• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    One can only assume that the (1st post) OP was made by someone to somehow use INGO for their own controversial agenda. :dunno:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudy has an interesting take on BLM:

[video=youtube;31HJ5z7GAZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31HJ5z7GAZE[/video]

No doubt about it and possibly even a current INGO member. Certain people are only here to try and push this stuff in our face every chance they get.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not surprising, but here is more bias. Why are programs meant to lend a helping hand, and eventually referred to as "handouts," included with a discussion about BLM? Fact of the matter is many of you think this way from the get go, without knowing anything about the people at these protests.... Other than that the majority are black.

There's a belief among many that welfare and the like created the following chain, with each step leading to the next:
    1) Welfare has systematically destroyed the black family.
    2) The destruction of the family unit, primarily by removing the father, leading to a moral breakdown and a "dependence" culture.
    3) The moral breakdown led to increased crime, often with economic motivations (ie, dope dealing) in the absence of moral guidance and legitimate economic opportunity.
    4) The drug trade led to increased violence and increased interactions with law enforcement, as well as more incarceration, which exacerbates #2.

And the whole thing keeps cycling through in a spiral. Bringing up welfare and the like isn't as simple as saying "all those black people protesting must be on welfare" but can be an acknowledgement of the above beliefs that the core issues they are supposedly protesting have roots in the welfare system.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would remind Kut that I referenced this incident earlier in another thread, emphasis will be mine From: The bullies of Black Lives Matter - The Globe and Mail

"You’d think, just weeks after the slaughter in Orlando, that they might have chosen to cede the spotlight to the dead and wounded, who really were under attack. But no. The Black Lives Matter activists are firmly convinced that they are at the very top of the pyramid of oppression. Only after the parade’s executives meekly agreed to all of their demands (basically, more money for their projects) did they allow the show to go on.

Most of these demands were harmless. But one was not. BLM insists that the Pride Parade has to kick out the police floats, which have been a popular staple for years. This is wrong, and sad, and bad. Police participation in the parade is a welcome symbol of solidarity and inclusion – and also an important message to the public that gay people exist in every walk of life. But BLM activists loathe the police, who, they believe, are racist to the core. So they have to go. (Side note, for what it’s worth: Toronto’s police chief is black.)

The short history of Black Lives Matter in Toronto proves that so long as you’re the victim group du jour, bullying and intimidation can win you obeisance from officials, to say nothing of reverential coverage in the media. When they staged a sit-in outside police headquarters to protest police racism, the Toronto Star depicted them as freedom fighters. After they demonstrated outside the home of Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne, she met them on the steps of Queen’s Park and declared, “I believe we still have systemic racism in our society.” When they accused the city of racism for shortening the schedule of an African music festival (the neighbours had complained about the noise), the city hurriedly restored it. In response to their demands, both the city and the province have called for investigations into the racist practices of the police – despite the obvious fact that Toronto is one of the most racially peaceable cities in all of North America.

We’re not problem-free, of course. There are the usual controversies over random stops by police, and to what extent these stops amount to racial profiling. The police recently killed a mentally disturbed man who was black (although there’s no sign his skin colour was a factor). These issues are worth discussing. But we’re not Ferguson, or anything like it. By pretending that Toronto is just another racist hellhole where police routinely gun down black kids, the Black Lives Matter folks do not create a useful forum for discussion. Nor do they pay much attention to the black kids who are gunned down by other black kids. Don’t those lives matter, too?"

So. Protesting in another country, governed by different laws and a different legal system, and by no stretch thought to be anything like the conditions they assert that they are protesting

Sounds like a shake-down to me

Nice parade you got here. It would be a shame if anything happened to it

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is the type of bias I'm talking about. Hear it enough, and one starts to believe it.

No Bias here. I speak the truth. BLM Members have been abusing a Government program that was in place to help people in real need, not able bodied greedy ****s that refuse to work because the man is keeping them down. I get my info from interviews and reports from them, since they first appeared.

Maybe people think I'm painting them with "Broad Strokes"- Well I'm using a big ass brush that I bought with my own money and paint that I purchased myself as well. No handouts.

#MyLifeMattersB****

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would remind Kut that I referenced this incident earlier in another thread, emphasis will be mine From: The bullies of Black Lives Matter - The Globe and Mail

"You’d think, just weeks after the slaughter in Orlando, that they might have chosen to cede the spotlight to the dead and wounded, who really were under attack. But no. The Black Lives Matter activists are firmly convinced that they are at the very top of the pyramid of oppression. Only after the parade’s executives meekly agreed to all of their demands (basically, more money for their projects) did they allow the show to go on.

Most of these demands were harmless. But one was not. BLM insists that the Pride Parade has to kick out the police floats, which have been a popular staple for years. This is wrong, and sad, and bad. Police participation in the parade is a welcome symbol of solidarity and inclusion – and also an important message to the public that gay people exist in every walk of life. But BLM activists loathe the police, who, they believe, are racist to the core. So they have to go. (Side note, for what it’s worth: Toronto’s police chief is black.)

The short history of Black Lives Matter in Toronto proves that so long as you’re the victim group du jour, bullying and intimidation can win you obeisance from officials, to say nothing of reverential coverage in the media. When they staged a sit-in outside police headquarters to protest police racism, the Toronto Star depicted them as freedom fighters. After they demonstrated outside the home of Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne, she met them on the steps of Queen’s Park and declared, “I believe we still have systemic racism in our society.” When they accused the city of racism for shortening the schedule of an African music festival (the neighbours had complained about the noise), the city hurriedly restored it. In response to their demands, both the city and the province have called for investigations into the racist practices of the police – despite the obvious fact that Toronto is one of the most racially peaceable cities in all of North America.

We’re not problem-free, of course. There are the usual controversies over random stops by police, and to what extent these stops amount to racial profiling. The police recently killed a mentally disturbed man who was black (although there’s no sign his skin colour was a factor). These issues are worth discussing. But we’re not Ferguson, or anything like it. By pretending that Toronto is just another racist hellhole where police routinely gun down black kids, the Black Lives Matter folks do not create a useful forum for discussion. Nor do they pay much attention to the black kids who are gunned down by other black kids. Don’t those lives matter, too?"

So. Protesting in another country, governed by different laws and a different legal system, and by no stretch thought to be anything like the conditions they assert that they are protesting

Sounds like a shake-down to me

Nice parade you got here. It would be a shame if anything happened to it

I'll have you note, that I addressed the BLM movement in the United States. The BLM movement in Canada IS an organized body, with a founder and chapters. Further, while similar, the Canadian version of BLM views itself as "two very different streams here than you find in the United States." So essentially, in this thread, your post is off-topic.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Then I stand corrected. I have read some material on (on twitter, unfortunately) referencing them as the Toronto chapter of #BLM without referencing two different branches sharing the name

Could you cite, plz ( not because I doubt you but because I wish to read more about it)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No Bias here. I speak the truth. BLM Members have been abusing a Government program that was in place to help people in real need, not able bodied greedy ****s that refuse to work because the man is keeping them down. I get my info from interviews and reports from them, since they first appeared.

Maybe people think I'm painting them with "Broad Strokes"- Well I'm using a big ass brush that I bought with my own money and paint that I purchased myself as well. No handouts.

#MyLifeMattersB****

No, that's bias. You're trying to imply that BLM members are welfare recipients, but offer nothing to back that position.... other than them being black, of course.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    BLM needs to spend more time in the communities that are loosing more black life's then all other places combined. when I see a BLM group holding a march in the murderous areas of Chicago I will give them some credibility.

I am not saying that all of that group are thugs. They but have allow thugs to migrate in to their movement. They need to push away the thugs that call for murder of cops. When I see less of that from the guys with the BLM signs and T-shirts I will give them some support and credibility.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    No, that's bias. You're trying to imply that BLM members are welfare recipients, but offer nothing to back that position.... other than them being black, of course.

Do you honestly believe that the majority of that group are gainfully employed and or professional people or even contributing members of society? If they are I want to hear more from them and less from the ones that call for murder. Those people need to be the face of BLM.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There's a belief among many that welfare and the like created the following chain, with each step leading to the next:
    1) Welfare has systematically destroyed the black family.
    2) The destruction of the family unit, primarily by removing the father, leading to a moral breakdown and a "dependence" culture.
    3) The moral breakdown led to increased crime, often with economic motivations (ie, dope dealing) in the absence of moral guidance and legitimate economic opportunity.
    4) The drug trade led to increased violence and increased interactions with law enforcement, as well as more incarceration, which exacerbates #2.

And the whole thing keeps cycling through in a spiral. Bringing up welfare and the like isn't as simple as saying "all those black people protesting must be on welfare" but can be an acknowledgement of the above beliefs that the core issues they are supposedly protesting have roots in the welfare system.

If one has the belief that welfare has destroyed the black family, then what has it done to the white family. Blacks and white, almost equally, account for 80% of welfare recipients, and yet blacks are well more represented in poverty. Why does what holds true for one, not hold true for the other?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How do blacks and whites equally account for 80% of welfare benefits yet blacks are more impoverished than whites? That math doesn't compute.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you honestly believe that the majority of that group are gainfully employed and or professional people or even contributing members of society? If they are I want to hear more from them and less from the ones that call for murder. Those people need to be the face of BLM.

Do you not? If I said 20% of that crowd, or any BLM crowd, solely taking into consideration the black people, that would still leave the overwhelming majority as employed at 80%. Now, if I took the actual number of black unemployment, 9%, that number would be increased by a sizable degree.
    The fact that you had to ask that question, and question if the are "contributing members of society," spotlights your bias. That's not a knock, because you are hardly alone, and many people believe as you do... that black people don't work, don't contribute... it feeds your negative outlook. But I gave you a solid stat... 9%. You can either dismiss it, or come to the realization that many of the thing you think you know, you may have been incorrect about.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If one has the belief that welfare has destroyed the black ilfamy, then what has it done to the white family. Blacks and white, almost equally, account for 80% of welfare recipients, and yet blacks are well more represented in poverty. Why does what holds true for one, not hold true for the other?

It's not exclusive to black family's. Welfare dependence is a issue for all races. It's destroyed many family's.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Do you not? If I said 20% of that crowd, or any BLM crowd, solely taking into consideration the black people, that would still leave the overwhelming majority as employed at 80%. Now, if I took the actual number of black unemployment, 9%, that number would be increased by a sizable degree.
    The fact that you had to ask that question, and question if the are "contributing members of society," spotlights your bias. That's not a knock, because you are hardly alone, and many people believe as you do... that black people don't work, don't contribute... it feeds your negative outlook. But I gave you a solid stat... 9%. You can either dismiss it, or come to the realization that many of the thing you think you know, you may have been incorrect about.

He was talking about BLM member….didn't see where he referenced all black people…..I think your full of bias now….because thats how you chose to see it. IMHO you should reflect on your own words….could be your incorrect in your thinking as well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    40% is equal to 40%, not greater.

I skimmed the article. So impoverished blacks tend to live in areas with a higher concentration of poverty than whites. So what? Oh yeah, that's racist.

This is exactly the kind of liberal bull**** that drives me up a wall. The liberals believe that everyone has the "right" to live in a nicer neighborhood. That is utter crap. People who live in nicer neighborhoods earn the ability to do so. I've heard people crying before about when blacks move in, whites move out. Must be about the color of their skin, right? Couldn't possibly be that people by nature tend to gravitate toward others similar to themselves.

Like I mentioned before, I live in a diverse neighborhood and 98% of the folks in my neighborhood take pride in their homes. They mow their laws, maintain nice landscaping. We have a few who don't though and no one can make them do it. I supposed if someone who didn't want to live like the rest of the neighborhood moved in next door to me and let their house go to **** it would be racist if I put a for sale sign in my yard, right? Couldn't possibly be that I simply don't want to live next door to a ****hole regardless of who lives in it.

Some in our society need to spend a bit more time chasing the dream rather than crawling around on hands and knees searching for something new to ***** about. I don't have time for it myself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He was talking about BLM member….didn't see where he referenced all black people…..I think your full of bias now….because thats how you chose to see it. IMHO you should reflect on your own words….could be your incorrect in your thinking as well.

It's not how I choose to see it, it how it's seen. In most instances, on this website, concerning black people there is a almost universal belief: Their children are out of wedlock, they didn't have a father around, they don't work, and they speak in ebonics. I've seen it enough here, that I feel comfortable in my belief that most people believe there is little to no difference between the BLM movement, and black people in general. You are free to disagree.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom