• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Right! Who the hell needs the Coast Guard......among a few others (which I forget at the moment).

Edit: See behindblueyes list.

Tell me you are joking? The Coast Guard has been around way before the DHS was founded. Honestly, now they have a bigger budget. Many of their cutters where commissioned during WWII. Some where Navy hand me downs. They where in need of new cutters and new technology. Yeah, it's easy to play armchair quarterback.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I know we are talking about the DHS. On a different note though. I have a friend that works as a medic at Atterbury on the live fire range. He said he has seen units blow through thousands of rounds before they deploy. I don't mean training either, just so that they can keep it in their budget for the next year. If they don't use it up, then it's likely their budget will get cut the following year. That's how it works in the Military. Same goes for the DHS. Now, I don't see anyone *****ing and moaning about that. Or that the Military is going to kick down your door. I love how people read one report and freak out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom