• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have found out on here....That unless a deal is hammered out quickly, the other person sees some other shiny new toy and backs out of said deal.

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    it dosent matter where you go or what you do there will allways be stupid people. some just lack knolage or experance, and some are just plain stupid! :bash: (like me I am one of the worst spellers around)

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    i know what you mean, my problem isn't trying to trade me when i wanna sell. just the opposite, I never really wanna just sell outright because i always would be offered low ball offers, but also because I normally don't want to get rid of a gun unless i really want another gun bad enough. So generally when i post up asking to trade I will even specify that i only want to trade.. in yet there has been a time when someone actually just flat out p'med me asking if i wanted to just sell it. it's like.... does anyone ever read the whole post and how it says WILL NOT SELL OUTRIGHT?? oh well s*** happens i guess. lol

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I dunno, people complain about "low ball" offers, when most of the stuff we see on here is pretty close to retail?

I mean seriously, most of the time I'd rather pay the extra $50-100 for a new gun that I know is brand new, especially if you're only talking about a gun in the $500 range. I don't know how many Glocks I've seen posted, with nothing on it for $500, when I can go to Bradis or Elmores and pay $495 for one...

Sure, I'll pay the tax on it, but I know the complete history of the gun.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I dunno, people complain about "low ball" offers, when most of the stuff we see on here is pretty close to retail?

I mean seriously, most of the time I'd rather pay the extra $50-100 for a new gun that I know is brand new, especially if you're only talking about a gun in the $500 range. I don't know how many Glocks I've seen posted, with nothing on it for $500, when I can go to Bradis or Elmores and pay $495 for one...

Sure, I'll pay the tax on it, but I know the complete history of the gun.

I think you're talking about a different kinda rash on the behind of the Exchange but, BOY, it is there!! :yesway:

No doubt... Glocks on here, no night-sights or anything, with "only 300 rounds" for five-hundred. What, last 1500 they were $460 new?? I don't get that either.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I think you're talking about a different kinda rash on the behind of the Exchange but, BOY, it is there!! :yesway:

No doubt... Glocks on here, no night-sights or anything, with "only 300 rounds" for five-hundred. What, last 1500 they were $460 new?? I don't get that either.

i asked a few folks that, while poking around for another 19........... i got the same answer from 3 people:

"well, this way you don't have to put your name on any gubmint papers!!!" :rolleyes:

:n00b::laugh:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I just kind of laugh of the stupidity of people sometimes. I am a bartender. I hear and see stupid [edited out by techres] every night from so-called "smart" people. I have my degree and people ask why I still do it. I do it for the entertainment. I personally enjoy when people post that they are willing to trade. You PM them and they don't respond whatsoever. A simple no or no thanks would suffice. Especially when they have a WTT listed in their offering. Just very rude. Or then some jackhole responds to one of your PMs and asks "Why did you PM me. What do you want" being all confrontational. Well because you listed WTT in your listing. I am just kind of tired of dealing with people on here too. I belong to 2 other boards and so far the people are a lot friendlier. The reason I joined INGO, because I am from Indiana and wanted to meet fellow Hoosiers. Maybe I am just ranting, so I will stop. Hope everyone has a good day:ingo:

Last edited by a moderator:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    couple days now

i have been looking at the firearms and ammo sections for a week tring to get a feel for slow down in buying and selling of firearms.what does someone expect if they list something for $100 or more than it books for.they are are going to get lower offers,just like if you say it is 85% condition then sell it like that not at the 100% or just get over the lower offers(just my :twocents:)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Dave, my daughter used to ask why there were so many stupid people. Then she realized how much money there is in stupid people, so she went to college and is now working on becoming a Neuro scientist and brain surgeon. The benefits of lots of stupid people is the unending supply of patients!

Hang in there, there are many of us who can read and do understand. It just seems that the clinton dumbing down of American worked!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I have not seen so many people that can't read an ad on here and when it says clearly no trades and no low ball offers am I deluged with dumbasses that won't look at the post? :dunno:

I have given products,money,time,sound advice,participated in many discussions,read tons of posts and purchased many items on here.I have forever given up on selling anything on this forum.:xmad:

I hear Don's Guns will take trade in and there's always an ad in the news paper.

