• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accent man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    West side
    Interesting......I have done nothing wrong but ask a question. But some here are thinking I'm in the wrong. I was hoping the person that left it behind might belong to this site and speak up. Wouldn't have to be worrying about it. If I had left mine behind I doubt that I could sleep until it was found.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It's disappointing that it was left behind. What if a kid found it that hasn't been schooled on what to do? What if wasn't found by me that is law abiding and citizen with multi-state carry permit? My conscience is my guide and the police will have it soon.

It is disappointing it was left, for sure. Perhaps even more disappointing is that it was found by a person who felt they had to go to a forum where they are completely unknown to ask what to do with it. It appears to me the OP was hoping there would be an outpouring of advice to just shut up and keep it. "I swear Judge. They told me on INGO I could keep it". Some things just don't turn out the way you want them to. Assuming there is a thread of truth in any of this, it should have been in the custody of the police before the tale was related here.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Interesting......I have done nothing wrong but ask a question. But some here are thinking I'm in the wrong. I was hoping the person that left it behind might belong to this site and speak up. Wouldn't have to be worrying about it. If I had left mine behind I doubt that I could sleep until it was found.

You are in the wrong because you haven't turned it in yet. The owner didn't give you permission to keep it, so log out and call 911. If that is too much work for you I'll come get it and turn it in for you.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    OP, turn it in to the police with information about where you found it and at what time. You are not the person to decide if the owner should get their property back or not. It is their property and does not belong to you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It is held in the property room. If the rightful owner comes forward and the gun wasn't used in a crime while it was out of their possession, it will be returned to them.

Just curious here. Let's say it was me (it's not) who lost this and it was a gun I bought face to face off of here or armslist. I have no dealer record or transfer showing that I purchased it. I walked into the pd and try to claim it, would I get it back? Is it one of those "tell us the exact amount of money lost and we'll believe it's yours" type of things?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just curious here. Let's say it was me (it's not) who lost this and it was a gun I bought face to face off of here or armslist. I have no dealer record or transfer showing that I purchased it. I walked into the pd and try to claim it, would I get it back? Is it one of those "tell us the exact amount of money lost and we'll believe it's yours" type of things?

I would imagine you would need proof of ownership.

Top Bottom