• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It is odd that you posted this since a friend of the family was murdered while in the bathroom by a drug dealer. He was staying at a friends place who apparently had a drug debt to a man who showed up to collect. The collector shot the guy who owned the house and the family friend had just gotten out of the shower and heard the shots. The shooter knew somebody was in there and came to see who else was there and our friend apparently tried to hold the door shut but the man fired through the door killing him to. The police layed out the incident which is how we know what happened and with the killers confession.

That being said....I am not going to stay in the bathroom if nobody else important is in the house. If family is in the house then the dash for the bedroom is my only real chance of stopping the situation.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Reach down to the third drawer in the sink cabinet right next to the stool, open it, take out the S&W Mod 66 two and a half inch round butt. Make sure the two speed loaders are within easy reach. Make sure the small flashlight is still working.

Wait to see if they try to come in before I am done with my present need.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Well I always have at least my carry gun and 2 spare mags with me. With it being a 1911, gun is loaded with +p rounds and the spare mags are regular full power PDXI. I get up and quietly lock the door. And try to finish my deed before they get to me. If they get to me first, I'll shoot through the door and head out the door leading to the laundry room and pick a different route around to them. If I can get out and around before they notice, I'll grab a long gun and finish them off. But its unlikely that I'd miss the first time anyways. If I'm in there for a shower I normally take in a long gun as well. So I'd use it first.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    After they gained entry into my home they'll be occupied dealing with my 4 dogs mauling them, so I'll probably have time to finish, wipe & pull my pants back up before leaving the bathroom in order to dispatch them in a more humane manner.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    well i can tell you wipping my ass would not be a priority at all. and since my s*** dont stink, i couldnt just scare them away with odors.

I have at least one gun with me at ALL times, yes: shower, sex, toilet, eating, sleeping, swimming, etc. and I have made sure im very accurate with everything I carry. My wife is also VERY versed in our household Emergency plans, and we do practice drills regularly. I think it would be a hard fight and end badly for someone and maybe all, but there would be a massive battle, I can assure you of that.

17440__mmsmith_l.jpg

brad-pitt-in-mr-and-mrs-smith.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/050526/17440__mmsmith_l.jpg

:laugh:

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    This almost exact scenario happened to a friend of mine last month. Strange.

He told me he was sitting on the pot, no one else in the house. Heard the front door open and voices. At this point he's thinking "Great, my gun is in the back bedroom and I'm trapped in here. I'm gonna die with my pants down around my ankles"

Luckily, his dog heard them too and started barking like crazy and they left. I think he now keeps his gun with him wherever he goes in the house.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    ideally, for me this is the best scenario. no matter what, if someone were to kick in my front door, assuming they do it in one kick, i'm gonna sh**. so, being on the toilet is good. that being said, if i'm home alone i'll most likely be armed so i'd lock the door and turn off the lights. stand in the shower behind the curtain which i can see out and noone can see in. when the door opens and an id can be made, loud noise. and rapid advancement to eliminate other threats. i wouldn't make for a long gun because i feel time would be of the essense. hopefully they have caught me at the end of "duty" because pinching one off early really makes me angry.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    As for "seat duty" (or is it "doodie"?), I've got my FNP and 21A on my person most of the time, and when showering, the FNP is right next to the shower on the top of the toilet tank. I usually throw a hand towel over is so that if someone somehow gets past the dogs unnoticed (unlikely), it's not in plain view.

Top Bottom