Not open for further replies.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This week-ish:

Monster workout schedule: weights, run, bootcamp, heavy bag, bike, swim.

1 Dry practice session: G19, AK

1 Solo range session: G19, J frame, Tomcat, Shotgun and AK

Attended Tactical Response's Alumni Weekend. Taught 6 sessions on equiping a Bug Out Vehicle or daily driver. Jumped into a shotgun workup.

Brewed 20 gallons of IPA. Does that count as a prep?

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    It was more of a 3 week process but I've finally beat my caffeine addiction. No more Pepsi, energy drinks, or caffeine pills. I'm finally over the caffeine withdraw headaches also!!! I now start the day off with 24 oz of milk, then it's at least 64 oz of water throughout the day and a Gatorade around lunch.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    watched Grant Thompson on you tube...how to start a fire with a water bottle ....gonna watch him more as he has lots of ideas for making something out of 'nothing'. next, a water pump out of leftover pvc and toys.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm late getting the 6 month food rotation done. Got the get home bags packed and the first aid kit updated and refilled. Someone at the last event stole My CAT tourniquet. Grrrrrrrrrr Updated my insurance pictures and serial numbers. Bought another 40 cal glock, been without one since last year, it's a required caliber IMO due to it's broad use by LE agencies. Ammo was readily available for it during the scare.

Drained all the 6 month old storage fuel into the truck, tractor and car. Gotta go refill them now.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I traded truck bed toolboxes with my son. My truck has a long bed and his has a short bed. I now have a larger/wider tool box which makes my truck bed look shorter. (I never did like a long bed, but the price was right) So, both trucks look "balanced" now.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Meijer had Chef Boyaree as part of their weekly 10 for 10 and had some killer sales on canned soup. I loaded up and can home this week with about 6 dozen new canned items for the pantry.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Finally found some AR lowers at a decent price, In stock, so splurged and bought two. Got them both assembled last night, and have to admit........They are pretty nice! If they shoot as well as they look and feel, they should be keepers! Getting the wife more educated and she's finally "getting it" ! LOL She went shopping and is stocking the pantry quite nicely. I need to make a roation system rack so it will be easier to rotate FIFO for her.

catfishjn69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    West side of Indy
    spent a night in my alpha army ponch tent. couple of things even with it propped open about 2 foot it still formed alot of condensation on the inside. good idea for a GHB to keep weight down ie poncho and tent one in the same. was in a bivy bag but could see this being a problem in colder wether. but for longer term would prefer a tent because it breathes better and wouldnt have the moisture build up. also spent a few hours at the range with my son shooting my .22 rifle my ak, mosin, glock, and grendel p10 a pin came out of the grendel so I have to get a replacement. still not sold on this one yet.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Assembled 2 more AR's . Had all the uppers and lpk's , but then the market went berserk! Finally found some at a reasonable price. Wife added some canned goods and is now urging me to make shelving. I think she's getting it! LOL Bought a couple mag fire starters and gonna practice tonight and see if I can do it! Wish me luck!

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Huge score these past couple weeks. I've been selling off ammo for a while now due to the economic benefit and can replace it 3 to 1 with reloaded ammo of my own. Bullets are available now and I've been stocking up. I've busted out 1500 45acp today. Dillon has their back order situation figured out. I have all the needed 308 conversion parts coming for my press. Even 30 cal AP black tip bullets have come available.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    REPR semi auto. They are fine for the intended purpose. They have similar accuracy to the 147g bullet normally found in NATO ball. Once you get past 350yds, it's a crap shoot. For defensive rounds, I'll also run Sierra 150g spitzer up around 2900fps. Have my own TAP 110's made in 308 and 300WM. lol. You should see the results of a 110g ballistic tip varmint bullet at insane speeds.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I almost bought two(2) 5 gal. metal jerry cans, but I balked after bidding $10ea. of going to $15 when someone else bid $12.50. Someone far stronger than I tried opening the cap off one of them and failed, proclaiming the interior rusted beyond use.

I didn't even get a chance to bid on an Icom IC-756 Pro III ham radio when the $800 in my pocket (now destined for back in my savings account) was trumped outta the gate by a $1300 phoned in bid. I swear, if the auction had gone off as planned a week ago, those phone bids would not have happened and I'd have my first ham transceiver for under $500.

:xmad: :( :crying: :tantrum:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I almost bought two(2) 5 gal. metal jerry cans, but I balked after bidding $10ea. of going to $15 when someone else bid $12.50. Someone far stronger than I tried opening the cap off one of them and failed, proclaiming the interior rusted beyond use.

:xmad: :( :crying: :tantrum:

Unless the tank is rusted through they can be saved.Kreem | Fuel Tank Liner I have used it on one of the old military tanks,and on motorcycle tanks.It works very well.Just be sure to follow the instructions to the letter.To get most of the rust out I used lead shot and quite a bit of shaking before lining with Kreem.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been a good boy this year and haven't bought any guns, but yesterday I bought a new barrel for my encore. I've been thinking about a 44mag NEF/H&R handi or getting a 44mag barrel for my encore for a long time now and yesterday I finally came across an actual thompson center factory SST 44mag barrel IN STOCK for the right deal. When this mystical unicorn of a barrel shows up I'm going to see what I can get out of it as far as accuracy and distance. I've got my puma 92 44mag for hunting, but I wanted to get a scoped 44mag for hunting and my encore was the first gun I took a deer with and now with this 44mag barrel I'll be able to hunt with it again in my home state. I'm hoping to get deer accuracy out to 200 yards with this barrel, but I'd settle for 150 yards. Either way, I'm getting excited for this years deer season already.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    And now...we have chickens .....no eggs yet but soon, we hope. Garden is great..Mama put pickles in the crock.
    First tomatoes ripe. Potatoes are soon....raspberries out the wazoo ....got more cheap parts for the
    AR project...gonna convert the HB to a flattop and use the old upper for a Dissapater style
    Shorty. (16")..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom