• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    An INGO member just picked up an original Finnish Knife from 1943 from me. It belonged to one of my customers Uncles who picked it up during the Winter War and never carried it, (he had another older one and kept this one for a spare). John and I were looking at it and when we looked down on the counter and we both had whiskers falling off. I have seen knives sharp enough to shave with, but never one that caused the whiskers to fall off out of fear.....:):

John called later that day and said his wife went to touch the edge and he yelled out, "Don't!!!!!":laugh:.

All joking aside it is the sharpest knife either one of us had ever held (and we have got a year or two on us..)

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    If it comes to aftermarket sharp well there are some out there that are insane but for productions blades I have to go with mora and spyderco. those companies sure know what they are doing!

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    If it comes to aftermarket sharp well there are some out there that are insane but for productions blades I have to go with mora and spyderco. those companies sure know what they are doing!

I would agree. My Spyderco Yojimbo 2 and the Breeden Rescue have a ridiculous factory edge on them.

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    Have tons of Spydercos and customs that were very sharp. But! The last Mora that I got (scandi grind) was insane sharp out of the box. Was very impressed for what is generally a "cheap" knife.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Have tons of Spydercos and customs that were very sharp. But! The last Mora that I got (scandi grind) was insane sharp out of the box. Was very impressed for what is generally a "cheap" knife.

It's only "cheap" because of the price, not because of the quality or the functionality........Mora knives are the best bang for the buck in the knife world. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Use my Havalon for skinning and boning. Of course it's sharp, it uses scalpel blades. but it folds like a pocket knife - very handy.

How do I demonstrate it's sharpness? I tell people these are the blades your surgeon uses.

rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    I sharpened this on a wicked edge sharpener.... If you look closely you can see a hair I whittled...Not sure how else to prove it's "sharpness"...
    20131004_215957_zpsd9444443.jpg

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Any older high carbon knife I own will be scary sharp after I spend some time on it. Ive owned several Marbles (old, pre 1930) that will pain-free dry shave arm hair and have sharpened several off brand old knives that surprise their owners. USA Old Timers will sharpen pretty damn wicked if you spend some time on em. I knew a guy who would put the flat of the blade on his stone and rub it while he was bored. After several sessions, the blade was much thinner and would EASILY sharpen to frightening precision. I also made an amateurish file knife with a friend (he still has it) that is pretty nasty. We made it out of a 14" mill bastard and ground it on a large disc sander. After grinding, it would shave 4lb test fishing line in half.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    my great grand fathers KABAR from WW2. i can remember as a kid he would get it down from the closet and unwrap it, sharpen, rewrap, and return it back to the box in his closet.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    not a carry knife, but my chicago cutlery chef's knife gets a fine edge. i usually stop short of its potential because it will dig into any cutting board i own. i need to get an end-grain rock maple board someday.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I suck at sharpening; I can get a passably decent edge out of my Spyderco triangle sharp maker.

Now the Feather razors I shave with? Those are probably the sharpest thing in Bartholomew county.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    This threads been running almost two years and when I see it I think of Bradsknives sitting at home going through knife after knife trying to find the sharpest so he can reply definitively. Sorry, off topic, but it makes me giggle every time I see this thread.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    When I hunted the Bitteroot Moutains in Montana my go to knife was the Mora. I lost so many of them I started buying them in high visability colors and they seem to last longer. Thats why the Name was given to me from my hunting buddies in the late 80s.

Top Bottom