What Is The Best Deal You Have Gotten On A Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Best deal I got buying one is no doubt the same one I regret letting go. In the early 90's at the Ft Wayne gunshow, I bought a 3 in colt python. it was marked " Combat Python " and was in great shape. I paid $ 400.00 for it and bought it from Tri State. Then about a year later, a friend saw it after he knew I rarely shot it and ask what I would take for it. Well, at the time, I wasn't shooting it and really had no need, so I let it go for what I gave for it. I have never seen once since and I rarely miss a show.

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    The best deal I ever got, I traded my ruger p95 even for a beretta 92fs that was mint. I don't think the guy knew what he had.

asquinton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    I picked up a Remington 7400 .30-06 "parts" gun for $180 bucks. It didn't have a trigger group. I picked up a nice trigger group and put it together. Come to find out the gun wouldn't feed because of a burr on the bottom side of the bolt that was digging into the cartridge in the magazine. I smoothed the burr up and the gun runs great now. It's a very nice piece and I have about $230 in it.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Bought a DPMS AR-15 a while back for about 300$. Guy tried it once, really didnt like it, and was willing to sell it for what it cost him to buy a WASR ak.

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Smith 686 and ithaca 37 police 12 ga for $400. pawn shop in denver. he also had a freedom arms in 450 casull at a stupidlly low price. should have bought it.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Dad and I won a Marlin semi-auto 22 in a raffle at a gun show once. I was probably 11 or so when it happened, so I was tickled to death. I traded a rough m1917 plus about three hundred dollars in cash for an all correct 5.9mil M1 Garand. I believe I paid $350 for the m1917, so all told ended up paying around $650 or $700 for the Garand. Best gun purchase I ever made. All correct rifles are worth $1k plus now.

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    After a bunch of internet scouring, I paid $606 for a PM9 with night sights (9093N). Still convinced that somebody made a screwup in pricing, but I'll take it.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I bought my first handgun (brand new glock 19) for $50 and a case of beer. A friend of my younger brother's got it as a gift from his uncle and he never shot it and didn't want it taking up room in his closet anymore.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    My best deal was last summer: a brand new, in the box and unfired XD40 with 6 mags, 400 rds of WWB ammo, two belt holsters (one Kydex and one Galco) and a leather (Galco) shoulder holster for $225. The story I got was that she'd caught him with another woman, kicked him out that morning, and was selling everything she could find so she could move back to her mom in West Virginia. Being a gentleman, I was only too happy to help her out and didn't even bother to haggle. I got a signed Bill of Sale and went happily on my way.
    After I got it home I found the receipt under the foam liner. The wife bought everything from Pop Guns as a present for her husband the previous month and she'd paid just under $1000 for everything.

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    hard to say which of these is the "best" deal

One time I took my uncle a snapping turtle I had found and he gave me a Browning Superposed 12 gauge.

I had a guy hard up for cash sell me a S&W 28 for $135. I tried to give him $200 but he wouldn't take the extra. I insisted on a transfer (back in the day when the local sheriff did the background checks and ran the serial # against the hot sheet) to be sure it wasn't stolen.

I got a S&W .32 hand ejector for $100. I was ignorant, didn't know what I had and when I found out it was out of time I traded it even up for an SKS (when Norinco's were cheap and plentiful).

I once got a S&W 17 6" blue in almost new condition with the box for $175 + transfer at auction.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Best Deal

My best "Deal" has been having two close friends who were avid gun collectors giving me several firearms at no cost before they died. When i get these firearms out i always think about my old friends. In both cases they knew i would take care of and appreciate them. I will do the same if my will is followed.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    I traded a used/abused sigma .40 (I kept in my boat) for a one time fired Ruger P90... Love my P90!

Top Bottom