Most internet messege boards function more like a flea market or garage sale.

Hope this helps you.

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    My question is this:

How come people think that they are going to get someone to trade a $600 gun for a $900+ gun? I know, I know, some of you are thinking, "Well, maybe some people are stupid enough to do that." Well, in my personal experience, most people that own $900 guns know what they're worth and (unless it's a special situation) aren't going to lose that much money on a trade. Just because someone says they might be looking for a specific gun, doesn't mean they are going to lose a [edited by VUPDblue] ton of money in getting one. If that was the case, they could just sell it and buy one!

It's down right disrespectful and it pisses me off.

Last edited by a moderator:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I had a fellow INGO memeber ( Who has since seen the BAN hammer )
    PM me about a peice i had on here , they said i have 2 guns on here to trade are you intrested ?
    I PM'd them back and said sure mine for both of yours i will , And honestly i would have been takin a small lose at his 2 for my 1 .
    we get to the point of setting up a meeting place and suddenly i get "No i cant trade both of mine for yours mine is worth this and that and yours isn't worth anything " so i told them fine deals off .. no problem i wasn't mad .. then he gets to sending me PM's on a daily basis wnting me to trade for his one gun worth about hallf of what mine was after a couple I told him i wouldn't even sell to them fro double my asking price they were not getting my gun .
    after another PM from them i just started deleting anything they sent me after a couple days they stopped shortly after i seen they got banned They must have been doing this to a few people .

I think everyone should have the right to own and carry a firearm but you just can't make me believe everyone has the intelligance to ....:patriot::patriot::ingo::twocents:

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    I would like to add another thing.

If you ARE going to offer a gun to trrade that's not close to the value of the gun you are looking to trade for, then PLEASE add a value on yours. If you do that, then you basically rule out the possiblity of someone thinking you are low balling them.

This is my practice, and I have yet to have a nasty PM regarding a trade.

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Good idea Cole. Why not just put a trade value price on it? I have seen it a couple of times in threads. This might be aqueation for the Mods because I have not seen it in any rukles section. Would it be OK to put a FOR SALE PRICE and the a FOR TRADE VALUE PRICE? Might keep a few tirekickers from responding.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    IMHO if you get a low ball offer and don't like it, then why don't you just say "Sorry, no thanks" and go on instead of bitching about it.

What really gets me the most is someone that prices a firearm at $300-$500 more than it was worth new and a few little accesories and get pissed and cry when some one offers them what IT IS WORTH!

Get over yourself people, it's like a car, it doesn't matter if it is NIB, like a car, once it leaves the lot the value goes down.

SO ALL YOU THAT WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A LOAD OF AR's, HAHAHA just cause you took it in the pooper with total intentions of giving it to someone else in the pooper, I hope your stuck with it!!!:flamethrower:

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    IMHO if you get a low ball offer and don't like it, then why don't you just say "Sorry, no thanks" and go on instead of bitching about it.

What really gets me the most is someone that prices a firearm at $300-$500 more than it was worth new and a few little accesories and get pissed and cry when some one offers them what IT IS WORTH!

Get over yourself people, it's like a car, it doesn't matter if it is NIB, like a car, once it leaves the lot the value goes down.

SO ALL YOU THAT WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A LOAD OF AR's, HAHAHA just cause you took it in the pooper with total intentions of giving it to someone else in the pooper, I hope your stuck with it!!!:flamethrower:

I agree to a certain extent, and I do message them back with the sorry no thanks or ask them what they value their gun. Then I'll give them my gun's value (if it hasn't already been stated). I don't go off on them. I think this thread is a place to release some of that "energy" without being a jerk to anyone in specific. I wouldn't consider that "complaining," just stating the facts.

I disagree with the comparison to a ca 100%. I don't believe it's like that in the slightest. When you put a $600 scope on a rifle, it's worth that much more, maybe a little less. Same goes with any other accessory. It will always add value to the gun. If you can't get that value out of it, get it back to stock and sell it that way and that's how I've done it in the past. Works good for me. That's my take on that:D

Top Bottom