• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have not seen so many people that can't read an ad on here and when it says clearly no trades and no low ball offers am I deluged with dumbasses that won't look at the post? :dunno:

I have given products,money,time,sound advice,participated in many discussions,read tons of posts and purchased many items on here.I have forever given up on selling anything on this forum.:xmad:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    dave, i'll buy from you... well.. i'll send my wife.... see gets teh better deal outta ya!!!

:)

there is always "those guys", my friend. call you on wednesday.

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Wow if I cried everytime someone low balled me or insulted me with an offer I would never sell anything on here. It's part of selling something, I expect it.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Wow if I cried everytime someone low balled me or insulted me with an offer I would never sell anything on here. It's part of selling something, I expect it.

i think he is refering to a RECURRING theme. lack of situational awareness. when you say: "no trades, i'm laid off and need the money." and some douche sends you THAT message: "i will trade you a kick in the dick and some bubble gum." or mulitpule messages.

or "if you drop your price to $XX i willl buy it." and after you POLITELY tell them "no" they continue to bombard you with retarded pm's.

and Dave is as giving a person as anyone on here will EVER met. EVER. to bust him out on "crying" is tantamount to calling the NRA antigun. its just not how it is.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i know what you mean Dave. CL is even the worse. if the ad says OBO or "make me an offer", fine. but i admit i do get irritated when i ask, say $400 and someone offers me $200.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    i think he is refering to a RECURRING theme. lack of situational awareness. when you say: "no trades, i'm laid off and need the money." and some douche sends you THAT message: "i will trade you a kick in the dick and some bubble gum." or mulitpule messages.

or "if you drop your price to i willl buy it." and after you POLITELY tell them "no" they continue to bombard you with retarded pm's.

+1 :yesway:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

or "if you drop your price to i willl buy it." and after you POLITELY tell them "no" they continue to bombard you with retarded pm's.

and Dave is as giving a person as anyone on here will EVER met. EVER. to bust him out on "crying" is tantamount to calling the NRA antigun. its just not how it is.
    Now THAT'S what I call a character reference!:twocents:

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Ok cried might have been the wrong choice of words my apologies. I guess I have just grown accustomed to getting the "kick in the dick and some bubble gum" offers.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I have not seen so many people that can't read an ad on here and when it says clearly no trades and no low ball offers am I deluged with dumbasses that won't look at the post? :dunno:

I have given products,money,time,sound advice,participated in many discussions,read tons of posts and purchased many items on here.I have forever given up on selling anything on this forum.:xmad:

INGO has about 4000 members, correct? Have you ever seen a high school with 4000 students that did NOT have a couple of short buses in their fleet?

:)

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Low balling is one thing, but when I post something and it say "Absolutely no trades" I mean it. Then it never fails there is always that "one guy" who sends that message.... "If you decide to trade let me know" or, " I have this to trade if you are interested." I feel your pain, but thats how it goes I guess.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    both ways

well i know i dont like the kick in the dick offers any more than the next guy,but most everyone has tried it at one time or another in their life.i have just learned to take the good,the bad and just forget about the ugly lol:cheers:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Dave just send them pictures of your Krein (sp?) knife and tell them to HTFU!

Don't let weenies stop you from buying/selling!! :ingo:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I 100% agree with you KokomoDave!

A few things lead to our current situation:
    1. Folks losing their jobs: This is on both sides. Johnny Hilljack wants to get your gun, but thinks, hey, he lost his job, he'll cave for less money because he wants it badly. Also, Johnny Hilljack may have lost his job, wants to get something for nothing. Stupidity in both situations.
    2. More and more folks flooding the forum: I used to be a member of Hoosier Topics. Worst place in the world. We are the high class bar in town, compared to the dive they are there (dont believe me, check it out sometime). Think the low ball offers here are bad? Post a decent item at a good price there. I was offered 100 bucks on a Glock 19 I had there. More than once. Lots of the folks, either from other forums (like Hoosier Topics) or new to the internet are coming in (could be good or bad). In your case, this is a bad thing, the influx is dilluting the general population with more and more abusive and corruptive influences. There is nothing we can do about that.
    3. I see more and more "bargain hunters" popping up. I wont name a name, but someone was trying to sell their gun in the handgun forum (as opposed to the actual classifieds) as their first post. All that night, I saw nothing but short answers to questions (only parroting what someone else had said). After 10 posts, guy was posting in the classifieds. These people have flooded me with crap trades or offers for things I have tried to sell.

In regards to trades, I understand (and eschew!) the concept of the "functional trade". I have traded a few firearms that may not be equivalent in cash value (mine may be more expensive cash wise), but the other gun is similar in function in my life. But, too many folks are coming to this board thinking their stuff is top notch. We have been given a great gift, a gift of intel (not intelligence! :D ). We have more points of view and more information than others do as we are connected to the source for this info. But many others have not, or refuse to acknowledge such information exists. They either dont know or want to make a buck, thinking that we are just another uninformed member of the community, or in your case, they think you are desparate (and in that case, dont show them ANY shame, sell it for what its worth).

All in all, I dont care what the other person thinks, ANY lowball offer is a slap in the face, especially if it is from an established member. Low post all stars think I am stupid and established members should know better.

Rant off! Where is that switch?! Ive never seen so many switches! Rant off damn you!

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    i know what you mean Dave. CL is even the worse. if the ad says OBO or "make me an offer", fine. but i admit i do get irritated when i ask, say $400 and someone offers me $200.

Has happened to me literally 30 times. I'm talking about CL not INGO.

Top Bottom