jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm going with Kut on this one. Ban Bug! :rockwoot:

Hating Jazz is bad enough, but hating baseball is anti-Murican.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lol...no. Baseball is an hour and a half of play stretched into 162 excruciating games...

Thank you. Sandwiched between the Indians and the Reds, I cringe every time I hear about 'The [Ohio team name here] are leading their division' and think 'yep, and only 143 games to go'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey. You guys don't have to be "American" if you don't want to be. Not everyone is cut out for that.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Modern country music sucks. It's processed soulless garbage.

I saw a thread on Reddit where someone programmed an algorithm that wrote country songs...the verses were predictably gibberish, but many of songs had solid architecture and a passable hook.

Ill try to dig up the thread...

That "algorithm" made the down payment on my first house! Today, a chimp could do it. If they'd released a saleable version of ProTools ten years earlier...I'd probably still be living in an apartment.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Classical/Baroque. Real Jazz. Classic Rock. Those are the only genres of legitimate music. So says Jamil.

No, no, no...the primal forms are 1) Classical, 2) Old Time, and 3) Sousa Marches. Everything in the world of music can be resolved from these three primary colors. You can look that up.

Geez, I just pulled it off the net. I didn't look hard for something you'd like.

That music really talks to me. ("We are experiencing extremely high call volumes...")

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hey. You guys don't have to be "American" if you don't want to be. Not everyone is cut out for that.

And people want to talk about "assimilation."After college football, no other sport can get as big an emotional response from me than baseball.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Grew up on Brubeck. Nice listening, but kinda 'white bread' jazz...

Davis *****es Brew /thread. It's Amazing that he went from probably the most well known and definitive jazz album ever (Kind of Blue) and goes 180 with *****es Brew... hellava thing, drugs.

If you guys don't have Kind of Blue, you're a jazz listener, not a fan.

[video=youtube;kbxtYqA6ypM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbxtYqA6ypM[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Grew up on Brubeck. Nice listening, but kinda 'white bread' jazz...

It is. It was the first jazz tune I could think of that seems to irritate jazz haters. The standard pop mantra "it has a good beat that I can dance to" just doesn't work for 9/8. Either you dig it or you don't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom