• ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Holy Old Thread, Batman!!

Let's see here.. when I was just a youngster, I saved my allowance for TWO YEARS and got a Benjamin-Sheridan .20 Pellet Pistol. My brother got a Red Rider Lever Action BB Gun. We pooled our money and got a pellet trap for the basement and shot year-round. Still have the Pellet Pistol - no idea what happened to the BB gun..

My dad bought me a .22 Colt Cadet when I was old enough to go to the range with him (12ish??) and that was the first "real" firearm I got to shoot. Sure, it was in his name, but I knew it was really mine :)

From there, I begged into shooting a .38, then .357 (same revolver) and then .44 - OUCH! Same weekend I got to shoot a 9mm Mauser Broomhandle that my dad's army buddy had - from that point on, I was a 9mm guy...

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't remember shooting anything before I shot the M-14 in the military. I may have shot a .22 or something earlier, though. Certainly I shot BB guns.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    12 ga single shotgun at 6 years old. my dad let me choose to shoot that or the 20 ga. the 12 ga was smaller(shorter/lighter) so i thought it was the way to go....wrong

my dad's now prepping my 3 year old to shoot the 10-22 next spring. if only i was that lucky

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    16 Ga pump action shotgun when I was about 12, held loosely in my shoulder so I got a real "whap" with the recoil.

Left me with a fear of recoil for some years afterward.

I shot a 20 ga once when I was about 17, but aside from that I was into my 20's before I ever shot anything larger than a .22

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    A Red Ryder BB gun.

After that it was probably an air powered pellet gun, followed by a shotgun of some caliber, etc.

My dad has been a shooter all his life and had a gun in my hands at an early age.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Our preacher would come out to the farm and shoot pigeons for the pot as I chased them out of the barn. One day, when I was about 8 or 9 he brought a single shot .410 and let me shoot it at a tin can. I didn’t know what to expect as far as recoil goes and it scared me enough that I didn’t shoot it again.

[FONT=&quot]Bucky[/FONT]

Surculus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    K'ville
    My grandfather bought it new in 1935,Then it was dad's & I still have it.I cherish few material things,but this is one of them.
    100_0256.jpg

M34ad01.jpg

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Japanese 7.7 Arisaka Rifle

This Japanese 7.7 Arisaka Rifle belonged to my uncle and and it was the first rifle I shot. I think I was 14 years old and did not hold it tight and it came back and hit me in the jaw. It had a metal butt plate. OUCH

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    The next best thing to a Winchester 22 pump

Winchester .22 pump model 62. Wish I had it. Will probably try to buy one some day.

In 1983 I purchased a Rossi model 62 SA Gallery 22 pump rifle as I always wanted a Winchester pump like they had at the carnivals but could not afford one. This is a reallly great shooter and fun to own. Shoots 22 shorts, longs and long rifle. Load it with 22 shorts and the ladies can have a ball with it. I found one on auction arms and pasted the link. Take a look; if you get one you won't be sorry and will save a lot of money in the process.

http://www.auctionarms.com/closed/printitem.cfm?itemnum=7796634

Top Bottom