• ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Call the police and turn it in. They can check it for stolen, enter it in the FBI files as a recovered gun (that way, if the owner finds it missing & reports it at a later date, it can get back to the rightful owner.) and also perform an ATF check on the last known owner. Keeping it is wrong and, if it is stolen, get your butt a criminal charge if discovered. "I found it." is not gonna fly when Officer Friendly gets a hit on "your" gun.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Call the police and turn it in. They can check it for stolen, enter it in the FBI files as a recovered gun (that way, if the owner finds it missing & reports it at a later date, it can get back to the rightful owner.) and also perform an ATF check on the last known owner. Keeping it is wrong and, if it is stolen, get your butt a criminal charge if discovered. "I found it." is not gonna fly when Officer Friendly gets a hit on "your" gun.

FFS, the OP is banned and long gone and the question has been answered 100 times. :facepalm:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Accent Man,
    You need to call the police immediately and report it.

Does this count toward my 50 quality post? :dunno: :ingo:

OP, did you find a wallet, too?

EDIT: so what'd the OP do to get banned? (other than potentially trolling).

Last edited:

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Were you a witness before the grand jury? I mean if guns were stolen by police and there was paperwork from the DUI stops, we know exactly who the police officers were and I assume official complaints were lodged.

No I was not a witness I personally know the 2 individuals mentioned. They did not report the firearms stolen as they figured their charges would be increased at the mentioning of having a firearm while intoxicated.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Reminds me of the refusing the breathalyzer thread... Question answered pages ago... why are we still going on about it.

Because sadly a fake found gun story is more entertaining than; which cal for CC, 40 vs 45, OC vs CC ,.223 vs .308, AR vs AK, dead horse conversations elsewhere.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Nail flyers to telephone poles and..............No, turn it into the Police.....cause there are now several of them that are hoping you do the right thing.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    ...and I see "accent man" now wears the "Shooter" badge of shame...

Probably for admitting to having 2 or more INGO accounts if nothing else.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I want to thank everyone for a very enjoyable thread. In 130+ posts it cut a pretty wide swath. You had the morality vs. self-interest aspect, the cop v. anti-cop. Of course you have the Noob to shooter bullet train. There were some very funny one liners and a random poke at one of our international members. Some tips for our dearly-departed OP for his next attempt. Perhaps you could start a thread about a lost dog that you have just fallen in love with and your moral dilemma about how much effort to put into finding the owner. Or maybe the dog could be open carrying an AR at the local burger joint. Yeah, that would do it. Don't forget to mention his friends were all CC because they are shifty-eyed hidy kinda folks, like all CCers. Just some thoughts. Or you could say Homeland Security saw the dog carrying and got him with a drone. Adding a political element always helps bring out the fire in people. Anyway, thanks for the thread and oh, by the way, let the woman pick her own damn gun...and just because you want to conceal doesn't mean you have to settle for a tiny carry gun. Use some imagination. Be flexible, adapt. Carry is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable...and no, I don't want to buy your LCP with the laser thingy and the 41 rounds you didn't use.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No I was not a witness I personally know the 2 individuals mentioned. They did not report the firearms stolen as they figured their charges would be increased at the mentioning of having a firearm while intoxicated.

Enlighten me. Is there a law against possessing a firearm while intoxicated?

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Enlighten me. Is there a law against possessing a firearm while intoxicated?

After looking it up no there isn't, I apologize for my assumption I had been told it was illegal and never bothered confirming it. Neither party inquired on the firearms for fear of increased charges. One guy had a ltch the other didn't. Both firearms where removed by LEO's and were not returned, maybe they are sitting in a property room somewhere........
    Is it standard procedure to remove a firearm from a vehicle before it's impounded or is it treated as any other piece of property inventoried and left in the vehicle.
    I'm not being a smart ass I'm seriously asking.

Top Bottom