What Will You Do? What Example Will You Set For Your Children?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Oh ok I can LOL too.

Do you think the Latvian soldiers shooting their civilian Latvian counterparts were conducting themselves lawfully?
    I think its funny how you assume everyone is as defeated as you are.
    Don't make assumptions. Not everyone feels the way you do.
    You respond to my question about your " killed or thrown in prison in short order statement " Then we'll discuss my LTCH. Lets go in order.What do you say?

Last edited:

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Oh ok I can LOL too.

Do you think the Latvian soldiers shooting their civilian Latvian counterparts were conducting themselves lawfully?
    I think its funny how you assume everyone is as defeated as you are.
    Don't make assumptions. Not everyone feels the way you do.
    You respond to my question about your " killed or thrown in prison in short order statement " Then we'll discuss my LTCH. Lets go in order.What do you say?

LOL again. That's what I thought.

Mr. I'll-never-submit-to-tyranny, stood in line and allowed himself to get fingerprinted, submitted to a background check, paid the government for the privilege, and now carries a permission slip from the government to keep from getting thrown in prison for exercising his constitutional rights.

It's nothing different than I've done myself, except I don't tell everyone how tough I am when it comes to resisting tyranny.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    LOL again.....
    Sheesh

Show me where I said I was tough? Or is it just because you feel so not tough?
    You didn't answer my questions.
    You've got no response?

You're criticizing me for advocating lawful behavior and not "resisting tyranny", when you yourself have submitted to the same laws. Sounds hypocritical.

So, exactly what "tyranny" are you telling us to resist? It's obviously not the LTCH process. I'm confused, so again, exactly what are you telling us we should resist?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I'll respond to your questions after you respond to mine. You haven't responded to a single one of my points.
    Let me refresh your memory." killed or thrown in prison in short order"
    Well?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I'll respond to your questions after you respond to mine. You haven't responded to a single one of my points.
    Let me refresh your memory." killed or thrown in prison in short order"
    Well?

You're a perfect example of my statement. You got your LTCH to keep from getting thrown in prison in short order, even though you have a 2A right to bear arms.

So, what tyranny exactly are you suggesting we resist?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    That which would disarm us.

Fair enough, but that means you yourself submit so some forms of tyranny. There's a long road between the un-infringed right to keep and bear arms, and disarmament.

So, don't be so quick to criticize those who advocate lawful behavior.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    You helped me make my point. Any government that can kill us or throw us into prison for exercising a natural right has enough power to do whatever they want to us.

I don't criticize you for advocating lawful behavior. I have a problem with folks that have already decided that they will follow the law even when the law is no longer lawful but a breach of our rights. You obviously feel that behaving lawfully( obeying gun bans) is more important than having the right to keep and bear arms.
    Thats ok, you can do that. Just don't criticize me if I'm willing to state that I don't feel that way..

Where is line you will not cross, Mr Liberty? Or do you really even have one?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The example we set for our children is amongst the most important responsibilities we as parents have.

I have done my best to teach my children to be respectful of those in government, but am mindful to remind them that their rights come from a greater authority and that the government is their employ, not their master.

That's about the best that we can do these days.

I'd like to add that the reason we are who we are is because of what our parents told us. Seemingly then, what was good for them, is as good or better for us and our children. Keep an old school understanding.

My father never told me all that much, he just showed me by doing it!

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Acts 5:29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!

Care to elaborate? Does that mean you'll give up your guns if the gov't tells you to unless God tells you you can keep them?
    Thats kinda contrary to your original point isn't it? First you're all "I'm advocating compliance with the law" now you are saying "I answer to God". Make up your mind.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm fine with scripture.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Acts 5:29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!

Care to elaborate? Does that mean you'll give up your guns if the gov't tells you to unless God tells you you can keep them?
    Thats kinda contrary to your original point isn't it? First you're all "I'm advocating compliance with the law" now you are saying "I answer to God". Make up your mind.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm fine with scripture.

It means if the government orders you to do something the Bible forbids, you don't comply.

Or, if the government forbids you to do something the Bible commands, you don't comply.

Pretty simple concept.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    What if the gov't institutes a law that costs you so much you can no longer pay your mortgage or your rent? What if they take away your ability to defend yourself.

You can't take care of your family....

Then at what point does Mr. liberty decide its the right time to change his situation in relation to the overbearing government entity in our theoretical situation? How far do they have to push before you become a tough guy?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Do you have a response to my previous post?

This one:

What if the gov't institutes a law that costs you so much you can no longer pay your mortgage or your rent? What if they take away your ability to defend yourself.

Then at what point does Mr. liberty decide its the right time to change his situation in relation to the overbearing government entity in our theoretical situation? How far do they have to push before YOU become a tough guy?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Do you have a response to my previous post?

This one:

Then at what point does Mr. liberty decide its the right time to change his situation in relation to the overbearing government entity in our theoretical situation? How far do they have to push before YOU become a tough guy?

If you have a specific issue from the Bible that you want to quote and discuss as it pertains to this issue, I'll be glad to answer. But I'm not wasting my time debating pointless hypotheticals.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    My understanding is that the ppl trump the government and therfore the ppl are the law in America... I would not be going against the ppl if I stood up to that.

Top Bottom