• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmorrow23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Good luck is all I have to say, preparation is more that 95% of self defense, without it, your a sitting duck subject to circumstance. "I make my own luck," Two-Face.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    I would hope that my rot would not let them get far because sometimes my :poop:s take a while depending on what's been eaten. If she did let them pass, and I had no firearm on / near me, I would probably throw some :poop: at them and hope for the best. At least buy me a couple more minutes as to not have some severe swass / mudbutt when I die.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I visit the crapper with my .45 holstered on my pants. And in time of gun cleaning or transporting back to various hideyholes and nature calls, those guns come with me too! I would feel real bad for someone trying some sh*t while I'm takin a sh*t lol there are three times you dont screw with someone 1) eating 2) sleeping 3) takin a dump.

davebone42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Its funny that you come up with this specific scenario... as my front door opens up directly into my bathroom. (obviously i thought it was a design flaw, but now i think the architect may have had this situation in mind) :rockwoot:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Heh, the master closet is accessed off the master throne room. The master closet contains a wonderful and varied selection of goodies. I'd pinch it off, mount up, and respond accordingly :draw: :ar15:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I have been thinking about it and I have found the answer to bathroom defence!
    Have a switch to engage a turbo fan to quickly vent the bathroom air into the hallway, and another switch that fires the igniter positioned outside the bathroom door.:D

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I used to leave a crappy gun in the crapper... no really, it is a Raven .25

Always on top of a cabinet in there. Problem was that I never checked on it. I knew it was there, kids couldn't get it and that was that. Only meant to buy time for me to get to a better firearm. Well I pulled it down to clean the dust off of it only to find that the finish was messed up on one side. From all the moisture in there as even with the fan my family steams the place up.

I have since removed it, for now, and am trying to decide on a better storage plan. Maybe ziplock baggie for a small pistol? I can oil it up but that will just add to the dust collection. Need to keep it out of sight in case we have company over with little ones.

Until then I just take a pistol in with me. I get odd looks at times, but oh well. If I am still in jeans I have a carry gun on me. Sweatpants or shorts don't allow that. Wearing thunderpants when doing this type of paperwork doesn't work well either.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    This thread is good. It is making me think about all of the situations I am vulnerable in.

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    I know alot of people sleep naked, but i always have some type of clothing on when i sleep, and my shoes are always next to the bed, just in case i need to get up quickly..No one wants to see the naked guy

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    If I'm going in the master bathroom, I'm close to my safe.

The second bathroom would pose an issue. Maybe a wall safe with a ppk or similar is a good idea.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My attire has no meaning for me if I am holding a firearm in defense.

Now I will agree to shoes so I don't step on broken glass or whatever.

Let them be distracted by the naked fat guy... dead men tell no tales.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So, how prepared are you?

You are at home alone at night, you have just eaten dinner and perhaps had a few beers. You go in to your bathroom to take a big...break. This particular break is extra time consuming and your thoughts wonder (this is actually where this post was conceived).

Just then, your door is broken down forcibly and you hear unfamiliar voices in your house. What are you prepared to do?

:popcorn:

Man I think about this all the time. Especially since my :poop:er is right by the front door. The good thing is that my pistol is always holstered on me in the house, but the bad part is you're squeezing off a log and someone's just burst in.

My first instinct would be to pinch it off and try hard to ignore the pain, hoping that the sight of a half naked man with poo flying around distracts them long enough to get a shot off. :):

However, I have considered that since the bathroom door would be closed (most of the time) I have the element of surprise on my side. This would give me enough time (hopefully) to pull up my pants (or just my boxers if I have no shoes on), pull my pistol, and slowly creep out from the bathroom and around the corner.

The problem lies in the question not answered. Did they come in guns drawn ready to fire, burst through the door shooting, or armed with anything other than a gun? Maybe they didn't have their guns drawn? Those are a question that must be addressed first though.

Guns drawn ready to fire would mean I would NEED to surprise them as I came around the corner shooting with aimed shots. Burst through the door shooting would be a stand up and point shoot deal. No guns or no guns visible would prompt a warning of get on the floor and any other movement than slowly laying down would prompt lead poisoning.

I know, I know, most people wouldn't give a warning. However, I do not want to have to kill someone if I don't ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. If someone is willing to surrender and wait for the police to arrive (police station is 2-2 1/2 football fields away) then not only do I have no legal or moral right to shoot them, but I would be taking a life unnecessarily. Don't, however, get me wrong and think that I wouldn't shoot someone if my family's lives, or anyone else for that matter, was in danger of harm.

So, yes, this is one of many scenarios I've played out every angle in my head a few times. :):

Top Bottom