• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Has happened to me literally 30 times. I'm talking about CL not INGO.

:+1: I have had my fair share of decent "wheelings and dealings" (as my mother used to call them) on craigslist, but not without a fair amount of stress on getting jerked every which way but loose when I'm selling something. The absolute worst was listing an old BMW K100LT I sold on there, my inbox was just overflowing with offers, all about $1000 short of my asking price. I had about $500 "wiggle room" in what I was willing to take from my listing price over my absolute bottom dollar price. I even told one guy that I'd light the MF'er on fire and watch it burn before I'd take his offer. And so is business, I've been around car dealerships for the last six years of my life, you get used to getting lowballed by people. It sucks, but that's just how people are accustomed to doing business anymore.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I loved the kick with bubblegum line.
    As far as trades go maybe some trades might be useful for you. Trade something not "popular" for something more marketable or easily sold. At a fair trade I mean.

Fair is a relative term though.
    Many people think a fair trade involves us taking a loss. It is the American way, doncha know.

Goodluck!
    I'll give ya two pieces of bubble gum a warm handshake and some belly button lint if that helps.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I see both sides of the issue...

Plenty of times when I've sold something, I've gone ahead and put "WTT" in the thread, too. Because, in all honesty, you just never know what will be offered. Could be something specific that you're looking for, or it could be something that, after it's mentioned, is now on your "gotta have" list.

It happens.

Granted, I mostly like to trade my guns for cash. Which, these days, is almost as good as money.

If I were to post something as Trades Only, I personally wouldn't be offended with a cash offer. And I certainly wouldn't be offended should someone say "If you decide on a cash price, please let me know". Is there really any harm done in either of the above?

-J-

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I have not seen so many people that can't read an ad on here and when it says clearly no trades and no low ball offers am I deluged with dumbasses that won't look at the post? :dunno:

:+1:

Just like in a similar thread I started I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I can only think of 1-2 times where someone didn't offer me a trade when I wrote no trades or some other general stupidity.

It's all good to me because it will save me gas money traveling to sell. I had extra ammo and components for guns I have sold that I was going to sell but too bad for someone...

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    1) Agree with Dave
    2) I'm one of the low posters and selling stuff guys but that's not why I came here
    3) Haven't had a problem with the items I'm selling yet
    4) Having been around BF a long time and knowing people from there I have tried to add to this forum and respect others.
    5)I try not to crap in my or somebody else's house but if/ when I do I'll man the f!@# up and learn from it
    Just my opinion but maybe we could report to mods the bs and they could take care of it up to and including banning? We are all big boys (& girls) so why not show a little respect to each other since we all want a good hometown feeling forum to go to instead of the in-fighting BS type of forums that are out there? I'm sure that the mods don't like taking all there time to settle disagreements and if it gets to be too big of a pain they can always say the hell with it and close the site! I for one would hate to see that happen.
    :twocents:
    Bob

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Unfortunately, we did have the hometown forum feeling. But then folks flooded in. Not all of them are bad, but couple bad times and a few (if not myriad) of bad apples, we get the workings of a terrible place. I would like to report all those who are messing around, but they still conform within the rules or arent violating any.

The mods want to keep as open a forum as possible. Their place, their rules, their extent of modding (even a word? :D ). They cant nanny everything here.

The hometown, hardware store feeling of the gun market as our parents have told us of or personally experienced is gone. Its all about money now, as we have fatted ourselves on the concept of selling for money instead of saving or working harder to get the gun we want. Too many folks want to rip others off. Funny thing is, the folks that are pulling off stupid things here aren't pioneers in internet crap, but they think they are. They think they are so damn intelligent and so much smarter than anyone else, not realizing they are just another in a line of crap that has oozed out of the woodwork. Folks participating here on a minimum basis only to sell their stuff, make their money, harass members with garbage offers should really just keep moving and go somewhere else.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Bob (flatlander.) You, I know. You, I would trust with my life, wife/kids, and money.

Btw- want my kids for awhile?? I'll come and visit 'em. ;)

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Bob (flatlander.) You, I know. You, I would trust with my life, wife/kids, and money.

Btw- want my kids for awhile?? I'll come and visit 'em. ;)

Are you REAL sure you want to trade them for 2 teenage girls, 1 teenage boy and a 21 year old male college student?:n00b: BTW, you get the bills along with the kids:rockwoot:
    Bob

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I've got my steel-toed boots and some Hubba-Bubba... who's ready to make a deal?
    banana2.gif

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    You know I trust you, Bob. No need for collateral on loaning my kids to you!

I can hear it now...
    Gabe- "Dad!! Uncle Bob let me shoot his neighbor's cat with a BB gun! It was COOL!!"
    Are you REAL sure you want to trade them for 2 teenage girls, 1 teenage boy and a 21 year old male college student?:n00b: BTW, you get the bills along with the kids:rockwoot:
    Bob

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    List an item for $500 and get $250 offers. Forget it. I sold it yesterday for asking price locally.F*ck the haters!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    LMAO..."But Uncle Bob lets me do it" has been heard more than once by parents:D
    C'Mon jennybird...it would be a great trade...just pick one of the kids and I'll even meet you 1/2 way!! Please????????

Bob

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    LMAO..."But Uncle Bob lets me do it" has been heard more than once by parents:D
    C'Mon jennybird...it would be a great trade...just pick one of the kids and I'll even meet you 1/2 way!! Please????????

Bob

You're a smooth talker, but I'm afraid I have all the teenage hormones I can handle right now. :rolleyes:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Price it right and hold out till you get it

I have not seen so many people that can't read an ad on here and when it says clearly no trades and no low ball offers am I deluged with dumbasses that won't look at the post? :dunno:

I have given products,money,time,sound advice,participated in many discussions,read tons of posts and purchased many items on here.I have forever given up on selling anything on this forum.:xmad:

I research the market and what is a fair price for what I am selling and post it and wait. The way I figure I am making 2% on my money in the bank so if it takes a year to sell a gun or accessory and make a 10% or more profit I am way ahead of the game. Some items are harder to sell than others but everything sells sooner or later; you just have to wait for the right person to come along that is looking for what you have to sell.

Personally I do not have a problem with people looking for a deal as long as they don't act stupid about it. Example; I finally started getting in some Ruger LCP's I have had on back order for months. I am not going to ask retail for them but by the same token I am not selling them at bargain prices either. If they don't sell on INGO they will sell on Gunbroker or some other auction site. Market sets the price for everything.

I agree if you post no trades people should not be offering them but there is nothing wrong with people asking if you will discount your item a little more or throw something else in. We all know how to say thanks but no thanks.

Most of the people on INGO are really nice folks and great to deal with; fortunately I have not run into one person yet when making deals that I have not enjoyed working with. I can't say the same about some of the posters but like anything else 90% of the posts are made by a very small percentage of the members. Same with the few problem people on the classified forum; a few bad apples should not be allowed to spoil your ability to utilize the classifieds. :twocents:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Low ball offers don't bother me, I just ask if there is a stupid sign on my back. Bargersville flea market has got to be the capital of low-balls. Take a Browning A5 there to sell and someone will offer to trade you a Moss 500 for it. I love to take a high end shotgun down there and tell the gun dealers that I just bought it for $100 from some guy in the parking lot. Low ball dum a--es are jut a part of the game. After all, just cause you like guns doesn't always mean you are ready for Mensis.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Cheer up, sad panda!

It is frustrating, but at the price of free it is probably worth it. I think anytime someone posts that they need money, are losing their job or are in a pinch that they are suckers for selling their schwag at next to nothing prices... this just isn't always the case.

I haggle for most things I buy... it's smart and it has probably allowed me to buy a lot more of the things I like because I don't live "normally" by paying retail. I also play and pay fairly though.

Hang in there, KokomoDave.

Top Bottom