What is the end goal of neutering this countries police forces?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Here's a crazy idea... perhaps we could ask the police to refuse to cooperate with the plan by arresting people without killing them, then the whole darn plot will fall apart. :twocents:

Lest anyone think that I am taking the side of the rioters, which I no doubt will be accused of, I am just pointing out that the whole notion of some sort of plot sounds pretty silly in comparison to the idea that people are just responding to what has been happening. Whether the ideas have merit or not is another matter, but you will have a better chance of being listened to if you simply point out the flaws in the proposals rather than invent a conspiracy.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's a misguided liberal idea based in the belief that human beings are wholesome and good by nature. They would be the first screaming for help if it were to happen and the predators in our society had free reign to do what they want unabated.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's a misguided liberal idea based in the belief that human beings are wholesome and good by nature. They would be the first screaming for help if it were to happen and the predators in our society had free reign to do what they want unabated.

The mayor reminds me of a teacher in high school who, because of her world view, refuses to effectively deal with unruly students, and maintain a civilized classroom.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If they federalize the police then they can use them as a weapon against their political enemies just like they use the IRS.

Don't forget local politicians can do that too with local cops...remember that story that hit a week or two ago about the DA in Milwaukee (or somewhere in WI) going after Scott supporters?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Riots, you say? There have been hundreds of arrests. Not anarchy whatsoever.
    Well folks, there's the 'thinking' of the liberal mindset. Don't say you weren't warned! :laugh:

It's "Not anarchy whatsoever"! Apparently, it's 'just' rioting, and physically battling with law enforcement, and looting, and burning down citiies. :rolleyes:

NOW ya get a very clear idea of just how deep the deranged psychosis goes.

THIS is the lunacy that the sane folks are up against. :facepalm:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well folks, there's the 'thinking' of the liberal mindset. Don't say you weren't warned! :laugh:

It's "Not anarchy whatsoever"! Apparently, it's 'just' rioting, and physically battling with law enforcement, and looting, and burning down citiies. :rolleyes:

NOW ya get a very clear idea of just how deep the deranged psychosis goes.

THIS is the lunacy that the sane folks are up against. :facepalm:

Anarchy is the absence of government. Not the presence of crime.

Words have meanings.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Neutering? No, bridling would be more like it. I, on the one hand would like to see an epidemic of Blue Flu, on the other would not want the Decent citizens to be left to the will of the (nonexistent , according to the mayor) thugs.
    I am confident that the majority of the police are going to continue to work for the well being of the people, in spite of the calumny of the politicians and race baiters.

I had no idea that my city's police had been federalized. The cities are Fort Worth, Texas; Gary, Indiana; Stockton, California; Birmingham, Alabama; Minneapolis; and Pittsburgh.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anarchy is the absence of government. Not the presence of crime.

Words have meanings.

True, but inferring the effects of the absence of government isn't out of bounds.

But this wasn't so much an example of absence of government. It was an absence of enforcing that community's laws. I liken it to a high school classroom where there is a perception among students that all that keeps them from misbehaving is the teacher's presence. When the teacher steps out of the classroom, misbehaving kind of students misbehave. Even though the teacher stepped out of the classroom, there is still a principle, there is still a teacher. There are still rules. Those that can't behave themselves without supervision misbehave when no one enforces the rules.

When the protesters push the limits of civility and law enforcement doesn't try to enforce those limits, hey, the teacher has left the classroom. Let's **** **** up.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's a misguided liberal idea based in the belief that human beings are wholesome and good by nature.
    Except when it comes to gun control. In that case they feel that all humans have the capacity deep down inside to do evil things therefore no one should be trusted to own firearms.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    there would not be death or injuries if people would just obey the law, and not do stupid things when confronted by the police

What law was Freddy Grey supposedly violating????

I suppose this U.S. Marshall committing armed robbery on camera was clearly because this woman was disobeying the law and being stupid?

Marshal caught on video smashing Beatriz Paez's phone - CNN.com

I'm not in favor of neutering the police or anything like it, but there does have to be consequences for criminal behavior whether you are in uniform or not. Saying the dead guy was a bad guy too isn't exactly the justification the citizenry wants.

The populace has lost all faith in "internal investigations" and that isn't going to change in short term.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    There are so many things wrong with our criminal justice system right now. The sad thing is if people cared to learn and figure out whats wrong we could fix the system that has been going downhill since the 70's.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are so many things wrong with our criminal justice system right now. The sad thing is if people cared to learn and figure out whats wrong we could fix the system that has been going downhill since the 70's.
    Is there even a consensus for what's wrong?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    To answer the question posed by the OP, look at the Voting Rights Act, for example. It's a treasure trove, a veritable gold-mine of justified Federal meddling in the affairs of States. There was a time when institutionalized discrimination justified the Federal government reaching its tentacles down into the hinterlands and helping run these places' elections for them. Those days are (in my opinion) over, however, some of those states are still operating under a sort of consent-decree arrangement where they have to run things past the Fed.Gov before they can do it. The Left has perpetuated this situation, and will continue to perpetuate it, because it gives them power. When will this no longer be justified? When will the Fed.Gov end this arrangement and hand that power back? Answer: never. As long as there's an allegation that a white man gave a black woman a dirty look in a restaurant, there you go: there's still racism, and therefore, Uncle Sugar's meddling is still needed.

So here we go with the local Police, and the affairs of Municipal governments. (The twist is, in these recent cases, the cities in question have been run by Democrats for _decades_).

It's obvious in situations like Ferguson that this is all being trumped-up by activists. A man robbed a store, attacked an officer, and got shot like the dog he apparently was. Problem solved, in the minds of most of responsible, decent America. But you have a group of people with an alternative world-view who have to make something out of this.

This is all aimed at doing for cities, what the Voting Rights Act did to the states. Even though the "Bull Connors" running these cities mostly happen to be nonwhite, the Feds are hoping to set up an arrangement where local Police Departments have to ask Federal permission to change their rules of engagement regarding Tasers, seat belts, profiling, etc., etc., etc.

Maybe we're just better off to let it happen, hell, I don't know. I'm not real sold on the Fed.Gov's ability to make things better, without creating an offsetting, compensatory problem elsewhere. But what is to be done? I just hope for their sake, the residents of these places ask some really hard questions about how this social justice juggernaut of creating more Federal oversight is going to help Police in their primary job of making them safer from crime. They will be blasted sorry if the tail is allowed to wag the dog here, and we forget what Police are there for.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    LOL! Let me guess, YOU agreed with that one back then, right? (I know you'd never admit it now, since it didn't happen)

Happened frequently and I didn't buy into it anymore than I do the lunacy of those on the right who say the same about Obama. Just because you failed to pay attention back then doesn't mean it didn't happen. Here's a few from the glory days. Oh, wait...it didn't happen because littletommy wasn't paying attention...

The Existentialist Cowboy: Evidence That Bush Will Cancel Elections & Declare Martial Law
    What Would You Do If Bush Declared Martial Law? | Jane Smiley
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/...res-Martial-Law-Country-yawns-changes-channel

Top Bottom