• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    A response in the favorite caliber thread made me think of this...

What was your first EDC and do you still have it? Do you still EDC it?

I'll go first. Mine was a Springfield XDm 40 compact, I still have it and carry it from time to time, but it's no longer my EDC...

A lot of advancements in smaller pistols has led me to a 45 and currently a 9mm as my EDC of late...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ruger P-91DC. Yeah, I drank the Kool Aid. But I was a young guy in the early 90s. I've since smartened up and moved on to all things 9mm. :p

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    The first handgun I bought, which by default became my first EDC, was a 3" Rossi .38spl. The first gun I bought specifically to carry was a Bersa Thunder .380. There have been countless other since then...

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Beretta 92FS. I turned 21 in the middle of the .40 era, and really wanted a 96 because all my buddies were into .40. I couldn't find one and ended up stumbling into a used 92FS at the LGS and bought it. The guys gave me no end of crap for that at the time, but in hindsight I'm glad I ended up with the 9mm.

It's a Maryland built gun, but made before they went to the plastic controls and guide rod. I still have it, and it's a great shooter but it's been years since I carried it.

Here's a standing, unsupported 25 yard target with the old girl that I shot a couple of years ago:

52871579633_96f967e4f1_c.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    S&W model 10. I didn’t grow up in a gun family but when I got married my wife’s Father gave me a box. In it was a nice blued .38 and a box of lead round nose Federal ammo. He said John don’t ever let anything happen to my baby girl it was 1984. I still have it and her. He is no longer with us but he sure started something with me and Firearms

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My first handgun was a Ruger P97DC (45 acp), but I didn't carry it. First gun I carried was a Diamondback DB380, in a wallet holster. Diamondback was brand new back then and I had to send it in to be replaced. The replacement was a nice little pistol. Much more comfortable to shoot than some of the micro compacts. Still wouldn't mind having one now for deep concealment if needed.

Top Bottom