    "Not submitting to tyranny and unjust laws will get you killed or thrown in prison in short order."
    Man did you even think about that before you typed it?

So you think we should submit to tyranny?? Thats what you said..... defend that position. WE SHOULD SUBMIT TO TYRANNY????
    You go ahead see how it works out for you. I wish you the best.

LOL. I think we should conduct ourselves in a lawful manner.

So, mr. internet tough guy. Do you openly carry without your LTCH?

If not, why not?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    "LOL." ?? I think the government should conduct ITSELF in a lawful manner.
    Your argument is that if we don't submit to tyranny then we can expect to be " killed or thrown in prison in short order".
    So your plan is to continue to submit to tyranny until what? When do you no longer submit to tyranny? At what point does the tyranny become so oppressive and domineering that you can't take it, Mr internet non tough guy?
    Let me guess, you're ok with high capacity " clip" legislation and a new requirement for all gun transfers( interpersonal included) to be done with a background check.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    LOL. I think we should conduct ourselves in a lawful manner.

So, mr. internet tough guy. Do you openly carry without your LTCH?

If not, why not?

OK, I can see your point to some degee... but The american people have been "trained" to simply follow the rules, and never question them for the last few decades... that is beginning to change. The tryant's may soon learn that you can only push so far. I don't agree with having to have an LTCH, I don't agree with not being able to just go and buy a brand new FA Firearm, but I play by the rules for now... I can't help anyone, least of all my wife and daughters if I'm in prison. The time will come when some of those restraints will fall away for a good portion of us. Pick you battles, survive to win the war... these are the things we must do. Until the day comes when the restraints fall away, we will do what we legally can.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    "LOL." ?? I think the government should conduct ITSELF in a lawful manner.
    Your argument is that if we don't submit to tyranny then we can expect to be " killed or thrown in prison in short order".
    So your plan is to continue to submit to tyranny until what? When do you no longer submit to tyranny? At what point does the tyranny become so oppressive and domineering that you can't take it, Mr internet non tough guy?
    Let me guess, you're ok with high capacity " clip" legislation and a new requirement for all gun transfers( interpersonal included) to be done with a background check.

Again, LOL.

I guess that means you have your LTCH.

And no, I'm not ok with "clip" legislation and background checks.

But if they become law, I will conduct myself lawfully.

As will you, the difference being, I won't tell everyone on the internet how tough I am resisting tyranny.

So, again, do you have your LTCH?

Top Bottom