• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Ruger Mark I...and was taught to shoot by my Green Beanie uncle-by-marriage shortly before he shipped out to the Land of Bad Things. Lesson 1 - don't shoot at a log backstop, those little suckers have a tendency to ricochet! Lesson 2 - don't jerk the trigger, squeeze it! Lesson 3....too long, I can't remember. But it was a fine learning gun and I have fond memories of his lessons.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Roger that.

Back in the 80's, my first handgun was a H&R 999 "Sportsman" 9 shot 22. Cheap to buy, cheap to shoot.
    Me too, except it was in the 70s for me. Mine had about a 10 pound trigger pull, once I learned to shoot it well I could shoot any handgun well. My Dad got it for me for Christmas, boy was I suprised! A great memory.
    :)

Terry

Last edited:

protouraero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Chesterton, IN
    Ruger Mark-1.
    And here it is:

Ruger%20Mark%201%20001.JPG

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Here are a couple quick photos. I am definitely not going for the "gangsta" look or anything like that...the only camera I have access to currently is the camera on my computer :laugh: - sorry.

Photo%208.jpg

Photo%209.jpg

Photo%2010.jpg

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    H & R 9 shot 22 revolver that I think it was a High School graduation present from my Dad in 1968. Still have it today and is still one of my favorites. I will probably be buried with that one. :)

RandyN2075

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    South of Greenwood
    Has it been that long? I can't remember...first rifle was a .22 Ithaca lever action...first shotgun was an H&R single shot .20ga...first handgun? Dan Wesson 357? or maybe it was the S&W 9mm?

rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    First hand gun I got my hands on was a Thompson Contender with a .22 barrel...
    First hand gun I purchased was an xd-40 5"...Also happens to be my first gun purchase of any kind other than a bb gun bought a gift for my nephew..

Top Bottom