• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    McD's serves ketchup by Red Gold and Golden State. 30 years ago, there was a tomato shortage and Heinz restricted shipments to McDonald's so that they could boost their more profitable retail supplies. McDonald's got ticked off and dropped them. Heinz has been trying to win them back ever since.

Probably some privately-owned franchises serve Heinz, though.

I never heard that Red Gold made the ketchup for McDonalds but I didn't work at the plant that made #10 can, bag and packet ketchup.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Anything but Heinz!! Won't support that family!
    I used to feel bad about buying Heinz products until I read this.
    snopes.com: John Kerry and Heinz
    The Heinz Trust is a very small shareholder in the Company since they sold off the vast majority of the stock in 1995.
    And Kerry's biatch wife was just a blood sucker since she got her money after her husband, H J Heinz III died in a plane crash in 1991.
    Old John Kerry, being the opportunist SOB that he is, married her in 1995.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    It's probably made by Heinz. :dunno:

McD's serves ketchup by Red Gold and Golden State. 30 years ago, there was a tomato shortage and Heinz restricted shipments to McDonald's so that they could boost their more profitable retail supplies. McDonald's got ticked off and dropped them. Heinz has been trying to win them back ever since.

Probably some privately-owned franchises serve Heinz, though.

All I know is that Fancy Ketchup is manufactured EXCLUSIVELY for McDonald's...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    All I know is that Fancy Ketchup is manufactured EXCLUSIVELY for McDonald's...

Yes, I believe that's true. McDonald's developed their own recipe for it. Golden State is the main manufacturer with Red Gold also supplying some of it.

I swear that McDonald's has their own Coke recipe, too. I've had lots of Coke maintenance technicians tell me they don't, but it tastes nothing like any other canned/bottled/dispensed Coke.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    i use to just grab handfuls of ketchup packets when i went to fast food restaurants and put them in my to go bag, but it seems like most now have that stupid pump and little cups now, pisses me off....

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    i use to just grab handfuls of ketchup packets when i went to fast food restaurants and put them in my to go bag, but it seems like most now have that stupid pump and little cups now, pisses me off....
    AH HAA!!
    SO YOU'RE the reason they went to those little cups. :draw:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I refuse to buy Heinz because of John Kerry!!!! :rockwoot:

We like Meijer's store brand organic ketchup or Private Selection Organic Ketchup from Kroger.

We're not snobs or organic people, I just like the taste of their less expensive ketchup.

Red Gold is acceptable.

But real men put hot sauce on their eggs and mustard on their hot dogs. :twocents:

^QFT^ :rockwoot:

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    We always used Brooks at home when I was a kid and I still do unless I'm using it to cook with (meatloaf, sloppy joes, etc) then I use whatever is cheap. I really like cocktail sauce (catsup, horseradish, and a squeeze of lemon juice) with my fries.
    brooks2.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This could be a completely separate thread!

...because everyone knows :rockwoot:Frank's :rockwoot: is vastly superior to Tabasco.
    ...although, I do like Tabasco green..
    I have to disagree... Frank's and Tabasco are equal depending on what they're being used on. They're both very good. But I do find myself using Frank's more often simply because often I just want a little kick, not the big kick of tabasco. I like the taste of Tobasco better but it's just a little too much kick for some things.

As far as ketchup, I prefer the cheap stuff. I rarely ever eat ketchup; I use almost exclusively my homemade BBQ sauce. I make it in large batches so I buy the #10 cans of cheap ketchup. Wherever you can use ketchup, you can substitute BBQ sauce.

But I do support Red Gold's other products if they're reasonably competitive on the prices.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom