What Is The Best Deal You Have Gotten On A Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    1959. College student at the University of Idaho. Fraternity brother had a "box of parts" and I mean a box of parts. T'was a High Standard, 9 shot, 2 1/2" barrel, .22. I gave him a dollar (I think) for it. Another friend suggested I send it to High Standard - exchanged letters with said company - and I sent it to them. A month or so later I got the pistol back reassembled at no charge. Carried it for years as a rattlesnake gun while fishing and hunting. Still in my gun safe.

Second case. 1961. Brand new second lieutenant in the Marine Corps at Quantico, Va. Instructor suggested contacting (then) DCM regarding surplus 1911's. Long story short - got a Remington Rand M1911a1 for $27.00 plus a $5.00 shipping fee. Qualified with it every requal detail in my 23 years. Still in my gun safe in original condition. Also have the original receipt.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    $35 for a colt H Bar....Purchased it from a non profit agency....long story and don't want to post how on the internet........

Gave it to my son earlier this year and he told me Geeesh, its a $35 gun, could you do better than that

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    half you guys probably got your deals from me,lol.the worst deals i got were given to me.i have to keep them when they are given to me and thats a burden.i have quite a few in tenn. given to me over the years.after keeping the ones given to me,i started taking the ones i bought there also.i got probably twenty or so that i have to keep.i would rather pay a good to fair price than have the burden.

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    Got a Colt 1911 made in 1917 once for $100
    Bought a .45 Commando (semi auto Tommygun knockoff) for $100, a Universal M1 Carbine (with gold trigger,safety) for $100. Traded both off for a new S&W M 63 .22 Kit Gun and a new in box M 27-2 6" .357 and got some cash to boot!

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A LNIB Kimber Custom (non-series II) Heratige Edition for $650...off Gunbroker if you can believe it. The blueing on the slide rails was still immaculate.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Hotrodtba sold me a Marlin 60 for $30 and threw in a like new NEF 20ga. for free on a Norinco 56S-1 I bought from him.

What a nice guy!:D

I don't want to make money, I just want to sell guns. :D

Feel free to return the favor. :popcorn:

To stay on topic, most recent deal was a Ruger P95 for $199. Not a smoking deal, but decent nowadays.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Best deal I can remember was actually my first deal. I was about 8yrs old and Dad was going to get me my first shotgun for squirrel and rabbit. We went to the Sale Barn Saturday and I found a O.F. Mossberg and Sons Model 183 410 bolt action and I had to have it. Dad as the old fella how much and He replied since it was my first he would settle for $35. I had just been workin with my Grandpaw workin tobacco that week so I bought it myself. Wasn't nothing at all wrong with it finish or action wise except for it missing the green button under the safety lever. I still have the old shotgun and hate to count how many reds and greys it has taken over the past 20yrs.

I would say the next best deal would be the Bushmaster I got for trading a 4-wheeler for it. I got the 4-wheeler from a buddy for fixing his other one just like it and using it for a few parts. I only had about 6hrs worth of work in it and then traded the 4-wheeler I had to another buddy for a 16" XM-15A2.:rockwoot:

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana
    Went in on some you fix-em-up Yugo mausers with Nighthawk80, we were getting 3 for less than $150. We were hoping to maybe put together, from the parts, 1 maybe 2 guns. These were supposed to not have all of the parts, et missing bolts, sights, screws.

We received 3 excellent mausers with all of the parts and correct numbers. After a very intense cleaning, especially the bolts, we took them shooting. Man they are great shooters.

Basically, with free shipping, we ended up with each gun costing $49.95. This was two years ago.

Best deal we have ever had.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Beretta 96FS Free!! (hand me down from my dad). I think my all around best deal takes a minute to explain. I received a 50$ Bass Pro Gift card for christmas traded that for a 74 honda 250 motorcycle kept that for about 6 months spent no money on it and traded it for a like new 10/22 with extra factory stock and simmons scope AND a really nice Remington 550-1 .22 with a simmons scope!! I got the gift card from Dad and turned it into 2 rally nice rimfires!!:rockwoot:Dad was impressed!!
    Also just traded a 50$ single shot 12ga and 200$ for a 1974 winchester 94 30-30. I felt like i did ok on that too!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I traded a pioneer turntable for a Ruger MK1. Had $20 in the turntable.This was years ago when you could buy Ruger MK1 OR 11's all day long for $50-$100 and get a 10-22 for the same price. Yes those were truely the "good ol' days" , back when Ohbama was just a gleem in the milkman's eye.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    When my dad gave me his Mossberg 12-guage, 3-shot, bolt action shotgun with the cherry stock on my 18th birthday. Probably the most beautiful gun I've ever seen in my life.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom