• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think 4 posts in a row without someone else posting is a new record.

Can't wait until you start quoting yourself. . . lol

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Nick, Denny347's 870 doesn't technically "have to be" a dept. gun. I know that there are a few LEO's that have SBS's that are individually owned. Their "chief" can sign off on them and attach a letter stating that weapon can and will be used for "official" use.

The drawback is, is that down the road if the officer quits, fired or for some other reason is no longer an LEO, they either must destroy the SBS or put the gun in title 1 configuration and have it removed from the registry.

And before you say anything, YES, it is BS!

duh!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Enought of the jabber. I thought this thread started out as pictures of your best tacticool shotguns.
    Anyway, in the sperit of getting the pic's going again, here's a badly done photo of Epsylum's "work in progress" Saiga 12. Next step is some sights. He wanted to go the HK route, I've been thinking of having a rail installed and use a red-dot. What do the experianced shooters recommend?
    IMGP1593.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Enought of the jabber. I thought this thread started out as pictures of your best tacticool shotguns.
    Anyway, in the sperit of getting the pic's going again, here's a badly done photo of Epsylum's "work in progress" Saiga 12. Next step is some sights. He wanted to go the HK route, I've been thinking of having a rail installed and use a red-dot. What do the experianced shooters recommend?
    IMGP1593.jpg

Jim, Tromix has a new rear sight+rail unit comming out soon, it uses the H&K rear drum setup. The downside is you will also need to have the H&K front sight installed.

If the H&K sights are the route you want to take, I would wait until Tromix starts selling them and then contact Will @ Red Jacket and have him install them, more than likely Will will have the Tromix part as well.

Also, it was Eric's S12 that enlightened me to the Saiga 12 platform, after giving it a run at Eagle Creek one Sunday afternoon, I was really impressed with the gun.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Thanks Bigcraig. I am inclined to wait for Tromix because all the other mod's were done by them. I have a list of the work they did on the original go-round (Eric kept wonderful records) and they seem to make high quality stuff. I'll follow their website to see when it's available and go from there.
    I probably need to get togeather with some of you "tactical literate" guys about this Saiga and his AR. He's had a bunch of stuff domne to both and I don't even know how to clean and maintain them. I have purposly not shot either until I learn about how to care for them.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks Bigcraig. I am inclined to wait for Tromix because all the other mod's were done by them. I have a list of the work they did on the original go-round (Eric kept wonderful records) and they seem to make high quality stuff. I'll follow their website to see when it's available and go from there.
    I probably need to get togeather with some of you "tactical literate" guys about this Saiga and his AR. He's had a bunch of stuff domne to both and I don't even know how to clean and maintain them. I have purposly not shot either until I learn about how to care for them.

If I can be of any assistance, just let me know.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Some of us are just "old school tacticool":

tg.jpg

Missed it? It's those rifle sights on a smooth bore 870! I figure if it is good enough for Texas cops, it's good enough for me...

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Some of us are just "old school tacticool":

tg.jpg

Missed it? It's those rifle sights on a smooth bore 870! I figure if it is good enough for Texas cops, it's good enough for me...

Nothing wrong with that, Tech. I like it because it works. "All-purpose" is better than tacticool any day, and a gun that you know how to handle is better than one that looks neat.

Top Bottom