2hs6ulw.jpg

Sweet, and a little spicy. Yum!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Sweet Baby Ray's and KC Masterpiece are better but If it has to be ketchup I like Heinz

Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce FTW :rockwoot:

Ketchup is alright but BBQ sauce is better. Heinz is probably what I'd prefer if I had to choose. Ketchup goes best with fries or hot dogs IMHO. Some ketchup and fries from In-N-Out Burger sounds really good right now.

I'm all about the Sweet Baby Rays as well!! They are my favorite BBQ sauces I've found so far. I keep at least one of almost every flavor in my fridge. And buy their Original sauce by the gallon to make pulled pork BBQ with :D

I only really use ketchup when BBQ sauce isn't available.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm waiting for the first tard that comes in and says they refuse to buy heinz because of john kerry.

:popcorn:

I refuse to buy Heinz because of John Kerry!!!! :rockwoot:

We like Meijer's store brand organic ketchup or Private Selection Organic Ketchup from Kroger.

We're not snobs or organic people, I just like the taste of their less expensive ketchup.

Red Gold is acceptable.

But real men put hot sauce on their eggs and mustard on their hot dogs. :twocents:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I refuse to buy Heinz because of John Kerry!!!! :rockwoot:

We like Meijer's store brand organic ketchup or Private Selection Organic Ketchup from Kroger.

We're not snobs or organic people, I just like the taste of their less expensive ketchup.

Red Gold is acceptable.

But real men put hot sauce on their eggs and mustard on their hot dogs. :twocents:
    I don't buy Heinz, not because of John Kerry, but because of his wife. I like, and use, Red Gold products, but for ketchup it's Brooks FTW.
    Eggs are only to be eaten with some form of hot sauce, and real men eat brats with spicy brown mustard and either kraut or grilled onions and peppers.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    McDonald's Fancy Ketchup!

I make sure to ask for lots and lots of ketchup each time I go to Mickey D's....Thanks McDonald's! :yesway:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    McDonald's Fancy Ketchup!

I make sure to ask for lots and lots of ketchup each time I go to Mickey D's....Thanks McDonald's! :yesway:

OMG I TOOK MY BIG MAC TO BURGER KING BECAUSE I LIKE BURGER KINGS KETCHUP BETTER THAN MCDONALDS' BUT THEY REFUSED TO ADD KETCHUP TO MY BIG MAC..... -1 BK.

Seriously though are you one of those guys that stacks up packages of condiments for use at home?I saw an episode of hoarders like that once.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Hats off to all you fellow Red Gold supporters. I used to work at one of the processing plants and literally made thousands and thousands of gallons of ketchup a week. They actually make a lot of private label ketchup that many of you have probably eaten. Sadly many of their products aren't even sold in Indiana. I never understood how that worked.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    OMG I TOOK MY BIG MAC TO BURGER KING BECAUSE I LIKE BURGER KINGS KETCHUP BETTER THAN MCDONALDS' BUT THEY REFUSED TO ADD KETCHUP TO MY BIG MAC..... -1 BK.

Seriously though are you one of those guys that stacks up packages of condiments for use at home?I saw an episode of hoarders like that once.

YES. I am guilty of that with McDonald's Fancy Ketchup. DON'T JUDGE ME! :cool:

Maybe if they bottled it and sold it then I would BUY it....but they DON'T! :p

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    +1 for Red Gold. All the tomatoe products we buy are Red Gold. They have a spaghetti sauce now too. Will have to try that spicy ketchup.

Red Gold has been making spaghetti sauce for a while now. They make many private label canned sauces, the Mama Cozzi (which is their formula of Prego) at Aldi, and also have a brand called Tutturoso which is growing on the east coast.

HUH???
    Maybe local Farmers!
    I live close to the Geneva Red gold plant and i bet (without counting or keeping track ) that every otheir semi is from michigan !
    And i use a brand of ketchup they make it is Special recipe!

The tomatoes come from Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Kentucky. Since there are three Red Gold processing plants they try to send the trucks to the closest plant but it doesn't always happen. This is why you see a lot of trucks from Michigan.

With out a thread jack do you all know that red gold has a stock up sale in the spring and fall !!

The cash sales they have are awesome. It's a great chance for people to get awesome deals on food.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's probably made by Heinz. :dunno:

McD's serves ketchup by Red Gold and Golden State. 30 years ago, there was a tomato shortage and Heinz restricted shipments to McDonald's so that they could boost their more profitable retail supplies. McDonald's got ticked off and dropped them. Heinz has been trying to win them back ever since.

Probably some privately-owned franchises serve Heinz, though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom