What Is The Best Deal You Have Gotten On A Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    A pair of ARs I built from some Spikes Tactical stipped lowers.
    Spent maybe $600 total for everything needed for the assembly both,plus xtras.
    Don't think I can repeat that again anytime soon.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    :dunno: Well I did get a Marlin mod 60 for $65 older model with less plastic parts and stamped squirrels on it. Not a spectacular deal at an Auction but I got what I came for.

My ex's dad handed me an old Marlin just like that. A mid 70's with the 17 rd tube and stamped squirrels. The bolt was stuck open and it hadn't been cleaned in yrs. He says "If you can fix it, you can have it." Easy fix---> he didn't know there was a manual bolt hold open on those older models! She shoots like a dream and the price was right at $0.00!:rockwoot:

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    My Dad bought a Colt Diamondback 22 new in the box for 300.00! The guy was going through a divorce and didnt want his wife to take it from him. He also got a Brand new in the box Remmy 1100 for 200 bucks!

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    My mom gave me a G17 because it didn't fit her hand.

My Brother gave me a Springfield GI "because it's just sitting around".

Not bad for the first 23 years of my life so far.:D

LRHostetler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Back in 2002 I bought a LNIB fullsize HK USP .40 w/ night sights for $300. My buddy's dad gave me a Savage 93R17 back when the .17HMR first came out. Today I bought a Glock 26 with 50 rounds down the pipe for $350. I'd say I've gotten pretty lucky when it comes to getting deals on guns.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Without question the best "deal" I've ever got was my stainless Colt Mustang .380. Perfect condition, about 100 rounds thru it, box and all orig paperwork, for $400 last month. It was purchased from family but it's still a heck of a deal with today's prices.

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    picture.php

I found this Rossi Interarms saddle ring carbine 1st Edition Puma w/ medallion and low serial# in .44 magnum at Croy Creek Traders Fair this past weekend for $250. I found the same gun on gunbroker.com sold for $800 and another on gunsamerica.com for $900. I'm beginning to think I got a deal! :rockwoot:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Many years ago I picked up a small guitar amp for ten bucks because the guy needed beer money.

Traded it for a high end Swiss made custom mauser rifle in a odd caliber complete with dies and three or four boxes of once fired cases. The guy I traded with said his son bought if for him overseas and he only shot up the ammo that came with it.

Ended up trading that rifle to a guy that knew what it was for four other rifles. Every one worth about 200 bucks back then. That was in 1974.

For ten bucks invested, I think I came out pretty good.

Top Bottom