• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Guns, ammo, cleaning stuff, magazines, ear and eye protection, money are all covered. But what about targets? Can we buy them there? And how do we put said targets on the range? Never been before so I'm curious. All my range experience is indoor ranges.

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    You can buy a variety of targets there, can't speak to price because i have brought my own in the past, but they are available.

They have steel rebar target frames with corrugated plastic zip tied to them. thumb tacks or staple gun will work fine to attach targets or of course adhesive targets are very popular there.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They do sell targets there. If you have a staple gun, it is handy to take along, but if not, they sell thumb tacks for 50 cents. Atterbury is a good range. Have fun.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Very nice...I haven't been but plan on going soon. I was also a bit curious about the target situation there.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have a tiny staple gun that shoots 1/4" staples that work great on cardboard or coroplast. You can usually just pull the paper off. That worked well for Atterbury.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Cant bring any steel targets paper only. Atterbury used to be free-for-all and alot of crazy stuff would go on now its ran better and safer in my opinion.
    i didnt know proper steel caused safety issues. i generally shoot paper to see if im still zeroed or trying a new distance. the reactivity of steel is what i personally like.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I run my own targets off on my laser printer, and then use a $1 roll of masking tape from Dollar General to tape them to the target backings.

Free Targets

Good website for target PDF files, download and print all you want. FREE

My Grandkids love shooting at the "Charging Rhino" target.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    i didnt know proper steel caused safety issues. i generally shoot paper to see if im still zeroed or trying a new distance. the reactivity of steel is what i personally like.

DNR rules. People used to bring up anything they could get to the firing line. Washers, driers, etc. Suprised more people did not get hurt. That, and the place was trashed.

They also have great prices on reloading supplies. The RO's can get snippy, I would to, if I dealt with idiots day in and day out. Some people can not follow simple rules.

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I was at Atterbury on Sunday and 3 guys show up on the 50 yd rifle lanes. Well they showed up during a live fire and one of them starts to walk down range to post his targets! He made it out about 5 feet past the red line and the ROs started yelling at him. And not only did he decide to walk down range during live fire, he had people directly to the left and right of him firing at that moment. These guys got in trouble multiple times while they were there.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    At Atterbury you can go there with nothing but your drivers license and money, and have a fun time shooting. Everything is there for purchase or rent. Everyone has their own opinion of the prices, but if it means anything, I go there quite often, and consider it well worth the money. :yesway:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    After you get done shooting at the rifle, pistol range, you can go up the hill and shoot a couple of rounds of trap or skeet also. Very convenient.

Dave

Top Bottom