What is this flag, and why is it flown above Old Glory?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Again, the flag code is not law. It is how our flag is supposed to be cared for and flown in a respectful manner. It may erk me that some people just put a flag up and don't know how to properly fly it, or care for it, but there is nothing legally I or anyone else can do about it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm not going to tell anyone where this house is.

Too many folks are willing to commit illegal acts should that be known.

-J-

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm not going to tell anyone where this house is.

Too many folks are willing to commit illegal acts should that be known.

-J-

Me too. I had one person PM me about the location with the intent to have a conversation with the occupant and attempt to educate them. I had no qualms about giving the location as I have no doubts on their character. The rest of you... :nono: :):

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    As far as it not being illuminated: I do think that both flags are taken down at night. I've looked in the AM when I come to work - just out of curiosity. I can't see even the shadows of the flags. Could be wrong, though.

last two nights they were flying proudly around 1am. I can't say much though as my outdoor spotlight is currently broken on my flag. Finally have a day off so I'll fix it today. I considered removing the flag since I can't light it at night, but I didn't want to give the impression to my neighbors that I wanted to remove the US flag. Flying a flag gets tricky as we've just shown. There's the correct way, and then there's the perception of those around you.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Me too. I had one person PM me about the location with the intent to have a conversation with the occupant and attempt to educate them. I had no qualms about giving the location as I have no doubts on their character. The rest of you... :nono: :):

What?!

If I did have any DET Cord, do you think I would waste it on cutting down some douchebag's flag pole.....:dunno:

OZESS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    valparaiso indiana
    IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA THE ONLY FLAG SHOUD BE OLD GLORY.YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN FIND YOUR OWN COUNTRY.IF YOU LIVE HERE BE WHAT THE FLAG STANDS FOR
    ITS FOR ALL.NO ONE IS SPECIAL WE ARE ALL THE SAME NO MATHER WHAT.WE LIVE WE DIE NO ONE GETTING OUT OF IT.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA THE ONLY FLAG SHOUD BE OLD GLORY.YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN FIND YOUR OWN COUNTRY.IF YOU LIVE HERE BE WHAT THE FLAG STANDS FOR
    ITS FOR ALL.NO ONE IS SPECIAL WE ARE ALL THE SAME NO MATHER WHAT.WE LIVE WE DIE NO ONE GETTING OUT OF IT.

Working hard for the 50 quality posts I see. :patriot:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What?!

If I did have any DET Cord, do you think I would waste it on cutting down some douchebag's flag pole.....:dunno:

Jeremy, we've never met but I see you as a gruff teddy bear. Sort of a Mitch Rapp from Vince Flynn's books. Fully capable to do the things you mention but not intent on destruction unless it's for an unquestionably good cause. Slamming someone's free speech clearly isn't that.

My little :nono: was sort of in jest

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell

Simmer down.

Not that you'll be back here.

I have mixed feelings over this issue. Obviously its disrespectful and my bet the guy is just a happy Mexican-American. I'm a British-American, even though I hate the hyphenated crap, but the guy probably doesn't know he is offending some people.

I am proud of my heritage and my Britishness but I am very happy to live here. I'm also intelligent enough to know not to disrespect the flag - something some people take to be a tangible symbol of your patriotism. Personally patriotism should live within you, and should be shown by your acts, not how big of a flag you can fly.

Anyone can go to the store and buy red white and blue nylon with stars on it... doesn't make you a patriot. Just like putting a Jesus fish on the back of your car doesn't automatically make you a good Christian.

I do love how a lot of people are quite willing to commit what I can only describe as criminal damage to this guys property for flying a couple of pieces of nylon (badly) on a pole outside the house.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Simmer down.

Not that you'll be back here.

I have mixed feelings over this issue. Obviously its disrespectful and my bet the guy is just a happy Mexican-American. I'm a British-American, even though I hate the hyphenated crap, but the guy probably doesn't know he is offending some people.

I am proud of my heritage and my Britishness but I am very happy to live here. I'm also intelligent enough to know not to disrespect the flag - something some people take to be a tangible symbol of your patriotism. Personally patriotism should live within you, and should be shown by your acts, not how big of a flag you can fly.

Anyone can go to the store and buy red white and blue nylon with stars on it... doesn't make you a patriot. Just like putting a Jesus fish on the back of your car doesn't automatically make you a good Christian.

I do love how a lot of people are quite willing to commit what I can only describe as criminal damage to this guys property for flying a couple of pieces of nylon (badly) on a pole outside the house.

:+1:

Stop making more sense than natural born Americans... It makes us look bad.

Actually, if you want my real opinion many of the current legal immigrants are more American than the lazy slobs who were born here into entitlement.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Actually, if you want my real opinion many of the current legal immigrants are more American than the lazy slobs who were born here into entitlement.

Their kids, though... :n00b:

Go spend a few weeks teaching at any of the city middle schools / high schools around here.

The "I'm going to work to make sure myself and my family are better off" attitude washes off quite quickly.

The "Asian" and African immigrants seem to hold on to that attitude MUCH MUCH MUCH longer than the others.

(The above is purely anecdotal from conversations with my middle school teaching wife)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Nothing like "Patriots" advocating criminal acts based on what a private citizen is doing with THEIR OWN property on THEIR OWN property. Losers.

mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Obviously they are proud of their Mexican heritage, and their country of residency.

Or its a secret message. The mehicans now have a flag to symbolize their rebellion. Better do seismic scans to check for an underground donkey road. This may be a safe house.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's my flag. It's hand painted over gold.

lgfibcow1546.jpg

Top Bottom