• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Cedar Lake IN
    I realized I was unorganized....my girlfriend has bought in to prepping and we are now squared away and organized. I have more room and things will be much easier to find now. I also picked up 500 rounds of 9mm and a few dozen batteries. Added to my hygeine preps as well.

11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    got everything i need to reload and make lead cast bullets

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Found a deal on travel size toothpaste/toothbrush combos (for your hygiene preps)

Dollar tree has this combo for $1ea and you can get a case of them for $36. Needless to say, I got a case of these as well :rockwoot:

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    Made my kids go 4 days without milk to see if they could survive!!! lol
    Now they are totally excited about me getting some instant dry milk for the times when I refuse to run to the store for milk!!

Made a small online purchase of instant milk, powdered eggs, powdered buttermilk, and some powdered cheese blend so I could try it out and see how we like it before stocking up!!

Bought extra toothpaste, toothbrushes, bandages, & matches at Dollar Tree. Also found some treats for the kids Easter baskets (hey now I am prepared for Easter, almost).

I have also still been working on my price charts for stores I buy from so I know when I am getting a good deal and can stock up on certain foods. Printed out two recipes for if the power goes down and I can't get on the computer and google recipes anymore!!

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I actually bought my first bug out bag. Nothing fancy but got one at WalMart for 49. Outdoor Products Gama Internal Frame Pack was the name. Outdoor Products Gama Internal Frame Pack - Walmart.com

I then bought some other things. Reservoir, bug repellent, matches, dry sacks, water tablets, compass, multitool knife, emergency blankets, compact pans, ponchos, and poison ivy spray. The only store I have is Walmart in my town. Let me know what other things they have that I should pick up. Thanks

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I realized I was unorganized....my girlfriend has bought in to prepping and we are now squared away and organized. I have more room and things will be much easier to find now. I also picked up 500 rounds of 9mm and a few dozen batteries. Added to my hygeine preps as well.

I wish I could get my wife involved. Any suggestions?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Gentle steps. She has to convince herself this is needed. I have always been somewhat of a preper and she has put up with me. After watching some of the catastrophe's (weather related) on TV my wife was on board.
    She is now in charge of the food/hygiene and has made me build up more shelving and storage space. I have created a monster........:rockwoot:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hoo boy, lets see. In the past week or so.

6 days of workouts: weights, heavy bag, ruck march, swim, bike.

1 Fight Nite. Drills, sparring, ground work

3 Dry practice sessions: G19, AK, shotgun

Practiced high speed backing and both bootlegger and J turns.

Pitched in as range monkey and instructor for HRCC Direct Action at Tactical Response in TN.

Taught a 2 day Bug Out Survival Class to 11 students.

Bought some MREs and MRE bits and pieces.

Acquired some medical supplies.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here

Few ways:

• Do it gently. Throw an extra can of beans in the cart when you buy them.
    • Let some things run out. "See honey, we probably should keep more of them around."
    • Just start prepping yourself. After awhile, she'll get used to it and do it as well.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County

Start watching the news together!!! That is all it took for me to decide it was a good idea when my husband mentioned it. We had already started the "Tornado/Blizzard Emergency Box" but just watching the news made me think twice about having some longer term storage for the loss of a job, or prices just getting out of hand, or if the unthinkable happens. If nothing happens, that's great, it's all still usable! I would also start by getting her into the food/household supply preps first. If you mention stocking up on guns and ammo first that could scare some women. In fact at first I was a little afraid my husband may have been developing a brain tumor, but then I started paying attention on what was going on outside my small little world and now we both have the preparation bug!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Planted 140 trees today and spent some quality time with my dear ole shovel. More to go tomorrow but I'm mostly done. Had an MRE picnic while watching 4 deer through binos. Awesome day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Start watching the news together!!! That is all it took for me to decide it was a good idea when my husband mentioned it. We had already started the "Tornado/Blizzard Emergency Box" but just watching the news made me think twice about having some longer term storage for the loss of a job, or prices just getting out of hand, or if the unthinkable happens. If nothing happens, that's great, it's all still usable! I would also start by getting her into the food/household supply preps first. If you mention stocking up on guns and ammo first that could scare some women. In fact at first I was a little afraid my husband may have been developing a brain tumor, but then I started paying attention on what was going on outside my small little world and now we both have the preparation bug!

My wife sees to it that the food we store in in a constant rotation so shelf life is paid attention to. We seem to eat better meals now. Go figure.

The real issue is one granddaughter has serious food allergy's. We have to keep Her special food in with our own. There are now twins in the mix so we have an entire area for just those 3. The parents are prepping best they can with the expense of new born twins and a 6 yr. old. These young children and my young adult kids (still kids to me) are the main reason we prep.

Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    Bought a 5rd box of 12g buck shot! Ha I know its not much but every weekend I stop in at walmart to see if they have any ammo I can use, on the occasion that they do, I buy me a couple boxes.
    Also trying to get the wife on board in prep work but she is less than enthusiastic about it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom