• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    i use Remington Golden Saber 125gr .38 special +P in my taurus 85 for everyday carry...for now until i can afford the 9mm i want, but i was just wondering what brand everyone else carries? i hear hornady is really great, i might have to try those.

I have a box of Golden Sabers 9mm....but I far and away prefer the Winchester Elite Supreme PDX1 bonded 9mm JHP. It's just hard to find. And for practice...I use the Winchester Whitebox 115 grain ammo (100 rounds) from Wally World. Seems to be a much cleaner ammo than the Selliers, Remington, or Federal.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Winchester PDX-1 in .40 along with the Speer GDHP all 180 gr, in 9mm, I use the Speer GDHP 124 gr +P.

Federal 9mm 115 gr & 180 gr .40 FMJ for practice.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Speer Gold Dot. I shoot them accurately and I have never had any kind of issues with them. Plus they are cheep when compared to some other "defensive" rounds when you get them in the 50 count boxes.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Got some gold dots for .45, .40, 9x19 and .380, but then I read that FMJ is the best you can do with .380, so that's how I'm loaded. For the range I use whatever FMJs I get a deal on in brass.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I have a mixture of Hydra-Shoks and original Black Talon. I recently bought quite a bit of Federal HST in several calibers and am transitioning to this.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    45, I carry Federal or Winchester, depending on the pistol. 9mm is all Federal, either HighShok or HyroShok. My current favorite 380 load is Fiocci, with XTPs, they have been 100% in my LCP, and I figure the XTP is the best option for good penetration while still expanding for the little cartridge. 38 special is Remington at the moment, but havent settled on anything for it at the moment. The wife is still searching for a favorite load in her 44, everything so far has only been for hunting/target practice.

Top Bottom